Spoiler free episode 4 review thread

How was it guys? I can't play it until sunday >:(

Comments

• I just wanna know where we stand with choices mattering.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I thought it was a really good episode, there where some really funny moments and a couple of sad ones but i can't elaborate any more as it could spoil things.

I give it a rating of 9/10

• I had pretty high expectations, and it exceeded all of them. It'll be worth the wait, OP!

• Trusting Jack matters and the Cassius choice does too. There might be more but I haven't noticed yet.

The_Duck posted: »

I just wanna know where we stand with choices mattering.

• I think it's the best episode of this season.

• Thread: NO SPOILER EP 4 REVIEW?

Is it good? Not out on steam, i'd love to know if you liked it or not. PLEASE? :(

• is there a good balance of fiona and rhys sections again?

• dissapointment

5/10 just because it has the best qte segments in any telltale game ever

• nope. ;-;

Flog61 posted: »

is there a good balance of fiona and rhys sections again?

• what oh no :( dpes fiona or rhys get less playtime?

nope. ;-;

• It's more than good, it's amazing! It's funny, it's thrilling, and this ending, goddammit! Best episode for me.

• Yes, it's great!

Penultimate curse is not happening this time. :-P

• i dunno if it's spoilery or not, but they had little-to-no interactions with each other :\

what oh no dpes fiona or rhys get less playtime?

• oh i just meant do we play as fiona and rhys for similar amounts of time or does one get more time

i dunno if it's spoilery or not, but they had little-to-no interactions with each other

• It was AWESOME (e.e).

• i'd say it's pretty balanced, but that's just my opinion

oh i just meant do we play as fiona and rhys for similar amounts of time or does one get more time

• wow I'm excited then!

Schwarzblut posted: »

I think it's the best episode of this season.

• can I ask why? everyone else has said good things, and I'd love to know what's wrong (if you can share without spoiling)

dissapointment 5/10 just because it has the best qte segments in any telltale game ever

• Nothing's wrong. Some people just need attention.

Demarcoa posted: »

can I ask why? everyone else has said good things, and I'd love to know what's wrong (if you can share without spoiling)

• it's mainly because i was too overhyped :\

also, i felt like some characters didn't get enough screentime, present part was extremely short, humor was rarer than previous episodes, etc.

i'm too picky when it comes to videogames, but i'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as everyone else did :)

Demarcoa posted: »

can I ask why? everyone else has said good things, and I'd love to know what's wrong (if you can share without spoiling)

• Fair enough. Hype can kill a perfectly good thing if it gets out of control. But I get it, that's cool. For a second I was worried something disastrous was on the way. Thanks for sharing.

it's mainly because i was too overhyped also, i felt like some characters didn't get enough screentime, present part was extremely short

• Which trusting Jack?XD

Trusting Jack matters and the Cassius choice does too. There might be more but I haven't noticed yet.

• I'm guessing it broke the penultimate curse?

• In the end of ep 2 :P

The_Duck posted: »

Which trusting Jack?XD

• I'd spoiler mark it because people who haven't played it yet will torn you into peaces if ya don't ;D. Just my advice...

• Surely did. ;)

I'm guessing it broke the penultimate curse?

• Thanks for not marking!!!!!!!!!!!

• Will the ps3 Version cone soon

• I'd give it an 8.5 or a 9 out of 10, easily. Without spoilers, of course, the humor was razor sharp and rapid fire this episode. The QTEs are given some rather... interesting use this episode but I'll leave it at that. Overall, it's very similar to Episode 1 in tone and theme, as both episodes are like silly, over the top heist movies (whereas Episodes 2 and 3 were more of them just going on an adventure).

• Some asshole spoiled me by posting spoiler in a non spoiler thread

Throws chair

• Sorry about that! For what it's worth, let's just say someone got acquainted with Crowd Control. ;)

zeke10 posted: »

Some asshole spoiled me by posting spoiler in a non spoiler thread Throws chair

• Smiles evily

I'll keep believing he was lying though

Sorry about that! For what it's worth, let's just say someone got acquainted with Crowd Control.

• I'm leaning on a 9 or an 8.5. I was expecting a faster paced episode, but as soon as I got used to the tone of the episode I was really digging it. It felt REALLY short though (it was like less than 2 hours which isn't bad at all) I guess that has to do with the slower pacing. Also this episode has the GREATEST QTE sequence ever made in the history of EVER. I could not stop fucking grinning.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.