Is Rhysha or Vaunona actually real?

I'm replaying the series from the beginning and after

1. Rhys super awesomed his way to getting the vault key.

2. Fiona had a tea party to discuss buisness with Rhys

3. Fiona killed Vallory

4. Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro Bro

It occured to me that these stories are being told by Fiona and Rhys. So is the scenes of cute akward flirting between Rhys and Sasha actually happening or is Rhys lying/exaggerating an plot point that Fiona and Felix [i call the kidnapper felix because felix had an eyepatch/monocle and the kidnapper's mask has one "eye"] won't call him on because it isn't important to the overall story about what happened involving the Gortys Project.

Comments

• I'm willing to bet that The Rhysha scene went down almost exactly as we saw it happen. If he was lying, why was he so fucking awkward in those scenes? Like, damn. I don't think Rhys would want to share half of went on there, with his trembling and stuttering and "hyperboles" about wetting himself.

Plus, if Rhys told that whole elaborate tale, there's no way Fiona wouldn't have stopped him at some point. I doubt she'd want to hear him ramble on about how he wooed over her sister for 15 minutes, and if it was really some lie that he snuck in there, Fiona would be shocked and immediately question him.

So yeah. Its a cool theory, but I don't think he made it up. He probably just briefly described what went down, and the game is showing us the details that he glazed over. If the game was 100% faithful to how the characters told the story, Rhys would be much less awkward.

• edited August 2015

*****So is the scenes of cute akward flirting between Rhys and Sasha actually happening or is Rhys lying/exaggerating *****

Yall just wont let Rhysha live.....

• I Want to Believe

*****So is the scenes of cute akward flirting between Rhys and Sasha actually happening or is Rhys lying/exaggerating ***** Yall just wont let Rhysha live.....

• This would be a perfect opportunity for the Stranger to call them out, actually.

Like, Fiona is talking about a very mundane scene but then the Stranger says "Your lying. You didn't know it but I was there, and instead you-"

You get the idea.

• I really dont want the stranger to "slip up" who he is.

Honestly, I hope the stranger doesnt turn out to be a huge disappointment, every character has their own personality and way of speech, including the stranger himself.

This would be a perfect opportunity for the Stranger to call them out, actually. Like, Fiona is talking about a very mundane scene but then the Stranger says "Your lying. You didn't know it but I was there, and instead you-" You get the idea.

• I meant more along the lines as a "secret witness." I'm willing to bet there are security cameras all in Helios, so a lot of hidden spectators could come into play.

Sure, it would definitely narrow things down depending on the situation, but as Captain Crunch said:

"You can cut the planet in half and still have over 3 billion people to choose from!"

So yeah, depending on the situation, the Stranger can still be a mystery.

If anything, the point of him calling you out may be to suddenly put the Stranger on edge, since he should then realize that you might have been lying beyond the ridiculous scenes.

Poogers555 posted: »

I really dont want the stranger to "slip up" who he is. Honestly, I hope the stranger doesnt turn out to be a huge disappointment, every character has their own personality and way of speech, including the stranger himself.

• I do hope the stranger is someone special. Not necessarily Felix mind you but someone we might know from this game or one of the other borderlands games. But I can't think of anyone who fits his dialogue style. I can almost guarantee it isn't Tiny Tina sitting on Salvador's shoulders because Salvador has an accent and Tina speaks fluent Ghetto.

Poogers555 posted: »

I really dont want the stranger to "slip up" who he is. Honestly, I hope the stranger doesnt turn out to be a huge disappointment, every character has their own personality and way of speech, including the stranger himself.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.