TFTB Vs. Life Is Strange

13»

Comments

• Yeah someone should.

Here's the official Life is Strange forums. - http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=398

Piggs posted: »

You're not bound to get a lot of balanced responses here. Someone should find a Life is Strange forum and post this same thread, see what happens.

• Personally I don't mind the absence of puzzles in the recent Telltale games.

I don't have to deal with tedious puzzles like in Life is Strange. It's weird reading this because just months ago people were complaining about disliking Telltale games for not having enough puzzles.

• Me neither but I personally don't mind having them, especially in LiS.

Personally I don't mind the absence of puzzles in the recent Telltale games.

• All right but still, not the same thing imo.

Most likely they watched walkthrough's of the episodes.

• I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I like Life is Strange more. I agree completely with the overuse of dumb words like 'hella' and the writing is spotty at times but it has all been improving. The story in Life has had me way more invested than Tales ever could. I like Tales fine but while it is charming and funny, the only thing I really care about is the possibility of Rhys and Sasha getting together. Life has had me on the verge of tears several times and I feel much more attached to the characters and what's going on in the world.

• Tbf the responses here are more balanced than I thought.

Piggs posted: »

You're not bound to get a lot of balanced responses here. Someone should find a Life is Strange forum and post this same thread, see what happens.

• edited August 2015

Can we not like both? I get that this is kinda the point of the thread, but really. xD LiS definitely better for choices and less illusions unlike Tales which basically ends up the same. Although Tales compared to Telltale's other work is the most branching story, imo. LiS also is better gameplay wise with the time travelling and puzzle-ish situations, while Tales just has QTE's and dialogue options. Speaking of dialogue options, holy moly LiS has cringy dialogue but I think that's become part of its charm haha. Though that doesn't change the fact that Tales is just better in that department. But dammit Telltale, you so stuttery. LiS runs so much better and as much as I freaking love the borderlands art-style I think I might prefer LiS...? I'm a bit indecisive with that one.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. Agree? :3

• There's gonna be a season 2? LIS is divided in Seasons? I dunno, the plot doesn't seem to encourage any sequels.

That's a really risky move that I can't say that they completely accomplished. I mean I care about Kate, Warren, and Chloe was surprisingly

• A 2nd season is confirmed, but the devs said they want to have an entirely new cast.

There's gonna be a season 2? LIS is divided in Seasons? I dunno, the plot doesn't seem to encourage any sequels.

• everything in life is strange is better than tales for me. i like tales it's amazing, i agree with you

Healoz posted: »

Can we not like both? I get that this is kinda the point of the thread, but really. xD LiS definitely better for choices and less illusions

• That makes sense, good to know.

A 2nd season is confirmed, but the devs said they want to have an entirely new cast.

• Aye!

javoris767 posted: »

TFTBL is simply amazing. Top favorite episodic series.

• edited August 2015

TFTBL > Everythang.

Except TWD S1

• I nearly fell asleep playing Life is Strange.

I laughed my arse off playing TFTBL.

Clearly LiS wins.

• Except TWD S1

• Including TWD S1.

Fixed it for you.

darkfoxTM posted: »

TFTBL > Everythang. Except TWD S1

• TFTBL > Everythang.

E̶̶̶x̶̶̶c̶̶̶e̶̶̶p̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶T̶̶̶W̶̶̶D̶̶̶ ̶̶̶S̶̶̶1̶̶̶

• ye boi

Aye!

• Opinion m8.

Green613 posted: »

TFTBL > Everythang. E̶̶̶x̶̶̶c̶̶̶e̶̶̶p̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶T̶̶̶W̶̶̶D̶̶̶ ̶̶̶S̶̶̶1̶̶̶

• edited August 2015

It's actually: Everything else Telltale > TFTB > LiS

It's ok m8 we all make mistakes

• It's actually: TFTB > Most things Telltale > LiS > GOT

It's ok m8 we all make mistakes

It's actually: Everything else Telltale > TFTB > LiS It's ok m8 we all make mistakes

• Tales From the Borderlands.

Life is Strange- Yeah... I like it, it's just that it can get sorta boring at times.

• Yeah, it's better when you play it yourself. Connects you to the characters, you know what I mean?

Miklaus posted: »

All right but still, not the same thing imo.

• It's ok m8 we all make mistakes

Yea, you just made a big one. It's obviously GoT > Most things things Telltale > TFTB > LiS

dojo32161 posted: »

It's actually: TFTB > Most things Telltale > LiS > GOT It's ok m8 we all make mistakes

• Everything > GoT

It's ok m8 we all make mistakes Yea, you just made a big one. It's obviously GoT > Most things things Telltale > TFTB > LiS

• edited August 2015

Tales From the Borderlands for me.

I think the storytelling is better and it's just all around more interesting to me. I do like LiS, but I find it to be very slow at times, too angst-ridden, and sometimes it just tries too hard to get some emotion out of you. I also prefer the characters in Tales from the Borderlands and find myself much more interested in them.

• For me it goes

Tales>TWD S1>Wolf>LiS>TWD S2>......>GoT

• the game is clearly not for you.

I nearly fell asleep playing Life is Strange. I laughed my arse off playing TFTBL. Clearly LiS wins.

• And thus, balance was restored to the universe

Everything > GoT

• Evidently.

the game is clearly not for you.

• edited August 2015

Nah bruh it's

TFTBL >><<><<<>>><><<>>>><<<><>>> fuck everything else b/c it doesnt matter

Everything > GoT

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

Wrong thread...

• Dude your arrow is pointing in the wrong direction. Smh simple keyboard skills

Everything > GoT

• TFTB is good, but I watched someone live stream episode 4 of Life is Dranks and to me it wasn't really that great. The writing was nonexistent, and the plot made little sense. The animation was pretty good minus the mouth movements. It's kind of inside joke with me and my friends who were Skyping with me while we watched Bro Team play it.

• I also have to add that I think that the dialogue in TFTB is much better written than the dialogue in LiS. TFTB's dialogue flows more naturally and for the most part it's pretty close to the way that people actually talk. A lot of LiS's dialogue feels awkward to me. There were so many times during LiS when I would just stop and think to myself "who the hell talks like that?"

• Every Telltale game>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis

Here. That makes sense :)

dojo32161 posted: »

It's actually: TFTB > Most things Telltale > LiS > GOT It's ok m8 we all make mistakes

• Which part of LiS you didn't like? (I assume you've played it).

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Every Telltale game>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis Here. That makes sense

• If you mean a scene that I hated, then it's when David was harassing Kate in episode 1.

Miklaus posted: »

Which part of LiS you didn't like? (I assume you've played it).

• Bad comparison.

But Tales is AWESOME! It's in the future, meaning better tech. Better story, (I don't really give a shit about Arcadia Bay.) cooler characters.

Sorry Life is Strange.

Oh, and the dialogue is much better in Tales, since I'm always thinking to Max "Why are you talking like that?"

• I prefer Borderlands, but honestly they don't make for a good comparison because the only similarity is that they're both episodic.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.