Is Gortys evil?

What a twist! I'll explain. Spoilers ahead.

First - who is the creator of GP? Atlas. Would Atlas do something good and sweet?

Second - beginning of the game, Rhys says: "Gortys is a bad business". Wait, what, why?

Third - do you remember what stranger, Rhys and Fiona finds in ep. 4? A part of Gortys. On Pandora. What happened?

My conclusion. Uber-sweetness is a disguise. Robot grows with every part, becomes more powerful. Will find the Vault but will also reveal it's true nature. Evil Gortys can be the final boss. Rhys and his friends will destroy her, she'll explode and components will be scattered on Pandora.

Comments

• I love Gortys, but I am a little scared that if she gets her next upgrade she'll suddenly turn sinister like a sudden switch in her programming.

How is a robot supposed to help them find a vault key anyways? o.o

• It would fit with Borderlands long tradition of making me kill characters I love...

• Wow, I haven't thought of that, but I actually think you could be right - would be a great twist 'cause we all love her:/

• edited August 2015

Second - beginning of the game, Rhys says: "Gortys is a bad business". Wait, what, why?

Cause it didn't bring them money cause it didn't open a Vault? ¯\ (ツ) /¯

• I've actually been thinking of that. Unless ATLAS, you know, ATLAS. Made a robot made that lifts everyone's spirits. This is definitely possibru.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited August 2015

Maybe can locate key's energy signal??? Don't know.

Imo it would be fun to see Gortys with it's childish behaviour and voice, attacking you. Just like possessed teddy bear.

enter image description here

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I love Gortys, but I am a little scared that if she gets her next upgrade she'll suddenly turn sinister like a sudden switch in her programming. How is a robot supposed to help them find a vault key anyways? o.o

• Nah. It was more like "Gortys is bad business, better stay away".

DeityD posted: »

Second - beginning of the game, Rhys says: "Gortys is a bad business". Wait, what, why? Cause it didn't bring them money cause it didn't open a Vault? ¯\ (ツ) /¯

• edited August 2015

Dunno m8, after that he said something about some property on one of the Edens so I think he meant "if you want money, Gortys is a bad business - but let's work this out". But with that, I'm not saying your theory is wrong, just that part about Gortys is not that obvious.

Omid's cat posted: »

Nah. It was more like "Gortys is bad business, better stay away".

• well atlas do leave the refrigirator door open at night so im gonna say probably evil

• Just cause atlas made her doesn't make her evil that would mean loaderbot was evil

• edited August 2015

Isn't loader bot Hyperion?

Edit: Oh right, because Hyperion is kinda bad too facepalm

zeke10 posted: »

Just cause atlas made her doesn't make her evil that would mean loaderbot was evil

• Eh honestly hyperion is just as bad if not worse than atlas

Isn't loader bot Hyperion? Edit: Oh right, because Hyperion is kinda bad too facepalm

• Aw noooo, not the cute robot. It'll be like Wheatley from Portal all over again.

• Actually robots are not really "evil". People are. And people are creating robots for different purposes. Loaders are serving a variety of roles. Gortys was something special for Atlas, their last effort. It's hard to believe they wanted to be kind and cute in the end.

zeke10 posted: »

Just cause atlas made her doesn't make her evil that would mean loaderbot was evil

• By Rhys saying Gortys is bad business, it almost makes me feel like Rhys and Fiona got out of the whole Gortys thing and gave it to Vallory

• Could be unfinished like claptrap.

Omid's cat posted: »

Actually robots are not really "evil". People are. And people are creating robots for different purposes. Loaders are serving a variety of r

• yeah but wheatley was a moron and couldn't move although gortys was a similar shape

Aw noooo, not the cute robot. It'll be like Wheatley from Portal all over again.

• Remeber the moment Gortys Saw her next piece? Her eyes turned Orange, for that seconds she looked quite evil.

• edited August 2015

I'd love that twist. It would go so well with BL, although I hope she isn't forever dead, I think she could make a great villain if she "grew up" with all the new parts... Ah man. I'm so hyped for the next EP.

• If the cuteness turned out to be a facade, that would be upsetting for a lot of people.

Perhaps the Vault will corrupt her by accident.

• Be a good twist. I love Gortys though, so it will be emotionally damaging. If it's against Fiona, I'll let Gortys live. If its Rhys, then... We have a problem.

• edited August 2015

A moron who took over Aperture Science.

yeah but wheatley was a moron and couldn't move although gortys was a similar shape

• A smart moron.

RhysAndLee posted: »

A moron who took over Aperture Science.

• I'd bet my money on a Felicity Rampant situation.

LawmanZero posted: »

If the cuteness turned out to be a facade, that would be upsetting for a lot of people. Perhaps the Vault will corrupt her by accident.

• I have to turn the audio off every time...it's that bad.

I'd bet my money on a Felicity Rampant situation.

• The Felicity Rampant boss is?

I have to turn the audio off every time...it's that bad.

• The lead up to it is depressing.

The Felicity Rampant boss is?

• Honestly, it's what I'm expecting. There's Rhys' comment about Gortys being bad news, and from my past experience of overly nice/sweet/adorable/moe characters turning out to be evil all along.

She's cute, but I ain't letting her fool me if that's the case.

• It is. I was just like, "Wow... I kind of like Felicity. She's gonna die, isn't she?"

The lead up to it is depressing.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2015

Honestly, I think that instead of her ending up being evil, it's going to end up being- for lack of any better terms- a Felicity situation when you finally get to the Vault (if you know what I mean)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.