Reasons why you like August

Comments

• edited August 2015

personally i dont care for him.. i dont think he have that special thing to make me love him.. borderlands is filled with characters that are all equally memorable, telltale did such an amazing job with the characters they created, but august was not '' IT '' for me.. hell, even krogger and finch were more memorable for me (ILOVETHEM)..............august is just... there.

BUTTTTTT we have 2 episodes left, so i wont judge him just yet. plus its just my personal opinion, i'm sure few love him. :) but for me, he did not make an impression just yet. i'll wait and see!

• Telltale's always got a surprise waiting here and there.

Mercyva posted: »

personally i dont care for him.. i dont think he have that special thing to make me love him.. borderlands is filled with characters that ar

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

Reasons why you like August

His voice.

• He actually sounds like Scout sometimes.

Except less annoying.

Cope49 posted: »

Reasons why you like August His voice.

• edited August 2015

Nothing to see here, move along...

sSOPHOo posted: »

i hope he's not the stranger......okay....forget what I just said

• Scout?

Annoying?

enter link description here

LawmanZero posted: »

He actually sounds like Scout sometimes. Except less annoying.

• enter image description here

If you guess right TellTale will delay the ep for a month due to the ep needing some "extra love" . Or kill him off at the beginning .

sSOPHOo posted: »

i hope he's not the stranger......okay....forget what I just said

• It all depends on which team you're on, and who's dominating you.

Scout? Annoying? enter link description here

• Dangit.

If you guess right TellTale will delay the ep for a month due to the ep needing some "extra love" . Or kill him off at the beginning .

• i would "like" him to die, if that counts

• edited August 2015

Yeah, especially since he has a hard time trusting people - that's just not okay.

That... That's kinda sad.

• He would have been more interesting if he sounded like Nathan Drake or Desmond Miles because he doesn't sound like them.

• enter image description here

AronDracula posted: »

He would have been more interesting if he sounded like Nathan Drake or Desmond Miles because he doesn't sound like them.

• Is... Is August turning into another cinnamon roll?

Because I'm all of a sudden feeling very protective of him and I just want him and Vaughn and Dumpy to ride off into the sunset together and everything to be okay for them. :3

DeityD posted: »

Yeah, especially since he has a hard time trusting people - that's just not okay.

• The cinnamon roll trio rides to Cinnamon Roll-land on Vasquez's corpse, the one thing they all hated.

Afterall, his chest cavity would make a nice home for Dumpy.

Is... Is August turning into another cinnamon roll? Because I'm all of a sudden feeling very protective of him and I just want him and Vaughn and Dumpy to ride off into the sunset together and everything to be okay for them.

• He's voiced by Nolan "caress your mom with my voice" North. why else?

• This cinnamon roll might be a little spicy tho but... yeah I think so. I mean, all the things we've all said here plus another tiny bit - he kinda tried to... well,for lack of a better word, protect Vasquez (he spoke to Vallory first and tried to tell Hugo to calm down/stfu in order not to anger her and provoke) to boot. If nothing else, he has potential. I hope it won't just go down the drain.

Is... Is August turning into another cinnamon roll? Because I'm all of a sudden feeling very protective of him and I just want him and Vaughn and Dumpy to ride off into the sunset together and everything to be okay for them.

• I agree Nolan is is one of my favorite voice actors.

Miny77 posted: »

He's voiced by Nolan "caress your mom with my voice" North. why else?

• Same here.

And if he dies, make it dignified.

DeityD posted: »

This cinnamon roll might be a little spicy tho but... yeah I think so. I mean, all the things we've all said here plus another tiny bit - he

• I love August! He's a pretty okay dude, as far as Pandorans go. I mean, he's still totally crazy, but not as crazy and trigger happy as most other bandits. He's funny, smart, pretty damn attractive, and voiced by Nolan North! What's not to like?

August is definitely one character I hope survives the season and winds up appearing in BL3.

enter image description here enter image description here

• edited August 2015

It's bad, but if he dies I kind of want him to die a hero's death, potentially saving Sasha + the gang.

It'd be fitting given one of the Tales' main messages is:

"PANDORANS: THEY'RE JUST LIKE YOU!"

(And by that I mean, "hey, look, these folks aren't all bandit and psycho cannon fodder - they have hopes, aspirations and morals! They're not so bad, for... for Pandorans... Y'know...")

Same here. And if he dies, make it dignified.

• edited August 2015

i guessed the traitor in game of thrones, nothing happened xD

• August makes me super duper mad. I want him to have really bad diarrhea and have to sit out the rest of the season.

• We all guessed right on that and hoped that TellTale wouldn't take that route. So very disappointed .

AstroZombie posted: »

i guessed the traitor in game of thrones, nothing happened xD

• Whatever floats your boat.

Piggs posted: »

August makes me super duper mad. I want him to have really bad diarrhea and have to sit out the rest of the season.

• If he does, it must be a tragic yet awesome one. WIN-WIN!

i would "like" him to die, if that counts

• Pleasant weather.

dojo32161 posted: »

Why yes it is a lovely month.

• I like him because he's funny as hell. He's pretty clueless but not clueless enough to make him a silly character, resulting in lots of hilarious dialogue without utterly removing him as a threat to the "good guys". Also, he's hilariously screwed up on the inside and I hope we get to explore that a bit in the next episode. Just so long as it doesn't interfere with Sasha's and Rhys' budding chemistry.

• edited August 2015

Or have him die in a horrific, tearjerking way, saving his friends. Like, he's covered in blood, he should be dead by now, the gang is choking up, but he goes out with a smile anyway, because he just wiped out an army of Hyperion soldiers/killed his mom and her battalion of gangsters/destroyed that powerful loader that would have killed Loader Bot and Gortys.

Like how Arnie went out in Terminator 2. It was awesome. And sad. Perfect.

It's bad, but if he dies I kind of want him to die a hero's death, potentially saving Sasha + the gang. It'd be fitting given one of the

• That's my line >:3

Nothing to see here, move along...

• I don't know. August, he's one of those characters I'm neutral on, he's a cool guy I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Reasons why you like August

Because it comes right after July.

• edited August 2015

Nah, August is too mean, he never apologizes for any "mean" thing that he does, he's very rude to Rhys, he tries to kill Sasha and Fiona, he's rude to his own mom, he kills a guy right in front of two ladies, he swindles his mom's money. He's an awful person and I shouldn't like him at all.

But I do actually like him though.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

Because the next episode of TFTB is coming out that month.

• Eh, I kinda have a weird feeling he will become a "good" guy.

• The voice acting mainly. Nolan North is just awesome when he is put into a decent role. August, himself, seems like a cool dude with anger issues. That makes for an interesting chracter.

• Love your profile pic haha

'Don't worry, Max! Pros like us never miss their...!'

BANG!

'...Mark'

YEEAAAH!

dojo32161 posted: »

Because the next episode of TFTB is coming out that month.

• ...That's weird.

J-Master posted: »

Nah, August is too mean, he never apologizes for any "mean" thing that he does, he's very rude to Rhys, he tries to kill Sasha and Fiona, he

• And cool at the same time. :D

...That's weird.

• If we do see him actually fight, it might be somewhat like Brick or Sal or Krieg, what with the anger and all.

DoubleJump posted: »

The voice acting mainly. Nolan North is just awesome when he is put into a decent role. August, himself, seems like a cool dude with anger issues. That makes for an interesting chracter.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.