Jack the Hypocrite

Did anyone else notices Jack very hypocritical line in episode 3?

In episode 2:

Alt text

He says he cant let get Rhys killed because if Rhys get killed, so will he.

But here comes episode 3

Alt text

Cmon give me a break, he could've taken control over the rocket launcher Vallory is holding and cause havoc but nope!!

Comments

• Well, hypocrisy was also a trait that the real Jack as well, so it makes total sense that the AI based on his mind would also be a hypocrite.

He kills millions of people and calls the VHs "Bandits" and "Murderers." He buys captives to do slag experiments on from actual bandits, who he claims to be trying to wipe out to bring order to Pandora. He freaks out when the VHs kill his daughter (At his daughter's request, because he had her pumped full of an alien substance for years in order to charge the Vault Key so he could murder the whole planet) and yet he also had one of his employee's children murdered because said employee doubted one of his decisions. This is a very "Jack" trait.

• I thought this was going to be about him seemingly having hair plugs despite ridiculing Vasquez over his:

Alt text

As @Rock114 points out, he's seriously the biggest hypocrite in the universe!

• There was an audio where he kinda-sorta explained why he didn't help this time. Officially, it's cause there was nothing to hack because there was nothing Hyperion (or Atlas) around so he was useless.

• Thank you for posting this. I knew I heard/read this somewhere, but couldn't find it again and was completely convinced I'd made it up!

DeityD posted: »

There was an audio where he kinda-sorta explained why he didn't help this time. Officially, it's cause there was nothing to hack because there was nothing Hyperion (or Atlas) around so he was useless.

• Here it is. :)

Thank you for posting this. I knew I heard/read this somewhere, but couldn't find it again and was completely convinced I'd made it up!

• While there is no doubt that Jack is indeed a hypocrite (although keep in mind his own words - 'Sure, it's a tough universe, but there's no excuse for being an asshole. Unless you're funny with it, then it's kinda totally fine.' by which logic, well, he's excused) I believe this particular case is not an example of his hypocrisy, just a plot requirement. There is no reason for Jack not to disable Vallory's guns at this point - he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by leaving things to Rhys. But if Jack could just take over any and all weaponry in the game... well, the game would be over now, yeah? Possess Rhys, make everyone on Pandora shoot themselves in the face with their own guns, go back to Helios, rule the universe, profit, etc.

He could have hacked Vasquez's pistol in the Atlas facility too, but eh, plot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thank you!

I wonder why they didn't keep it in - it clears up a lot of questions...

DeityD posted: »

Here it is.

• edited July 2015

Well, there are lots of unused files and most of them are interesting and awesome so idk. They probably just had to for some reason.

Though even without this particular audio it was the first thing that came to my mind after this scene - that Jack just can't hack it because it's not some high tech,mostly just Jakobs guns.

Thank you! I wonder why they didn't keep it in - it clears up a lot of questions...

• He couldn't do anything he was convinced Rhys was going to die so he hid in his brain in the hope that some part of it was salvagable and someone would download him out or something.

• He's hypocritical as fuck. Seriously. Even Nisha's not as bad.

If I had to list the amount of times he was a hypocrite, we'd be here all day.

• Well, there was unused audio of that scene of Him saying he couldn't hack the guns because they weren't Hyperion

• that'll probably be used in episode 4 then. Like the "identity" for the stranger was "unused" for episode 2 and used in episode 3.

Rhys will probably question Jack over it.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, there was unused audio of that scene of Him saying he couldn't hack the guns because they weren't Hyperion

• Eh, probs not, the Stranger cut lines with Fiona were a full scene, this was just one line of Jack saying something like, "Sorry Kiddo, those guns arnt Hyperion made."

stevean2 posted: »

that'll probably be used in episode 4 then. Like the "identity" for the stranger was "unused" for episode 2 and used in episode 3. Rhys will probably question Jack over it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.