Why are people so angry?

Comments

• enter image description here

My opinion Oh why didn't you just say so my boy! Move along guys it's just his opinion, let him insult our threads just because he thinks he should!

• I'm sorry, I do regret making this thread. I didn't know we were going to fight. I just wanted to know why these people are angry and understand their views. :(

I know that OP was in no way attempting to be inflammatory, but I personally think threads like these are part of the problem. I think th

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited August 2015

Ok one down a lot to go need to find Green now....

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Thank you... finally, sweet relief...

• You couldn't have known.

I've asked a Mod to keep an eye on this thread in case it goes too sour...

rhonu posted: »

I'm sorry, I do regret making this thread. I didn't know we were going to fight. I just wanted to know why these people are angry and understand their views.

• @Green613

He might not be as willing as me, though.

Leluch123 posted: »

• No need to apologize. You have as much right to make a thread as anyone here on the forum. Don't be afraid to post something if you have something on mind. :)

I'm sorry, I do regret making this thread. I didn't know we were going to fight. I just wanted to know why these people are angry and understand their views.

• I'll think of something :)

ABigBadWolf posted: »

@Green613 He might not be as willing as me, though.

• Well, while you should have figured fighting would happen eventually (human nature yo) you did at least uncover some of their views.

Hell, I learned stuff. Bravissimo!

• edited August 2015

Jeez if you want to talk about something just make an interesting thread yourself.

There's not much to talk about? then talk about the Borderlands lore. Talk about the guns, Characters from past Borderlands games or at leas

• Ok one down a lot to go

enter image description here

Leluch123 posted: »

• edited August 2015

Talk about the guns

Yeah no thanks, it's like watching paint dry. Btw, that's what people on Gearbox forum do. And nothing else. Quite depressing.

Characters from past Borderlands games or at least talk about Borderlands 3.

Like that wasn't done to death. That's not to mention we had plenty of such topics. Once people are done with them they just disappear in the second page, that's all. And what are we suppose to discuss in BL3 topic? What we want to see there? Done. Again, we have zero actual info about the game. There's nothing to discuss yet.

Just like in Game of thrones section of the forums we talk about the Show aswell. So why not?

Um, pal, GOT has books, series and a game - that's a shitload of content, a shitload of characters. Plus, it's still an ongoing series. And you actually have something to talk about with Snow but most of TftB characters are still alive and well.

The lore in Borderlands is so deep you can talk about anything

It's not that deep. It's well made and has it's charm, but seriously. You can't discuss sirens because nobody knows who the heck are they. You can't discuss eridians because we know nothing about them. We can't discuss HJ and Angel because we know almost nothing about their past and what we do know is controversial. And it's been months and years since BL2 and TPS came out. Everybody already knows everything that we could possibly know. If you can't come up with an actual interesting thread that would be new to the fanbase you shouldn't point fingers. It is talking for the sake of talking kind of thing and hating on shippers just because they always have something to talk about without needing the new content to fuel them up.

There's not much to talk about? then talk about the Borderlands lore. Talk about the guns, Characters from past Borderlands games or at leas

• edited August 2015

Because they have not joined the Cult of Ted. Join his legion and the whole community would be at peace regardless of the chosen ship or not ship. That is why.

Ted = Happiness

• Yes, I expected discussion and not fighting, but you are right. I learned to not try to reason with them and to not open a thread like this ever again x)

Well, while you should have figured fighting would happen eventually (human nature yo) you did at least uncover some of their views. Hell, I learned stuff. Bravissimo!

• Excume me but who you are to tell us what to talk about? We like shipping we talk about it simple

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

Can a mod please close this thread!

• edited August 2015

Edit: I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS A GIF THAT SATAN MADE

Yes, I expected discussion and not fighting, but you are right. I learned to not try to reason with them and to not open a thread like this ever again x)

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

Double post

• Please don't apologise!

You had completely valid reasons for asking your questions, and I know your intention was for the exact opposite to happen - you just wanted to know the other side of the story in the hopes of moving forward and putting it all behind everyone.

It's not your fault at all - but I just wanted to point out that given how things went down that it probably wasn't the best idea moving forward. But definitely don't think I was blaming you, or trying to make you feel bad, because that wasn't my intention at all!

• I already asked one to keep an eye on it.

Cope49 posted: »

• If they close it it's because I was searching for mature non-shippers to discuss this with but instead I got people calling this "annoying" and "a nonsense" and adding drama without any reason whatsoever. So yeah.

Cope49 posted: »

• For gods sake, why don't you guys talk about the Lore or at least speculations about the next Episode.

For gods sake, why do you even care? Just why? Why do you feel the need to tell them what to do?

And maybe you should read TftB threads for once and not only shipping threads. Everybody's speculating but like seriously, I personally had enough of it (it's been more than 7 months!) despite usually being the first to talk about such things.

How is there tons to talk about when you talk about TWO VIRTUAL CHARACTERS liking eachother? there is no point to this other than romance.

• Not really.

What's with them being virtual? Do you want us to ship real people instead? lmao

• Ahahaha, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you always watch your gif to the end before posting!

• Another thread about Shipping???? please just talk about the game!!! half of the threads about Shipping!!

like i said, weirdos enter image description here

• Because those who wanted to discuss lore did it countless times already and have nothing new to say. Nobody wants to talk about Rhys being controlled by Jack in the present over and over again each month, especially since we still have no proof of it and no evidence.

Because they know that It's gonna get buried deep down into nothingness.

• This thread is actually about why shipping is frowned upon so much by other people.

2 threads about shipping is not half the forum either!

And you're clearly just looking to start an argument now... If you're gonna talk to us then why call us weirdos? What are we doing that is so strange to you all? Us liking fictional characters as couples makes us weird, that makes us no less weird than arguing over which anime is better than another...

Another thread about Shipping???? please just talk about the game!!! half of the threads about Shipping!! like i said, weirdos

• No, with this thread I wanted to know why do you see us as weirdos, and I asked politely about your opinion. Can't you guys just give a good answer? :(

Another thread about Shipping???? please just talk about the game!!! half of the threads about Shipping!! like i said, weirdos

• please just talk about the game

Why won't you make a thread then? Be an example.

• edited August 2015

Oh please, let us hear your great arguments on why you hate shipping.

Oh what is that I hear? Silence?

• Nothing weird about shipping fictional characters, but please look it the threads, someone wants a love scene and TFTB isn't about romance, Really???

seriously that is so weird.

HazzatheMan posted: »

This thread is actually about why shipping is frowned upon so much by other people. 2 threads about shipping is not half the forum either

• But this is hilarious! xD And... so true.

• Well Ep.3 seems to be trying to have you romance Sasha...

TWD isn't about romance yet you can have Lee get close with Carley. GOT isn't about romance but you can have a romance flourish between Rodrik and Eleana.

Nothing weird about shipping fictional characters, but please look it the threads, someone wants a love scene and TFTB isn't about romance, Really??? seriously that is so weird.

• "In our respective threads we create drawings, videos, fanfiction, edits and a lot of creative stuff, and we are very united and comfortable with each other."

Ok, great! Continue to do that and not creating threads like this. It's just bait and is continuing the main problem here: shipping being all over the forum. Personally, I haven't got a problem with shipping threads because I know better to click on them if it's not my thing, but now we've got a thread not even about shipping, but peoples thoughts on shipping. Please no. If this continues, the forum will keep getting less and less relevant to the actual game it's dedicated to.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

All I did was give my honest opinion . It's not my problem that certain members can't handle it. And by members I don't mean you . I see you aren't a drama starter .

If you wanna ship ...ship nothing I said here shouldn't and wouldn't stop you from doing so . Hell Rhysha is the only ship being supported by TellTale .

If they close it it's because I was searching for mature non-shippers to discuss this with but instead I got people calling this "annoying" and "a nonsense" and adding drama without any reason whatsoever. So yeah.

• LOL....yep. Weirdos..

• It's okay, thank you <3. I feel bad but because I feel like it was very naïve of me now to think we were just going to have a normal discussion. :(

Please don't apologise! You had completely valid reasons for asking your questions, and I know your intention was for the exact opposite

• go away with your sexual thoughts towards fictional characters Lol

Oh please, let us hear your great arguments on why you hate shipping. Oh what is that I hear? Silence?

• K

DeityD posted: »

please just talk about the game Why won't you make a thread then? Be an example.

• enter image description here

Yeah boys and girls listen to uncle Jack, and it's all gonna be fine.

I know that OP was in no way attempting to be inflammatory, but I personally think threads like these are part of the problem. I think th

• I don't care about shipping, i care more about the actual lore of the game, but if somebody wants to ship, i say let them.

One of my only problem is when the shippers post in threads not about shipping when it's not really relevant, but that happens not as often as one would expect looking at the sheer amount of shippers. When i see it i just ignore it, as it doesn't happen much.

Another one is when threads like these come up, shippers become just a little too defensive of what they believe in. Whenever somebody says something i dont like about the Cult of Ted, i just let them express themselves and respect their decisions.

This discussion has been closed.