Has Handsome Jack taken over Rhys completely?

At the end of episode 2, if you let Jack take over, Rhys' eye goes an orangey colour. His eye is also this colour in the cut-scenes when he and Fiona are telling the story. Do you think Jack has finally taken over Rhys' system?

Comments

• I could see it, but don't you think Rhys would act more like Jack if he had been completely taken over? Like how Jack was if/when he took over Rhys again - slapping Sasha's backside and calling Fiona "sweetie" and acting like all around jerk? I think Jack may have had a bit of an influence on him, though. :P

• No, if he did, then how could Jack be telling the Stranger stuff that happened to Rhys before Jack was installed.

• +1 logic.

No, if he did, then how could Jack be telling the Stranger stuff that happened to Rhys before Jack was installed.

• Because he's in Rhys' brain which is where most people keep their memories of past events?

No, if he did, then how could Jack be telling the Stranger stuff that happened to Rhys before Jack was installed.

• edited July 2015

Yeah, good point, but i wouldn't cross it out as impossible, i mean, this is Telltale we're talking about here! XD

I could see it, but don't you think Rhys would act more like Jack if he had been completely taken over? Like how Jack was if/when he took ov

• It's possible considering the Stranger hit Rhys in the head at the beginning of episode 1 and since he only said a few words before hand he could have easily been possessed by Jack at that point. Also, Fiona punches Rhys in the neck which is interesting.

• I would say joint custody, could be that Rhys personality blends with Jack's personality now.
    Maybe depending on your choices at the end of the game, if they decided to do that thing.
    One choice leading to Rhys having full control, letting Jack out when he needs to.
    Or one choice leading to Jack being full control of Rhys, we will find out soon.
    I love this series.

• edited July 2015

This is a very common theory here, and one thing foils it; when/if Rhys was being fully controlled by Jack in episode 3, his eye stays blue. However, whenever Jack makes modifications to Rhys' cybernetics in the desert scene and at the Galatarium, THAT'S when the eye turns yellow.

If I had to guess, Handsome Jack either left some lasting modifications on the eye, or Rhys bought himself a new one to match his wealthy attire and shiny chrome arm.

• There is absolutely no way Jack is in control. I really cant see him holding back when Fiona spat on him/punched him. His fragile pride wouldn't allow for that. Plus Rhys is still....Rhys; a dork. Unless Jack's spent a long, long time stuck in Rhys head I cant see him perfecting Rhys personality and mannerisms that well.

I can lean toward the theory that Jack and Rhys subconscious's are intertwining, creating a 'Handsome Rhys' if you will.

• I think it's possible. I used to think it was not possible because Rhys calls himself a bad guy at the beginning of Ep 1 and specifically calls Handsome Jack "the baddest guy of 'em all." And I thought that Jack would never, ever say stuff like that about himself. But after the caravan rooftop scene, I think Jack actually might say stuff like that about himself.

AND, I just had a thought. On the caravan roof, Jack says he wishes he had worked with the vault hunters instead of trying to kill them, as if he's forgotten that the only thing he was working toward was killing the vault hunters and all the other dangerous things on Pandora. And this just seemed like an inconsistency to me. BUT. What if Jack is actually forgetting stuff about who he used to be? What if, in the next episode, his memories start being replaced with Rhys's memories, until finally, Jack actually thinks he IS Rhys? And he's controlling Rhys's body even though he's not really Rhys, and Rhys is still there on the inside but he's too weak to come out?

Wow.

I doubt that's actually the case, but it would be pretty weird and thought-provoking if it was. =)

• Exactly!

Woofgirl99 posted: »

Yeah, good point, but i wouldn't cross it out as impossible, i mean, this is Telltale we're talking about here! XD

• No he didnt. Its clearly Rhys talking when they are kidnapped by the stranger, Not Jack. And i dont see why Jack would take over him completely anyways.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.