Why are people so angry?

Comments

• edited August 2015

There's not much to talk about? then talk about the Borderlands lore. Talk about the guns, Characters from past Borderlands games or at least talk about Borderlands 3.

Just like in Game of thrones section of the forums we talk about the Show aswell. So why not?

The lore in Borderlands is so deep you can talk about anything and Episode 6 will be out already.

DeityD posted: »

People are doing that. But like I said, there's not that much to talk about. You can go over and over about who's the Captor or what happene

• Direct that comment towards yourself . You've been nothing but insulting sense you log on . And what's worst you have backers to thumb you up so you can continue on . Namely Green613@ ,Rhonu@ and other nameless members from your shipper thread . And please hurry back to your shrine . I'v gave opinion on it. It's doesn't bother me if kept in its official thread.

Only when you stop replying or put up a smart point, that is not just insulting people for no reason, or be hypocritical.

• Probably because it was uninteresting and no one had anythig to say .-.

I've seen someone post something on a tales thread, and guess what happened? It went deep inside the ground where no one can see it except for these Shiny Rhysha or Rhyiona threads.

• Because most of tftb fandom are shippers? Also we take two spots on the main Out of 10 it went done cause people do not post there simple

I've seen someone post something on a tales thread, and guess what happened? It went deep inside the ground where no one can see it except for these Shiny Rhysha or Rhyiona threads.

• How are we forcing Telltale to make it happen? Rhyionas and Rhyshas are only expressing their love for their pairings and I have never seen any member of the Telltale staff being pestered to make it happen. I think you guys haven't been in any other fandoms in where people actually do things like that, there are people who send death threats to writers so they make their pairing canon. Those people are obsessed to an unhealthy degree. We are not like that.

Like something? more like Obsessed. The people I've seen in the Rhysha or Rhyiona forums are either crazy about this Shipping or are forcing Telltale to make it happen.

• I find it mindblowing that people can think that way...

• How we can force TT to do Anything? You overestemate us. Most we can do is suggest and plead that's all.

Like something? more like Obsessed. The people I've seen in the Rhysha or Rhyiona forums are either crazy about this Shipping or are forcing Telltale to make it happen.

• I know that OP was in no way attempting to be inflammatory, but I personally think threads like these are part of the problem.

I think that the two main/most popular ship's followers have been tremendously respectful to the rest of the users on this forum - and that the majority of that came from self governance after a very brief period of the forums being overrun with their views. They were the ones that stepped in, themselves, and called a truce/agreed that their posts should be kept to their respective threads.

That meant that if you had no interest in shipping all you had to do was ignore two threads on this forum - if you chose to click on them, that was your own problem.

Then smaller, less popular shipping threads started popping up - and while I agree that every shipper deserves a right/space to discuss their respective ship - not all of them were created legitimately and some were clearly crafted just to stir up drama.

Then the anti-shippers came in, and despite the fact that the majority of shipping talk was being kept separate from the main topic discussions and that said anti-shippers could easily avoid them, they started posting threads that weren't constructive and frankly were downright inflammatory (treating the Shippers like lesser-fans, infantile etc). On top of this, these new threads created a new space for the Shippers to post (and rightfully so because they deserved to be able to defend themselves), which served to make the forum genuinely seem like it was overrun with not just shipping, but vitriolic shippers (who were only acting that way because they had been provoked).

This thread has had the same affect, in that it has created yet another place for this argument to be played out (once again, though, I realise that this was definitely not OP's intention!)

If everyone stuck to the original plan and kept to their respective shipping threads (which once again, I stress, was put in place by the shippers as a courtesy to other forum users), and anti-shippers just didn't click on those threads, then maybe they wouldn't feel the need to post complaints and everybody could just go back to enjoying the game however they see fit.

I'm personally not a shipper, but I still think everyone has a right to post here and not be harassed/insulted based on their interests - ESPECIALLY if they are being courteous to other users.

Long story short:

enter image description here

• To quote Gryff Whitehill (ew)

"If I'm not happy no one can be happy!"

I find it mindblowing that people can think that way...

• Lack of reason? I have a reason, I don't like famous posts being Shipping. Have you even read what I said?

Leluch123 posted: »

Yup no point on dwelling on that, it's better to do your thing and ignore them

• or at least speculations about the next Episode

We do speculate about the next episode, but of course, you find our threads so "cancerous" you won't even bother reading them and then complain about their content.

How is there tons to talk about when you talk about TWO VIRTUAL CHARACTERS liking eachother? there is no point to this other than romance.

• "Non-shippers"

So basically you view us like peasants. gg

HazzatheMan posted: »

Non-shippers view us as extremists that are making a big deal over nothing. It happens. They think we're just weird for shipping in the first place :I

• I find it sad really, very sad

I find it mindblowing that people can think that way...

• So you want everyone to ship these Virtual characters? nice.

• Okay let's direct it at me, oh my it looks like I fill all of those requirements.

I don't care about the likes I'm just trying to make valid points.

Cope49 posted: »

Direct that comment towards yourself . You've been nothing but insulting sense you log on . And what's worst you have backers to thumb you

• Uh... What do you want us to call you...? Normal People™?

"Non-shippers" So basically you view us like peasants. gg

• I do read them, I just don't like it. My opinion.

rhonu posted: »

or at least speculations about the next Episode We do speculate about the next episode, but of course, you find our threads so "cancerous" you won't even bother reading them and then complain about their content.

• Haha, nice one, mate! :)

ABigBadWolf posted: »

To quote Gryff Whitehill (ew) "If I'm not happy no one can be happy!"

• Yes. Yes, I do.

So you want everyone to ship these Virtual characters? nice.

• Because they know that It's gonna get buried deep down into nothingness.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Either way I answer this, it's not my fault, or anyone else's fault, that people aren't theorizing about the game anymore...

• I like you, you see it how it should be! :D

I know that OP was in no way attempting to be inflammatory, but I personally think threads like these are part of the problem. I think th

• And why is that? What's the reason for dislinking it? Because what you wrote basically validates my statement. You dislike it for the disliking sake

Lack of reason? I have a reason, I don't like famous posts being Shipping. Have you even read what I said?

• I don't like famous posts being Shipping

Okay...? I don't like Game of Thrones, but do you see me going on the forums and saying people who like it are stupid and that it's dumb that there are so many threads about Game of Thrones? Because that's how it sounds.

Lack of reason? I have a reason, I don't like famous posts being Shipping. Have you even read what I said?

• My opinion

Oh why didn't you just say so my boy!

Move along guys it's just his opinion, let him insult our threads just because he thinks he should!

I do read them, I just don't like it. My opinion.

• Well you call us shippers so what am I meant to call you?

I'm not gonna call you normal cuz that would be disrespectful to everyone here...

And get over yourself, I don't view you as above me or beneath me. We're on the same level.

"Non-shippers" So basically you view us like peasants. gg

• What's with them being virtual? Do you want us to ship real people instead? lmao

So you want everyone to ship these Virtual characters? nice.

• You monster!!!!

Yes. Yes, I do.

• Kill me, Leluch!

I don't deserve to live...

You monster!!!!

• All hail our king!

I know that OP was in no way attempting to be inflammatory, but I personally think threads like these are part of the problem. I think th

• enter image description here

I've been to the thread . I agree . They are a bit obsessed .

• edited August 2015

Did I say YOU were obsessed? I'm talking about the Pyscho part of the Shipping community. I admit, the Shipping Community is nice but this Shipping is getting WAY out of hand.

I HAVE been to your forums, I HAD read the comments. But I just don't like it.

And I'm sorry about not answering your first question, I am a bit in a rush.

Yes, I do think they are keeping them from doing that. If I were someone that likes Tales for example, and I wanted to post something. But I already noticed that there is a Shipping thread that kept going for months. So he/she would already know that there is no point to post but he is going to do it anyway.

And then what's next? It's gone the next day he enter the forums. Maybe not the next day, maybe a few more days. But you got what I'm trying say here.

So first of all you dodged the question And second you have never been to our threads, if you did you know all of us only even talk about

• For gods sake, why don't you guys talk about the Lore or at least speculations about the next Episode.

We have.

If you haven't noticed though the episodes been out for 2 months.

How is there tons to talk about when you talk about TWO VIRTUAL CHARACTERS liking eachother? there is no point to this other than romance.

• You deserve to live. :)

Kill me, Leluch! I don't deserve to live...

• There is NO psycho part of our community, unless you can show me one.

Did I say YOU were obsessed? I'm talking about the Pyscho part of the Shipping community. I admit, the Shipping Community is nice but this S

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited August 2015

takes silver bullet load it into mangum

It was the last non- shipper you hurt Wolf!

shoot

I guess i Heard Wolf Cry

Kill me, Leluch! I don't deserve to live...

• What are you talking about? Surely wanting shipping is deserving of a death sentence!

You deserve to live.

• There is, you just don't see it. I've seen lots but most of them were Rhyiona fans.

There is NO psycho part of our community, unless you can show me one.

• Thank you... finally, sweet relief...

takes silver bullet load it into mangum It was the last non- shipper you hurt Wolf! shoot I guess i Heard Wolf Cry

• I don't thumbs up anyone.

Cope49 posted: »

Direct that comment towards yourself . You've been nothing but insulting sense you log on . And what's worst you have backers to thumb you

This discussion has been closed.