If theres a Borderlands 3. Will your choices in TFTB count towards it?

I hope that Borderlands 3 will happen, but ill be very disapointed if our choices dont add anything to Borderlands 3.

Comments

• edited July 2015

BL3 is definitely happening! They confirmed earlier this year that they were hiring new employees to start development on it. So it's coming, just not anytime soon. :D

That would certainly be awesome if they incorporated choices from Tales into the game. And then anyone who hasn't played Tales could just have randomized choices. If they do this, I doubt it would have a huge effect on the overall story, but even some changes with side characters/missions would be cool.

• I highly doubt. I think everyone will get the same outcomes in the end..

• I doubt that your choices will matter but I do think that Tales will have a role in Borderlands 3 somehow. Most likely Rhys and Fiona are NPCs in it or something

• Doubt it, but it would be cool if there were sidequests we can get from Fiona or Rhys (assuming they're alive by the end of Tales) in BL3

• I doubt it, but hopefully it's at least mentioned. If Tales is ever acknowledged by BL3 it will probably be in a broad strokes fashion where they just mention the major things ("Oh, some people found this AI of Handsome Jack" or "Some people cracked open the Vault of the Traveler"). I'd like some TFTBL characters to be in it for sure as quest givers or NPCs and maybe make a comment or two about the stuff that happened in Tales.

• choices in TFTB count

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In all seriousness though I don't think this game will have too much influence over Borderlands 3, I'm pretty sure it leads into it (I don't know of that's been confirmed or not) but otherwise no. I imagine the ending will be the same for everyone whereas the all the choices we make leading up to the ending won't influence the series at all outside this game. I think the only thing from this game that will likely have over influence Borderlands 3 is Jack.

• They won't.

• edited August 2015

I kinda hope you can play as Fiona. But they would have to explain that she's suddenly a pro with a rocket launcher haha.

I doubt that your choices will matter but I do think that Tales will have a role in Borderlands 3 somehow. Most likely Rhys and Fiona are NPCs in it or something

• edited August 2015

Nope, unless you count getting references to tales as adding something.

• I was thinking that may be a possibility too, but there is a long way to go before she ends up like a Vault Hunter.

Healoz posted: »

I kinda hope you can play as Fiona. But they would have to explain that she's suddenly a pro with a rocket launcher haha.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.