Gameinformer review EP3

Can link it due too being on an app but the guy gave ep3 a 5.5 (sigh)

Comments

• I love game informer, but jesus fucking christ whoever is reviewing Tales has no idea what the fuck they are talking about!

• lol so true

I love game informer, but jesus fucking christ whoever is reviewing Tales has no idea what the fuck they are talking about!

• I checked the website and couldn't find any review for episode 3, and my subscription for game informer just ran out so I guess I'll take your word for it.

zeke10 posted: »

lol so true

• i googled it try searching TFTB ep3 gameinformer review.

I checked the website and couldn't find any review for episode 3, and my subscription for game informer just ran out so I guess I'll take your word for it.

• Just read it, no idea what to make of it. He isn't really that wrong, it's just to him, what I think the episode had was great character interactions, character arcs being set up, progression, etc, he seems to think the series is going nowhere and that all the characters arcs are stupid to him.

• Thx for the help m8

For those who want to read it, here's the review - http://www.gameinformer.com/games/tales_from_the_borderlands_episode_3_-_catch_a_ride/b/pc/archive/2015/07/29/game-informer-review-tales-from-the-borderlands-3-catch-a-ride.aspx

• Too me it seems like the guy just doesn't like Telltale's formula of storytelling. I mean that's fine, but it kinda sucks they got a guy to review a game style he most likely hates.

silvereye27 posted: »

Just read it, no idea what to make of it. He isn't really that wrong, it's just to him, what I think the episode had was great character int

• pretty much this.

Too me it seems like the guy just doesn't like Telltale's formula of storytelling. I mean that's fine, but it kinda sucks they got a guy to review a game style he most likely hates.

• That review isn't too bad, and it's not like the score is terrible. I think people these days can get too fixated with the number score and anything lower than a 9 is unacceptable.

I agree with some of the points the review raised. Particularly the dig at the 'romance' between Sasha/Rhys, the pointless environmental 'interactions' that has your character silently staring like a goof at a plant/wall/whatever, and the way Fiona's character is a little all over the place. TFTB is my favourite telltale game at the moment, but that doesn't mean I'm blind to its flaws.

Sadly it seems the reviewer doesn't fully get this games sense of (amazing) humor and wants to nosedive right into the plot instead.

• They were correct in that review ep 3 WAS a fuckin JOKE.

• No that ep sucked horse balls WAY to many problems and so was ep 5 of game of thrones. They have toooooo many games in development.

Too me it seems like the guy just doesn't like Telltale's formula of storytelling. I mean that's fine, but it kinda sucks they got a guy to review a game style he most likely hates.

• Haha please don't make me laugh.

silvereye27 posted: »

Just read it, no idea what to make of it. He isn't really that wrong, it's just to him, what I think the episode had was great character int

• K. Your opinion btw

They were correct in that review ep 3 WAS a fuckin JOKE.

• I was going to respond seriously to your comment but I looked at how hateful you are towards many Telltale Games, so I'll respond with this:

enter image description here

No that ep sucked horse balls WAY to many problems and so was ep 5 of game of thrones. They have toooooo many games in development.

• Its an harmless opinion that I respectfully disagree with.

• i give the review an inconsequential/10

i get the feeling the reviewer hasn't come to terms with the realities of what is actually practically possible given the time and budget of a telltale game, and wants a game with 100 different game paths, all completely different, and they are just hung up on that so therefore can't appreciate the game for what it actually is, and not what they want.

if they weren't a reviewer they would be a youtube commenter saying "make decisions that actually matter, telltale sux"

• I totaly disagree with this review. Im just glad the world have billions of people and most of them agree with me on this one. episode 3 was great, just like episode 2 and episode 1. 9-10 is my rate to ep 3.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.