Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• The last two photos were interesting. I missed them on my first playthrough. I like how you need to angle yourself for the shot. Dontnod is teaching me photography with this game. lol

You need to angle the two moons just right at the Vortex party's window.

• So there's a theory going around regarding to Chloe's bullet necklace in the ending. The theory is that the bullets hints that she still can be revived. Only one bullet through the whole shot (pardon the pun) shined while the others were dimmed in darkness. Theoretically if you could still see when you're dead, all you see is darkness. There have been two instances Chloe actually died in the main timeline.

1. The bathroom with Nathan.

2. The junkyard with Mark.

The other moments were close death experiences and the alternate timeline version of Chloe doesn't count (Although if you add Alt Chloe death, that's death three, or if you count where Main Chloe shoots herself then that's three bullet hits. But let's ignore those details.). So the bullets serves as a life count. Chloe I guess is like a cat (Chloe is feisty, so are cats.) with multiple lives. So she still has one more chance to be revived. It kinda makes sense considering how much Dontnod loves their foreshadowing.

• There will definitely be a way to save her but I still think either her or Max or both need to die to stop the tornado.

• edited July 2015

Well....

Alt text

PS: Found it when surfing the subreddit.

• I don't know if that's foreshadowing necessarily, I mean I don't think Jefferson drugged any of the other girls in the Junkyard

• edited July 2015

Doesn't the fact that the weird weather still occurs in the alternate universe mean the weather isn't caused by saving Chloe in the bathroom?

So theories that we have to kill Chloe might be wrong.

• I almost completely forgot about those.

So, that's why all those used syringes were there. Jefferson just tossed them there after using them on the victims. And since it's a junkyard, no one would really think too much about why they're there. Bastard.

• But I don't really see how he would lead each girl to the junkyard.

I'm pretty sure most girls got drugged by Nathan, then brought to the Dark Room and whatever happens to them, rather than being drugged by Nathan, led to the junkyard for no reason, and injected with drugs.

I almost completely forgot about those. So, that's why all those used syringes were there. Jefferson just tossed them there after using t

• Just finished it... the best episode so far, really. The first episodes had a lot of fillers, but now this is getting way more interesting.

• Um, no.

endoftimes posted: »

Messing with time can fuck shit up !

• edited July 2015

Max's powers is affecting the alternate universe, because she tampered with time.

It was Max who created that timeline in the first place, and my theory is that all events that fate meant to happen will happen no matter what, which is why the Alt. Max's personality seemed kind off "asshole-y", because the way Max is, is all dependent on what she chooses.

EDIT: Max's powers caused the weird phenomenons in Arcadia Bay.

• That must be coming from past experience, eh?

Um, no.

• Oh yeah, i can rewind time too!

endoftimes posted: »

That must be coming from past experience, eh?

• edited July 2015

Dontnod is the New Telltale. Many of the choices in Life is Strange have outcomes and the choices you make really do affect the story. I am really happy to say that Dontnod is making an amazing game and I give Episode 4: Dark Room a 9.3/10.

How would you rate Episode 4:Dark Room?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Dontnod makes this game, not Square Enix, they're just the publisher.

Dontnod is the New Telltale. Many of the choices in Life is Strange have outcomes and the choices you make really do affect the story. I am

• I wouldn't say they are the new Telltale, but I will say this episode was actually pretty good, I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Dontnod is the New Telltale. Many of the choices in Life is Strange have outcomes and the choices you make really do affect the story. I am

• Dontmod makes the game. I am glad that Telltale has a rival of sort with Dontnod. Some competition might push both developer's creativity and quality.

• I missed the bigfoot feet and the moons the first time, teaches you to angle right and look everywhere. lmao

The last two photos were interesting. I missed them on my first playthrough. I like how you need to angle yourself for the shot. Dontnod is teaching me photography with this game. lol

• edited July 2015

Does anyone know what Jefferson's motives are? Like why did he kill Rachel, but not Kate? And why does he want to take pictures of the girls?

• I think he killed Rachel because the effects of the drug wore off. Max comments that she looked furious in one of the pictures. Jefferson killed her because she knew too much. He plans on doing the same thing to Max.

• Well, we can only speculate at this point. In Ep 2 Jefferson says something like "Kate was nothing like Rachel", maybe Kate was deemed not worthy of killing for some reason.

• Never trust main stream reviewers. IGN, Gameinformer, etc, are all giving the game 6's yet when you go to their comment section people are absolutely livid saying the episode is awesome. I honestly don't get how anyone could hate this episode, but then again Mitch Dyer did the episode 4 review for IGN so that explains their score (Dyer is one of the worst reviewers I have ever seen.)

• Rachel knew too much, Kate couldn't remember a single thing because she was either out the entire time or she was too drugged to remember. Rachel was awake for a lot of them and knew who did what...as does Max.

• Reviewers suck most of the time.

Never trust main stream reviewers. IGN, Gameinformer, etc, are all giving the game 6's yet when you go to their comment section people are a

edited July 2015
  • Fun fact: some people did not take the ending well at all, and went to the Life is Strange Wikia just to add in "new details" about Jefferson for what he did.

It's been edited multiple times now. At one point his age said, "Who cares? He's not living for long".

• That wasn't even the worst of it.

• Man that episode was AMAZING!!! Saw the Jefferson thing coming, actually my sister did, but I agreed.

• Uh oh. That probably means he's going to try to kill Max.

MichaelBP posted: »

I think he killed Rachel because the effects of the drug wore off. Max comments that she looked furious in one of the pictures. Jefferson killed her because she knew too much. He plans on doing the same thing to Max.

• Max is gonna have to get to that picture that Warren took and fast. She's in danger of being killed by him for knowing too much.

Rachel knew too much, Kate couldn't remember a single thing because she was either out the entire time or she was too drugged to remember. Rachel was awake for a lot of them and knew who did what...as does Max.

• Yes he will. Seems like Max's only hope is David, since he was also keeping an eye on Jefferson, should know of the barn and is packing heat.

Uh oh. That probably means he's going to try to kill Max.

• Alt text

Dear Chloe

• This is my idea. Let's see if it makes sense. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, at the end of Ep. 4, if I remember wisely, one of the two moons disappeared, meaning that things were going back to normal. Yeah, normal as in "before Max knew she had her powers".

Here is when my ideas get crazy. The "normal" timeline would be that Chloe dies of a gunshot (which happened exactly the same at the end of episode 4) by Nathan. Thus, maybe meaning that Max gets drugged and kidnapped anyhow in the true timeline.

Okay, so I continue. I do not know if you guys talked to Hayden, but he mentioned a drug that makes you not really know who is even in front of you. So what? Well, we do not have confirmation that Jefferson is the real "criminal" of episode 4 since Max was drugged, meaning that the true criminal is dubious (maybe it is Nathan, thus making the previous paragraph have some more sense). I don't know, let's see what you think.

In other news, remember how we took a selfie at the beginning of the season in Episode 1? Max can also go back in time to that episode as she did with the photo in Episode 3. That may be an important (and final) decision: let Chloe be killed by Nathan or suffer the consequences of the Season.

My ideas. What have you got to say?

• I am glad that Telltale has a rival of sort with Dontnod.

They don't.

Dontmod makes the game. I am glad that Telltale has a rival of sort with Dontnod. Some competition might push both developer's creativity and quality.

• edited July 2015

Does it affect the end of Chloe getting shot if you accepted her request for assisted suicide or not? In my game I accepted her request, so when she got shot the first thing I thought was "Oh shit, this is because I killed her before right?"

So is it the case or not? I imagine not because everyone's talking about Chloe dying but just in case.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.