Game of thrones doesn't work

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Before you try that, are you connected to the internet via a wired internet connection, or wireless connection? If you are on a wireless connection, I recommend connecting directly through a wired connection, then delete the game, and re-download it from the Playstation Store one more time to ensure you are not receiving an incomplete or corrupted download of the game.

(You can also check your Game Data Utility for any extra game files, and delete them the same time you delete the game, to make sure that there is no existing data that may be causing the issue. Then re-download the game from the PS Store.)

StarkLife posted: »

No, I haven't done that. Is that the next step you're suggesting, because I'd really rather not lose well over 10 hours of data

• Upon your suggestion, I deleted and re-downladed the game, started it up and looked at my save files. One save file showed a played time, but had no thumbnail of the most recent scene like all the others, just the generic Forrester House sigil. I figured that meant the data was probably corrupt, so I deleted it and have had no issues starting up the game since. Thank you Mike!

Before you try that, are you connected to the internet via a wired internet connection, or wireless connection? If you are on a wireless con

• I just bought the game and I can't even start it, it keeps asking me to sign in, but then saying I can't sign in, I've tried many times, what should I do?

• edited April 2015

Nope, nevermind. I just downloaded episode 3, selected load content and then the exact same issue is happening AGAIN. Can't start it up anymore. I'm getting extremely frustrated, but trying my best to be patient. I've deleted and redownloaded the game three different times, cleared corrupted saves and am still dealing with a product I paid for that is deciding at seemingly random to be completely and totally unplayable. Is there some way that the file that's been loaded to the PSN be checked to ensure that it hasn't become corrupted? I have no wire to start a wired connection nor the disposable income to purchase equipment just to test out a theory. However, in order to potentially help solve this, I will say that perhaps it may have corrupted information again when I selected "load" when all of my remaining save files were in the middle of episodes 1 or 2, none of them were ready to play episode 3. I just figured it would bounce me to the main menu without crashing the game again.

Before you try that, are you connected to the internet via a wired internet connection, or wireless connection? If you are on a wireless con

@rubyblincoe Can you please clarify what platform you are playing the game on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/iOS/Android?) If you are on a mobile device, can you please clarify which device, and what OS version you are running? Also, if you are on PC/Mac, can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale Games version, or the Steam version? After we receive this information, we will be able to assist you further.

rubyblincoe posted: »

I just bought the game and I can't even start it, it keeps asking me to sign in, but then saying I can't sign in, I've tried many times, what should I do?

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are located in the North American or European region?

We had a few other PS3 players experiencing a similar issue, and they reported that they were able to successfully play Episode 3 after deleting and re-downloading the game from the Playstation Store, but not downloading the Full Game Unlock file (Just downloading the Episode 1: Iron From Ice Demo, then downloading and installing Episodes 2 and 3, without the Unlock Key file, they were able to play Episodes 2 and 3 successfully (but their games would not save, because the full game was not unlocked using the unlock key). Can you please clarify if you are able to play Episodes 2 and 3 without downloading the Full Game Unlock Key? This information would be greatly helpful in figuring out your exact situation.

Nope, nevermind. I just downloaded episode 3, selected load content and then the exact same issue is happening AGAIN. Can't start it up anym

• Where is the unlock key?

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are located in the North American or European region? We had a few other PS3 players experien

• I've tried each way and every time I get to the episode itself it says Buy $4.99. Through the game episodes menu it says purchased not downloaded so it's acknowledged I have the pass. I click that then it takes me to the game store for download but it doesn't recognize that I have the season pass past the episodes menu

Please make sure you have tried accessing and downloading the episode from the in-game Episodes menu, and if you are not able to download it

My apologies. I recommend first making sure that the Game of Thrones Season Pass shows up in your Purchase History page on your Xbox Live account. If it does show up, please contact Microsoft Support, as there may be an issue with your account not registering as owning the Season Pass. If it does not show up in your purchase history, can you please clarify when you purchased the Season Pass? (Month/Day?)

I've tried each way and every time I get to the episode itself it says Buy $4.99. Through the game episodes menu it says purchased not down

• I purchased it on the 25th of January , 2015. And this may be part of the issue, it seems to have gone through as only a purchase for episode 1 on my purchase history, but I know 200% that I purchased the season pass, and so does my game hence the "purchased but not downloaded" for episode 2 and 3. Would I contact Xbox or telltale to have them switch it to what I actually bought?

My apologies. I recommend first making sure that the Game of Thrones Season Pass shows up in your Purchase History page on your Xbox Live ac

Can you please clarify if you purchased the Season Pass, and Episode 1? Please note that they are sold separately, and the Season Pass is a separate purchase than Episode 1.

I purchased it on the 25th of January , 2015. And this may be part of the issue, it seems to have gone through as only a purchase for episo

• Yes I purchased Episode 1 and then the season pass since its ep2-6 ( both on Jan 25th). when i locate the season pass in the Xbox store it says "installed" instead of "Buy" , as well as within my episodes list in game it says "purchased but not downloaded" for the available episodes. But when I select the episode for download all it does is bring me to the store to buy the episode I have supposedly purchased already (doing the thing the season pass says explicitly not to do).

Can you please clarify if you purchased the Season Pass, and Episode 1? Please note that they are sold separately, and the Season Pass is a separate purchase than Episode 1.

My apologies, you should then contact Microsoft Support directly for further assistance, to make sure there are no issues with the Season Pass not being registered with your account after you have purchased it from the Xbox Marketplace.

Yes I purchased Episode 1 and then the season pass since its ep2-6 ( both on Jan 25th). when i locate the season pass in the Xbox store it

• When i click play GOT on steam, steam says that i am playing GOT. This only happens for about 5 seconds and then its nothing again. The game itself doesnt even start... I have downloaded the game soooo many times, and nothing is helping. I have even deleted the GOT folder, because it helped some people, i made sure to make a backup of the save files though. Here is the sticky thing, hope you can help me :-) Thanks in advance https://www.sendspace.com/file/ocsd28

@Ymida After looking over your Support Tool information, it appears that your computer is currently using an Intel HD Graphics card that is below the Minimum System Requirements to play the game successfully. I noticed you have an NVidia card as well, but it does not seem to be currently enabled. I recommend making sure your more powerful graphics card is enabled when attempting to start the game, and you should then be able to start the game and play successfully.

Ymida posted: »

When i click play GOT on steam, steam says that i am playing GOT. This only happens for about 5 seconds and then its nothing again. The game

• Hi TelltaleMike!

My GOT application doesn't launch! Here is the link you need to help me : https://www.sendspace.com/file/y3pmpd

• Other information: I'm on PC and I'm using the Steam version.

vbrunin posted: »

Hi TelltaleMike! My GOT application doesn't launch! Here is the link you need to help me : https://www.sendspace.com/file/y3pmpd

After looking over your Support Tool information, it appears that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 2.0GHz of processing speed, your computer is currently running at 1.7GHz of processing speed. I recommend try playing the game on a computer above minimum system requirements if you have the ability to, or contacting Steam Support for any inquiries regarding refunds, or refund requests.

vbrunin posted: »

Other information: I'm on PC and I'm using the Steam version.

• edited June 2015

hello there! i purchased GoT via the telltale website for mac yesterday and immediately installed it. when episodes 2-4 were still listed as "coming soon" i read about the patch and installed it, but the episodes are still listed as "coming soon". what can i do about it?

The updated Critical PC/Mac Patch should resolve this particular issue. If you have downloaded the latest version from the page that I just linked, and are still experiencing the issue, we are still actively looking into the root cause of the issue and hope to have more information in the near future.

For a possible workaround in the meantime, you should be able to resolve this issue by deleting the 'GameOfThrones_patch.mft' file from your 'Game of Thrones' folder located here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\Game of Thrones\

or if on Mac:

~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/Game of Thrones/

(Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the file specified above.)

Then restart the game while connected to the internet, and Episode 3 should become available to download in-game.

gesche12345 posted: »

hello there! i purchased GoT via the telltale website for mac yesterday and immediately installed it. when episodes 2-4 were still listed as

• i don't have any file of that name in my game of thrones folder? also - i don't know if this might be a related issue- the net and dumps folders are empty. but like i said, i first installed telltales latest version of this site yesterday, then the patch file.

The updated Critical PC/Mac Patch should resolve this particular issue. If you have downloaded the latest version from the page that I just

If you just downloaded and installed the game yesterday, and you started the game while connected to the internet, you should have received the latest data from our servers and Episodes 2, 3, and 4 should have updated to show as available to download. If the episodes are still not updating as available, can you please clarify if you have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running in the background when starting the game? If so, please try disabling them, then start the game again, and it should receive the proper updates to make episodes 2-4 available to download and play.

i don't have any file of that name in my game of thrones folder? also - i don't know if this might be a related issue- the net and dumps fol

• I neither use an anti virus program nor an internet firewall. There are no other programs running in the background and my internet connection is always on. It still won't work.

If you just downloaded and installed the game yesterday, and you started the game while connected to the internet, you should have received

Can you please clarify if you followed the steps to install the patch that were in the Patch Download/Install thread to ensure the patch was installed correctly? If so, can you please clarify if you are currently connected through a wired connection, or through a wireless network connection? If you were connected wirelessly, I recommend try either connecting through a wired connection, or try resetting your wireless network access point (Modem/Router), then after it has finished reconnecting, try starting the game and see if it updates to show Episodes 2-4 as available to download in-game.

I neither use an anti virus program nor an internet firewall. There are no other programs running in the background and my internet connection is always on. It still won't work.

• the wired connection finally did the trick. THANK YOU!
    is that a known problem?

Can you please clarify if you followed the steps to install the patch that were in the Patch Download/Install thread to ensure the patch was

You're welcome. Unfortunately it may have been a connectivity issue on either end of the connection, or just a general communication error with our servers using the wireless network. I hope you enjoy the game!

the wired connection finally did the trick. THANK YOU! is that a known problem?

• I have a black screen on the PS3 after downloading ep 4 a few days earlier, tried rebooting, still doesn't work. Pls help

• Hello everybody!
    I have read the post and I would like to try to solve the problem related to ps3 systems as I have been affected too by it.
    My problem was that when I tried to boot up the game,it just went to a black screen and my system freezes up, even though I had played previous chapters (1-4, the entire game by now) without any problem.
    I think the problem is the last update 1.08, because after deleting the information about the game and reinstal it, it worked again.
    So, please staff of telltale games, check it in order to solve the problem.
    Thank you for your attention.

• I need help with playing Game of Thrones. I played the first three episodes but now when I try to log in the line up of characters doesn't show. I hear the music in the background but no visual. Please help https://www.sendspace.com/file/vo2ml0

@F00rkrism and @Gandraya We are currently investigating the PS3 black screen issue and hope to have more information on a resolution in the near future. When I receive any new information or have any updates on that issue, I will make sure to update This Thread.

@xziles After looking over your Support Tool information, it appears that your current system's graphics card is not running above the minimum system requirements to play the game. Please make sure that you have updated your graphics card's drivers to the latest version, then start the game again, and you should be able to successfully run the game and continue your saves. Please also make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Updated Critical PC/Mac Patch available for the game.

• Mike? I asked you which file contained the unlock key. Also, I'm in the north american region. And now, it's done it again. It worked for a while and then is refusing to work. It seems to have something to do with keeping multiple save files. It will work fine until I use a second or third save file, then that seems to be when it decides it doesn't need to work anymore. My problem was not resolved. Has the ticket been closed?

Where is the unlock key?

My apologies, we are still currently looking into this issue, and hope to have more information on a resolution soon. When I have any new information or updates, I will make sure to update This Thread.

Mike? I asked you which file contained the unlock key. Also, I'm in the north american region. And now, it's done it again. It worked for a

• client up to date not sure what is wrong, but a small company dealing with a big issue like this so well is astounding! well done telltale! finaly a game a company that is legitimately in it for the people! massive thumbs up from me!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g1bjo1

@beasty_brad Can you please clarify the exact issue you are experiencing? Are you unable to start the game on your computer? Can you start the game but are stuck at a certain screen/menu?

beasty_brad posted: »

client up to date not sure what is wrong, but a small company dealing with a big issue like this so well is astounding! well done telltale!

• Heya.

I downloaded Episode 5 for my PS3 (season pass if that helps) and it doesn't load, it will freeze on a blank black screen.

• Any updates on the ipad problem? The content failed to download issue. The other thread regarding this gets blatantly ignored. To "clarify": i have an ipad air, have closed all other apps, have restarted and changed wifi , have closed the ipad and reset in 10 minutes. I also have the latest update - 1.6

edited July 2015

@LegendBenji We are currently investigating the PS3 black screen issue and hope to have more information on a resolution in the near future. When I receive any new information or have any updates on that issue, I will make sure to update This Discussion Thread.

LegendBenji posted: »

Heya. I downloaded Episode 5 for my PS3 (season pass if that helps) and it doesn't load, it will freeze on a blank black screen.

• Update?

@LegendBenji We are currently investigating the PS3 black screen issue and hope to have more information on a resolution in the near future.

• Hi, I have the same problem as LegendBenji. Today I've installed episode 5 and the whole GOT will not lunch anymore - just black screen.

@LegendBenji We are currently investigating the PS3 black screen issue and hope to have more information on a resolution in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.