Game of thrones doesn't work

1235»

Comments

• Played the first two episodes fine, then started 3 and there are missing heads with just eyeballs and the game crashes before the intro begins.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We are currently working on a potential solution. Please make sure to keep an eye out on the Discussion Thread I've linked above for the latest updates.

@LegendBenji We are currently investigating the PS3 black screen issue and hope to have more information on a resolution in the near future.

My apologies, it sounds like you may have received an incomplete or corrupted download file of Episode 3. I recommend try uninstalling the episode from the in-game Episodes menu. You can do so by opening the Episodes menu, then clicking on Episode 3. When it asks you to Uninstall, click OK, and it will clear the episode from the game. Then that menu should update, and you can then click Episode 3 when it says 'Purchased but not Downloaded', and it will begin downloading.

Played the first two episodes fine, then started 3 and there are missing heads with just eyeballs and the game crashes before the intro begins.

• Having issues on startup as well. Finished ep1 yesterday without issues. Today it crashes to desktop. After the updating choices the screen fades to black. Sometimes I get a brief glimpse of a cutscene.

Link to diagnostics file:
    https://fs07n1.sendspace.com/dl/35027e65959a6219209aa6e0717e008a/55b2748934bc96fc/axyzvb/GOT_support_data_pc.zip

BTW: Not a good thing that we need to post a file containing private diagnostics data on a forum :-(. You should set up a service to have the tool upload data directly. The filesize is small. so there should be no problem setting up something at your end.

My apologies, unfortunately it appears that you have copied the incorrect link. The download link should look something like this:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/abc123

If the game is currently crashing for you, please find below a few potential solutions to resolve your issue without having to repost your Support Tool link:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game’s icon, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

9) Disable Steam Overlay, if you purchased through Steam (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3168263)

10) Opt out of the Steam Beta, if you purchased through Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828934424165581080/)

If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue, please then reply with the download link to your support tool.

GrandOldMan posted: »

Having issues on startup as well. Finished ep1 yesterday without issues. Today it crashes to desktop. After the updating choices the screen

• Where is the episodes menu? Do you mean in the beginning menu? I don't see any options to uninstall, it just says begin episode 3.

My apologies, it sounds like you may have received an incomplete or corrupted download file of Episode 3. I recommend try uninstalling the e

• Hi Mike.
    Here is a new link:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ve3yw9

R

My apologies, unfortunately it appears that you have copied the incorrect link. The download link should look something like this: https:

• Deleting the savegame folder I have on C:\Users\\Documents\telltale games\Game of Thrones atleast makes me able to start the game. But losing the progress from ep1 is not an option for me.

Hi Mike. Here is a new link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ve3yw9 R

• Any news on the PS3 black screen problem?

Apologies for my confusion, if you are currently playing the Steam version of the game, you will not have an Episodes menu and be able to uninstall the episodes. You will need to try fully uninstalling the game from your computer (please note that this will not harm you save files) and reinstall the game from within your Steam Library. (You can uninstall the game from Steam by right-clicking Game of Thrones from inside your Steam Library then click 'Delete Local Content' from the list. Then after it has uninstalled, click 'Install' inside the game's page to reinstall the game, and you will re-download Episode 3.

Where is the episodes menu? Do you mean in the beginning menu? I don't see any options to uninstall, it just says begin episode 3.

• I have the same problem =(

Any news on the PS3 black screen problem?

edited July 2015

Yes, we believe to have found a potential solution for the PS3 black screen issue, and I hope to have more information or an update soon. At this time we are asking that you do NOT delete your save files.Please make sure to keep an eye on This Discussion Thread, as I will post the update there first!

Any news on the PS3 black screen problem?

• Mike, I sent you a new link for the diagnostics.

Deleting the savegame folder I have on C:\Users\\Documents\telltale games\Game of Thrones atleast makes me able to start the game. But losing the progress from ep1 is not an option for me.

After looking over your Support Tool information, I noticed that the game, and Steam, are both installed to your D:\ drive, while your save file directory is located on your C:\ drive. I recommend try either installing an instance of Steam on your C:\ drive, then reinstalling the game on your C:\ drive, or moving your save file directory to your D:\ drive and see if the game is able to read your saves from there.

(Your save file directory is the 'Game of Thrones' folder inside C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\
    Please move that whole folder over to your D:\ drive and set up the same file structure as above, on your D:\ drive)

Mike, I sent you a new link for the diagnostics.

• edited July 2015

I move the Game Of Thrones folder to D:\users\\Documents\telltale games. But that only made a new Game Of Thrones folder in the old C:\users\\Documents\telltale games. So the game never tries to access the folder on the D:\ drive as I was expecting.

I have plenty of other Telltale games installed on my D:\ drive, so I'm pretty sure the path of the savegame is not the problem here. They all use the C:\users\\Documents\telltale games for saves.

Since I already have a "fresh" save game folder (created on first start), I assume I can copy some of the files from my corrupted save game folder over to the one with fresh files? So please tell me which files need to copy. I notice that there are savegames, choice files and even cloud_save_choices.mft.

After looking over your Support Tool information, I noticed that the game, and Steam, are both installed to your \ drive, while your save fi

My apologies, unfortunately the files in your save directory cannot be separated, or you would run the risk of corrupting the save files. If your save files are not able to be read on the D:\ drive, I would then recommend try installing the game to your C:\ drive, and see if you are then able to start the game successfully. (Please make sure that your save file folder is placed back in the original file directory)

I move the Game Of Thrones folder to \users\\Documents\telltale games. But that only made a new Game Of Thrones folder in the old C:\users\\

• I don't want to install any games on my C:\ drive since it's a SSD drive. Like I've written earlier, I'm able to start the game if I remove the save game folder. Then a new folder is created, but ofcourse my saves and choices are gone.

I tried to copy the 10 files starting with _saveslot1 from my old folder to the newly created folder. Than I got the savegame up. But I need to know if I should copy any more files, to get all my choices from episode 1? For instance, do I need the file choice.prop? cloud_save_choices.mft?

My apologies, unfortunately the files in your save directory cannot be separated, or you would run the risk of corrupting the save files. If

You will need to move all of the files from the 'Game of Thrones' folder to the newly created folder, as the removal of one of your save directory files can run the risk of corrupting your saves. Can you please clarify what you mean by 'newly created folder'? Is this folder located on your C:\ drive or your D:\ drive?

I don't want to install any games on my C:\ drive since it's a SSD drive. Like I've written earlier, I'm able to start the game if I remove

• When I get to the main menu screen on my PC I can see the faces of the characters and hear the music, however there are no options for me to choose to start playing the game. It was working fine before and I had no problems with this game til recently

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6jmk3l

• By "newly created folder" I mean the save game folder that GOT creates if the folder doesn't already exist (when the game is run for the first time for instance).

Moving all the files from the folder containing saves from ep1 over to the new folder is not working. That is the same as just keeping the folder with the saves that doesn't work.

You will need to move all of the files from the 'Game of Thrones' folder to the newly created folder, as the removal of one of your save dir

Unfortunately as the files in your save file directory cannot be separated, and copying all of the files over did not resolve your issue, they may have become corrupted. I would then have to recommend starting a new game. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

By "newly created folder" I mean the save game folder that GOT creates if the folder doesn't already exist (when the game is run for the fir

• Thanks for the help Mike.

Unfortunately as the files in your save file directory cannot be separated, and copying all of the files over did not resolve your issue, th

This discussion has been closed.