Episode 4's length? [Straw Poll]

Place your bets folks! Will this episode break the recent Penultimate curse and be over 90 minutes or will be expecting a length similar to "A Nest of Vipers". Personally I'm expecting a shorter episode.

http://strawpoll.me/5207297

I just realized...I been calling the title of the Episode wrong...Fuck

Comments

• An hour and 16 minutes with meaningless choices and lazy writing...

Sorry I'm still recovering from A Nest of Vipers, I hope it'll be an hour and 30 minutes as that's the average time for an episode

• 2 hours... plus 2 more hours.

A four hour episode, thanks, see you in 6 months for the F17 season finale.

• TFTBL episodes have always ran me an average of 2 hours. dunno where that extra 30 miniutes is coming from for me but.. it happens.

but yeah, I'm really hoping this does not suffer the penultimate curse

Clemenem posted: »

An hour and 16 minutes with meaningless choices and lazy writing... Sorry I'm still recovering from A Nest of Vipers, I hope it'll be an hour and 30 minutes as that's the average time for an episode

• I cross my fingers. I haven't liked this game that much so maybe it'll pull a 150 on me and be great by episode 4

stevean2 posted: »

TFTBL episodes have always ran me an average of 2 hours. dunno where that extra 30 miniutes is coming from for me but.. it happens. but yeah, I'm really hoping this does not suffer the penultimate curse

• To be honest it's kind of worrying me that there have been no hints for time/length, which makes me think that it might be short(er) - but that they are confident enough in the content that they want people to play it and realise that it's 'just right' (instead of finding out it's 90 minutes before they play and being up in arms until they see that it's actually the perfect amount of time to tell the story).

All in all, quantity ≠ quality. And for me, the passion behind everyone who's played it speaks a lot more than a timestamp.

• It's a shame you haven't liked this game as much as the rest of us. but I can see why it may not be right for some people. Then again, I thought i'd really enjoy the GoT game but it just turned out as a disappointment to be from episode 3 and onwards as it turned out to be very.. walking dead season 2ish..

But yeah. I also cross my fingers for this. Episode 3 was my favourite episode so far.

I cross my fingers. I haven't liked this game that much so maybe it'll pull a 150 on me and be great by episode 4

• The issue I have is that when telltale pull their "shorter episode" thing. It kinda leaves this addiction feeling mixed with feelings of disappointment and what not, as everything rushes to the ending instead of fleshing out what they have there for a little bit. an example maybe they introduce a new load of characters and then immediately skip that scene after introducing them to show you something else, and when you get back your characters have already gotten to know them for example leaving you in the dark cause they need to get to the end within an hour or something y'know?

I'm really hoping that this is the staple 2 hours the previous episodes have had, cause that's the perfect amount of time to fit everything in personally, as each episode feels like a 2 hour long movie that, lets face it, is worth the wait compared to waiting a year or two for another sequel.

To be honest it's kind of worrying me that there have been no hints for time/length, which makes me think that it might be short(er) - but t

• Same, all the episodes so far have been a little over 2 hours for me when I played.

TFTBL episodes have always ran me an average of 2 hours. dunno where that extra 30 miniutes is coming from for me but.. it happens. but yeah, I'm really hoping this does not suffer the penultimate curse

• edited August 2015

Around two hours. Judging from the size of the episode, it should be around the same length as Episode 3. We have a lot to cover before Episode 5.

• I feel like itll be just under 2 hours, maybe like 1: 40-50

• I dunno, I have a feeling this'll be the shortest TftB episode, so around 90 mins.

• C'mon 2 hours or just under!

• enter image description here

mirashade posted: »

2 hours... plus 2 more hours. A four hour episode, thanks, see you in 6 months for the F17 season finale.

• Heres hopin!
    oh little unrelated but I'm thinking of having our next borderlands session for this Saturday :D

Same, all the episodes so far have been a little over 2 hours for me when I played.

• I don't think I can make it for Saturday, I'm going to see The Book of Mormon at 2:00 and I'm leaving around 12 and probably won't be home until 7-8:00.

Heres hopin! oh little unrelated but I'm thinking of having our next borderlands session for this Saturday

• That's fine :D we can always reschedule

I don't think I can make it for Saturday, I'm going to see The Book of Mormon at 2:00 and I'm leaving around 12 and probably won't be home until 7-8:00.

• I got it, we can play on Tuesday, it's not like anything is going on that day.

That's fine we can always reschedule

• Yeah suuuuuure. No TALES to be told or Vaults to be lead too :D we're GOLDEN. I'm sure there's not a LOADER shit going on, on that day.

I got it, we can play on Tuesday, it's not like anything is going on that day.

• I may be wrong here, but I think you're subtly trying to tell me something, what could possibly be going on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015? Is a new episode of Game of Thrones coming out that day?

Yeah suuuuuure. No TALES to be told or Vaults to be lead too we're GOLDEN. I'm sure there's not a LOADER shit going on, on that day.

• Nope. Nothing to do with Helios or people with robot arms or the like. >.> <.<

I may be wrong here, but I think you're subtly trying to tell me something, what could possibly be going on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015? Is a new episode of Game of Thrones coming out that day?

• Telltale is very good at closing their games but they have trouble leading up to them mainly do to length,out of character moments and clished scenes because they want these character's to do something in order for the plot and cliffhanger.

• What's a Borderlands session

Nope. Nothing to do with Helios or people with robot arms or the like. >.> <.<

• So...How long do you think the episode is going to be?

Telltale is very good at closing their games but they have trouble leading up to them mainly do to length,out of character moments and clished scenes because they want these character's to do something in order for the plot and cliffhanger.

• I think it will be 2 hours long just like the previous episodes. Guys telltale penultimate episodes are not always short. Around every corner was nearly three hours

So...How long do you think the episode is going to be?

• Me and a few users from Rhysha are running through the borderlands games via the canon timeline.
    Starting with Borderlands 1

What's a Borderlands session

Sign in to comment in this discussion.