Reasons why you like August

Title says it all.

(And yes, it IS August right now. August the 3rd where I live.)

Comments

• Why yes it is a lovely month.

• Something I love, is that despite the rules stating we can't make "appreciation threads" we do it anyway.

• OH SHIT. CRAP. WHAT DO I DO.

Something I love, is that despite the rules stating we can't make "appreciation threads" we do it anyway.

• Nothing, you've already failed. Accept your failure and do your best to make sure this thread becomes the best it can be, despite you being a failure.

LawmanZero posted: »

OH SHIT. CRAP. WHAT DO I DO.

• Nothing, accept your fate.

• It will end eventually, but...oh well, LET'S MAKE IT WORK!

Nothing, accept your fate.

• Don't worry about it, the rules just say they don't like it, this isn't ban worthy or anything.

Anyway, I like how August is love-striken.

It will end eventually, but...oh well, LET'S MAKE IT WORK!

• this isn't ban worthy or anything.

I disagree, I think anyone who makes one of these should get a 15 year ban

Don't worry about it, the rules just say they don't like it, this isn't ban worthy or anything. Anyway, I like how August is love-striken.

• Now that you mention it.

Green613 posted: »

this isn't ban worthy or anything. I disagree, I think anyone who makes one of these should get a 15 year ban

• I got banned from a forum for around 4 months for saying "Hell."

this isn't ban worthy or anything. I disagree, I think anyone who makes one of these should get a 15 year ban

• Personally, I like him for the following reasons:

• Polite (to most people.)
    • Constantly chooses taking prisoners over killing people.
    • Is a lot smarter and considerably more sympathetic than Vasquez.
    • Has standards: Clearly doesn't like it when his mom knifes people.
    • Was actually torn up about the con. Which was rather odd, but nice.
    • Saved Zer0's ass indirectly.
  • Minecraft forums?

I got banned from a forum for around 4 months for saying "Hell."

• World of MMO Forums. Toontown Rewritten section.

Minecraft forums?

• Oh, I once got banned from Club Penguin for sayin-

nvm

i probably shouldnt say that here

World of MMO Forums. Toontown Rewritten section.

• Who doesn't like it, the mods?

Don't worry about it, the rules just say they don't like it, this isn't ban worthy or anything. Anyway, I like how August is love-striken.

• August is actually a reallly cool guy, I like him. I fail to understand why people hate him, as August says "Come on don't be like that, you're the one that hustled me remember?"

• Zer0 didnt need his help though

Personally, I like him for the following reasons: * Polite (to most people.) * Constantly chooses taking prisoners over killing people

• Yeah.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Who doesn't like it, the mods?

• Are they not allowed or do they just dislike them?

Yeah.

• In the rules it says it's discouraged.

Are they not allowed or do they just dislike them?

• I really like August too. I sincerely hope he and Sasha are able to get back together, they're just so cute together. I stubbornly believe Sasha felt SOMETHING for August, when she tried insisting to Rhys he was just a mark. It felt like she wanted to say something else about August. Here's hoping they can overcome their difficulties. August is a great guy for the most part, I hope he doesn't die.

• I actually think that the thing that will end up redeeming him is his mommy issues.

He clearly doesn't like his mom, and he actually undercut her on the deal so he could one-up her. So, say, in the next episode, he bonds with Rhys and Vaughn as they travel through Helios, and at the end, once Vallory decides that they both need to be killed, August will refuse. Of course, Vallory will get mad, both will get angry, and this will end with August telling the group to get behind him, and Vallory's goons aiming their guns at Rhys and the gang.

fayescarlet posted: »

I really like August too. I sincerely hope he and Sasha are able to get back together, they're just so cute together. I stubbornly believe S

• Yeah, but still, it's a nice touch.

zeke10 posted: »

Zer0 didnt need his help though

• AUSTIN POWERS REFERENCES FOR THE WIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSI1QsIo8g

• August is a strong Leo, I'd say his mom named him after the month he was born, rather than after anything else (kidding of course).

His character is still pretty underdeveloped (for now) and I can see TT pushing more on the choices you made toward if August and Sasha's relationship in episode 2, and how Rhys talked about it with Sasha in episode three. He could be really interesting, he just needs some time on screen without having to point a gun at us/Rhys and Fiona.

• Green, you damn cocktease. Say it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmIxNUq4UJE

Oh, I once got banned from Club Penguin for sayin- nvm i probably shouldnt say that here

• Indeed, he is quite a strong one.

And yes, letting him talk more instead of shooting things would be a gift.

Dapnee posted: »

August is a strong Leo, I'd say his mom named him after the month he was born, rather than after anything else (kidding of course). His c

• August is genuinely one of my favourite characters (especially of the TT originals).

It was the conversation we had with him at the end of episode 2 that really solidified that for me.

I was just like:

Alt text

But there was something just so endearing and fascinating about his willingness to forgive both Fiona and Sasha and his ability to rationalise their actions.

He somehow came across as both reasonable and batshit insane.

I love(ed) Vasquez as a villain, but he was fairly one dimensional - August is multifaceted and really well written - he's not just a walking punchline.

• edited August 2015

Well, despite that I personaly like him for now I see why his anger outbursts can be an issue for people (cause it is an issue). I mean, when he's blinded by rage he can kill anyone (doesn't mean he won't regret it later, but it won't help anyone), let's be honest. He tried to kill both Sasha (arguably, repeatedly - though Sasha herself seems to believe he wasn't going to pull the trigger the second time and it looked like they were just arguing about the con and Sasha's betrayal) and Fiona and though they had it coming but still. Add to that his "trust issues" and it will be one freaking dangerous person.

But with that I appretiate his intelligence and I must admit it was touching that despite what Sasha's done to him he still couldn't get over her. (but again, for some people it can be an issue cause if you don't like him in general that could be seen as creepy)

August is actually a reallly cool guy, I like him. I fail to understand why people hate him, as August says "Come on don't be like that, you're the one that hustled me remember?"

• I liked August, he seem like a psycho but with brains. Also felt bad for him with the Shasha thing.

• But there was something just so endearing and fascinating about his willingness to forgive both Fiona and Sasha and his ability to rationalise their actions.

Seems like dude's really desperate and needs some love.

August is genuinely one of my favourite characters (especially of the TT originals). It was the conversation we had with him at the end o

• That... That's kinda sad.

DeityD posted: »

But there was something just so endearing and fascinating about his willingness to forgive both Fiona and Sasha and his ability to rationalise their actions. Seems like dude's really desperate and needs some love.

• His relationship with his mother may be MUCH worse than we thought, then.

Much, much, worse.

That... That's kinda sad.

• I really like August, I hope he betrays his mum and comes over to our side :)

• I thought we are talking about the current month. :P

In seriousness, I actually like August. He is polite for a bandit and he seems nice if you aren't his enemy.

• i hope he's not the stranger......okay....forget what I just said

Alt text

• Well, you can change the name to "Why do we love August"

• The politeness bit is the most important for me. From all the months I've spent on BL2, none of the bandits are polite to you, and almost none of your enemies, except Nisha.

I thought we are talking about the current month. :P In seriousness, I actually like August. He is polite for a bandit and he seems nice if you aren't his enemy.

• edited August 2015

Done! (Sorta.)

Pipas posted: »

Well, you can change the name to "Why do we love August"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.