Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited July 2015

It's a possibility he drugged girls and raped them...including Rachel.

• edited July 2015

Interesting theory, this was my favorite episode by far list your top 4 episodes 1 equaling favorite your and 4 equaling your least favorite

1= episode 4

2= episode 2

3= episode 3

4= episode 1

• edited July 2015

It didn't say Rachel had powers, and I don't believe that either. I just think she'll come back in Max's timeline.

I don't know why Rachel has to have powers, maybe it's just a ghost or spirit or something...Hell, there are people thinking she'll come back.

• I wasn't referencing you.

AAA_Jane posted: »

It didn't say Rachel had powers, and I don't believe that either. I just think she'll come back in Max's timeline.

• I think that is Rachel. I think she is dead. But I have the feeling she'll come back.

Listen, I don't know, I still think it's just her shirt and then Max rubs away the dirt to reveal the rest of her dead body.

• edited July 2015

Daniel wouldn't get self confindence, Juliet would not know Victoria lied, Victoria wouldn't have gotten redemption, Justin would be lonely, Warren would have no friends, David would be left to spy on people and/or with a broken familly, Kate would still be bullied, List goes on.

And anyway i think Max learned that lesson after travelling to the other world.

Flog61 posted: »

So many good things wouldn't have happened like what? Rachel wouldnt be murdered, Chloe wouldnt have to lose her best friend for the second

• She didn't lose her powers. She was under a sedative that made it impossible to focus.

Killah posted: »

Too bad Max lost her powers. But if she got back her powers, then I would choose 1).

• What? Who said she lost her powers?

Too bad Max lost her powers. But if she got back her powers, then I would choose 1).

• Oh... awkward.

I wasn't referencing you.

• Don't worry about it, I understand how you could misunderstand. I was actually referencing people on the Reddit board.

AAA_Jane posted: »

Oh... awkward.

• Also, you have to mess with the fuse box to bait him away from the table and get his keys. If he sees you, you're forced to rewind. You have to use both entrances.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Didn't know that, I just used the lock combo from the previous episode.

SpineLine posted: »

Also, you have to mess with the fuse box to bait him away from the table and get his keys. If he sees you, you're forced to rewind. You have to use both entrances.

• Does Max have to put her hand out to reverse time? She always does.

• edited July 2015

Not sure if you haven't played it yet if this will spoil anything but...

Alt text

Edit: oops it was already posted. My bad.

• edited July 2015

What the fuck? I didn't noticed that line, but...it's like he is going to kidnap everyone in that room o-o

Not sure if you haven't played it yet if this will spoil anything but... Edit: oops it was already posted. My bad.

• Woah that ending...F.ing Jefferson? I don't even know what's going on anymore. Why does he need Max? So creepy...

• edited July 2015

Maybe. I don't know what to expect anymore.

What the fuck? I didn't noticed that line, but...it's like he is going to kidnap everyone in that room o-o

• I'm so happy about the kate scene though! Who else agrees?

• They're the same genre game. A genre that is fairly new and not very competitive yet (from what I know). Apart from TT and Square Enix's LiS (or someone else the developer?.. I forget), I don't really know of any other company making this type of interactive episodic story game. (If there are feel free to correct me).

So, competition is always good, thus comparison is good and should be encouraged.

I, for example, loved the first season of TWD the most out of all TT's games, like most of us. TWAU was good too, but felt like it was slipping a bit. TWD season 2 was like TWAU. Not as good as the first. GOT is a disappointment for me. I still play it but am not really invested in the story much, while TFTB looks good so far, but will have to see how the last episodes are handled. Life is strange is like the first season of TWD and am heavily invested in the story, more-so then with the current running TT games, which makes me hope TT is monitoring reaction to not only their games but their new competition, and hopefully will step up their game (no pun intended) in the future.

• I feel like it is on the same quality level as the first season of TWD. Life is Strange has been highly immersive for me, with all the environment interaction and messing around with the rewind option + how the story got a lot more serious over the past 2 episodes. It's not as "rushed" as TT's recent games, with just cinematic dialogue and QTE's leading to a wooping 2 hour max of gameplay.

TT has some excellent story writing skills, but needs to make its game environments more.... explorable... or something. Need more immersion.

Flog61 posted: »

It's way way way darker and more mature than anything Telltale has created in it's presentation. Which is funny because people here who w

• Exactly! I keep repeating this now, but more time spent in game interacting with the environment, or characters, even if just simple things => more immersion => much more satisfaction in the end.

I'd also like to give praise to DONTNOD in creating longer episodes than Telltale, and depsite LiS’s slow pace, it makes things realistic. We can't live 100% always in adrenaline rushes, right?

• Y'all won't like this, but Life is Strange has honestly put Telltale to shame.

LMAO! No it doesn't. Are you cereal? :P

This topic is kinda random for this section, but I'll say it anyway. Y'all won't like this, but Life is Strange has honestly put Telltale to

• BURN IN HELL, NATHAN! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

Alt text

• edited July 2015

I wonder if he'll save some seats on the boat to Hell, for his father and the other.asshole.

Clemenem posted: »

BURN IN HELL, NATHAN! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

• I thought the beginning and last act of this episode was pretty solid. Everything else in between was meh and tedious. My choices for ep4:

1. Accepted Chole's request

2. Let Warren beat up Nathan

3. Had Chloe wound Frank

4. Didn't warn Victoria about the Dark Room

• The best things in life are free.

Alt text

I'd love if Max had taken his picture though and distributed it all over the campus and online. Really twist the knife.

Clemenem posted: »

BURN IN HELL, NATHAN! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

• Agreed. It was nice to see her again.

I'm so happy about the kate scene though! Who else agrees?

• It's been a whole day, and I'm still haunted by the ending of Dark Room. And I don't think I'm the only one here.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Probably not, but I personally got over it quickly.

• Major things from episodes 2-4 of LiS were actually foreshadowed back in episode 1:

Episode 2 - Kate's suicide (attempt) was foreshadowed by the drawings she made, in Jefferson's class, of an angel and a noose.

Episode 3 - Chloe being disabled in the alternate universe was foreshadowed by her parking in a parking space for handicaps.

Episode 4 - Jefferson being the man behind the pictures in the dark room was foreshadowed by one of his lines of dialogue "I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation"

Episode 5 - ?

• sad episode :(

• Ep3 - Chloe also wants to take the money from the handicapped fund.

• That too, but I wonder if something important that will happen in episode 5 is foreshadowed in episode 1.

ComingLate posted: »

Ep3 - Chloe also wants to take the money from the handicapped fund.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Over 3 hours per episode

Prior to Walking Dead, Telltale episodes were around 4-6 hours long and had puzzles/exploration similar to how Life is Strange now does. Telltale deliberately keeps their newer episodes around 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours long and focuses more on dialogue now in order to give their games a more cinematic presentation, but I hope that Life is Strange shows Telltale that even players of their newer games who play primarily for the story would still enjoy puzzle solving and more walking around (if it fits the story and isn't arbitrarily included, of course).

This topic is kinda random for this section, but I'll say it anyway. Y'all won't like this, but Life is Strange has honestly put Telltale to

• I imagine the storm at the Lighthouse is an obvious hint at what's to come in Episode 5. :P

• That one would be a bit too obvious. My memory of episode 1 is a bit foggy, but I remember Chloe shows up in Max's 2nd vision. Chloe returns confirmed?

I imagine the storm at the Lighthouse is an obvious hint at what's to come in Episode 5. :P

• I honestly think developers just did that to make it look cooler. I think all she has to do is focus.

Skiba7671 posted: »

Does Max have to put her hand out to reverse time? She always does.

• R.I.P Chloe you will be missed and finding out that Rachel died....

ahhhhh this episode made me depressed

• edited July 2015

Ok I posted this earlier today but I don't think anyone saw so

When we found Rachel Amber's corpse, there was a ghost deer/translucent thing. I had the feeling it meant something more. I watched this theory on YouTube, and I think I'm a little off but I think Max is the only one that can see it because it's in her timeline and no one else's. So I think it's hinting that Rachel might come back the same way.

This is it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.