Where the heck is Claptrap?

By now I'd think we'd have point in the game where we're stuck in a 20 minute conversation with him or something.

Comments

• I doubt we'll see him in episode 4, since it'll likely be an all Helios episode. At this point I think it'll just be a cameo/small roll in the final episode.

• I've spent a good two weeks wondering about that - I mean I'd take even a quick cameo where you just overhear him on a video message or something and Tina being all like "can i blow him up now?" and Brick being like "You could try, but he always seems to come back."

• Probably still gambling away his savings at the Inventory.

• Wherever he is he'll hopefully stay. He's the last character I want to see in Tales.

• I like to think that Claptrap is the Stranger and that's why the Stranger's mask only has one big eye. He's most likely not, but I hope he is.

• "Your mask."
    "What about it?"
    "It hides your identity."
    "It also hides the fact that I am literally a box-sized robot on stilts"
    "What."
    "What?"

I like to think that Claptrap is the Stranger and that's why the Stranger's mask only has one big eye. He's most likely not, but I hope he is.

• Yes. This is 100% accurate.

Courtenay posted: »

"Your mask." "What about it?" "It hides your identity." "It also hides the fact that I am literally a box-sized robot on stilts" "What." "What?"

• In Sanctuary :(

New CEO of Hyperion should reopen the CL4P-TP production line for the greater good.

• That would be hilarious! ;D but I still like to think the stranger is Vaughn. Although I know it's not very likely at this point..

"Your mask." "What about it?" "It hides your identity." "It also hides the fact that I am literally a box-sized robot on stilts" "What." "What?"

• I hope he returns in EP 4. I want him to charm Gorty c:

• but Helios is Claptrap's respawn

Deadpoolian posted: »

I doubt we'll see him in episode 4, since it'll likely be an all Helios episode. At this point I think it'll just be a cameo/small roll in the final episode.

• I kind of got the feeling the stranger might be Felix, with all the "you seem to know a lot about us" (not the exact words, but there was something on that line)... after somehow miraculously surviving the explosion.

nohuhhuh posted: »

That would be hilarious! ;D but I still like to think the stranger is Vaughn. Although I know it's not very likely at this point..

• edited July 2015

That's not an impossible theory! Plus we wouldn't expect him because there's a possibility to kill him. There's some impressive technology in Borderlands games so maybe Felix survived?

endoftimes posted: »

I kind of got the feeling the stranger might be Felix, with all the "you seem to know a lot about us" (not the exact words, but there was something on that line)... after somehow miraculously surviving the explosion.

• Nope, Claptrap lives in Sanctuary, along with Brick, Mordecai and the others Vault Hunters.

Onemoretime posted: »

but Helios is Claptrap's respawn

• Well... his model is in the game files, but has been since episode 1.

• Yeah, he lives there because he hasn't died .-.

Axton posted: »

Nope, Claptrap lives in Sanctuary, along with Brick, Mordecai and the others Vault Hunters.

• It is strange he hasn't made an appearance yet. We're heading to Helios, BUT we aren't there. Maybe we'll come across him sometime in the next episode as long as we're still on Pandora.

• Surviving the explosion AND being shot in the neck.

Dude must be made of adamantium.

endoftimes posted: »

I kind of got the feeling the stranger might be Felix, with all the "you seem to know a lot about us" (not the exact words, but there was something on that line)... after somehow miraculously surviving the explosion.

• Love the claptrap..but after playing through the pre-sequel I have a certain amount of joy at seeing a claptrap die tragically. Hurts don't it you box of incompetence! Learn to open a frickin door! Not saying Jack is right, but I understand his claptrap grudge

• claptrap can help us get to helios

• He better be joining Rhys, I want my ROBOT SQUAD!

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2015

This makes me miss the days of the collector's DVDs and their bonus scenes. This would beat the alternate take in Sam & Max: Season Two where the mastermind of the season was revealed to be Homestar Runner. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-xk7rSw5g

• If we do see him, I think it will be at the very end, due to the possibility of the season ending with the characters at Sanctuary.

• No it's impossible. Being shot in the neck and exploding? No coming back from that.

That's not an impossible theory! Plus we wouldn't expect him because there's a possibility to kill him. There's some impressive technology in Borderlands games so maybe Felix survived?

• I also see you didn't play the DLC.

Love the claptrap..but after playing through the pre-sequel I have a certain amount of joy at seeing a claptrap die tragically. Hurts don't

• I agree, I really think Tales is going to end with us all converging on Sanctuary and meeting up with all our old favourites (maybe that's where The Stranger is taking us?)

If we do see him, I think it will be at the very end, due to the possibility of the season ending with the characters at Sanctuary.

• claptrap will probably say something stupid and ruin everything like normal

• I'm really hoping that we don't see him, I never though he was funny just annoying.

• he's probably standing near a bounty board, surrounded by stairs.

• i dont think we will see him. at least not until the last episode, which i guess it will be us arriving at sanctuary.. but at the ''past'' scenes i dont think we will see him. beecause we have loader bot and gortys, and i think telltale wanted to do their own thing. so far i like them both!

• Yeah you are right, Loader Bot and Gortys are more than enough but I wouldn't still mind seeing Claptrap interacting with them.

Mercyva posted: »

i dont think we will see him. at least not until the last episode, which i guess it will be us arriving at sanctuary.. but at the ''past'' s

• i feel and thats totally me guessing, that if we ever by any chance will meet claptrap, we will meet him at the end of the series or at least in EP5 where i think we will be at sanctuary

Yeah you are right, Loader Bot and Gortys are more than enough but I wouldn't still mind seeing Claptrap interacting with them.

• edited August 2015

I did...and how many vault hunters did he kill in Outlook? ~points to icon from the DLC~

I also see you didn't play the DLC.

• A few directly, a lot more indirectly. Despite this it isn't about who he kills but how he feels.

I did...and how many vault hunters did he kill in Outlook? ~points to icon from the DLC~

• Feelings aren't as important as actions.

A few directly, a lot more indirectly. Despite this it isn't about who he kills but how he feels.

• Not really, they're kinda equal. They connect to each other.

Feelings aren't as important as actions.

• If he asks for Fiona or Rhys to listen to his new dubstep song I REALLY hope theres a decision to say no or just smack him

• Thank you for that Orwellian thought for the day.

Not really, they're kinda equal. They connect to each other.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.