IGN gives "Escape Plan Bravo" 6/10

Review

enter image description here

I'm not even surprised. Typical IGN.

Comments

• Gameinformer will prolly give it a 4.5

• Eh, I stopped caring about IGN reviews after they crapped on Alien: Isolation.

• If anyone actually still takes IGN seriously at this point I'll be insanely shocked

• This is the same website that gives Call of Duty constant praise for being "different", yet gives games like Alien Isolation a bad rating because it was "too hard".

Also, who could forget their infamous "too much water" review of Pokemon.

They're not credible reviewers in my eyes.

• "Too much space"

This is the same website that gives Call of Duty constant praise for being "different", yet gives games like Alien Isolation a bad rating be

• 7.8, too much water. Well, I guess they've never seen the ocean.

This is the same website that gives Call of Duty constant praise for being "different", yet gives games like Alien Isolation a bad rating be

• On the plus side; Destructoid gave it a perfect 10/10. Not many games get that from them!

http://www.destructoid.com/review-tales-from-the-borderlands-escape-plan-bravo-306100.phtml

• edited August 2015

I've always considered IGN corporate shills and Industry apologists. Never expect good reviews from them.

• They always give the penultimate episodes low ratings, im not surprised.

• Ign only care about call of duty the worst video game out

• Most of those game sites are paid off really, good thing I never read those reviews when I decide to get a game, steam user scores are much better.

IGN - Characters like Gortys and Athena who really shined in part 3 either take a back seat, or simply aren’t present at all.

The fuck? Gortys is like in almost every scene.

• The fuck? Gortys is like in almost every scene

And being cute as fuck the entire time to boot! "He said to hold tight!" I fucking MELTED from cuteness overload when she said that.

Most of those game sites are paid off really, good thing I never read those reviews when I decide to get a game, steam user scores are much

• Honestly that's just an opinion who gives a shit about it? Let IGN talk shit like they always do.

I really agree with them this time, though. They made a lot of valid points.

• I'd gladly let them talk all the shit they want, but their 6/10 ruines EPB average score in Metacritic, and that's not really fair. Any vote lower than 8 or 3.5/5 for this episode is just too severe in my opinion.

aldimon posted: »

Honestly that's just an opinion who gives a shit about it? Let IGN talk shit like they always do. I really agree with them this time, though. They made a lot of valid points.

• And they expect Athena to be in the episode... it seems like IGN has completely forgotten TPS' plot.

Most of those game sites are paid off really, good thing I never read those reviews when I decide to get a game, steam user scores are much

• 'ruins'? How does it 'ruin' it? It's just a subjective opinion, there's millions of those everywhere. Heck, I fucking disgust IGN, but I'd vote the episode 6/10. It's all just opinions and subjective impressions anyway. If the game is fantastic, the average of all reviews will still be fine. Takes more than one disappointed reviewer to make a low metacritic score.

I'd gladly let them talk all the shit they want, but their 6/10 ruines EPB average score in Metacritic, and that's not really fair. Any vote lower than 8 or 3.5/5 for this episode is just too severe in my opinion.

• I'm not saying it will get a low score, I'm saying it could get a lower score than it deserves and a professional review can make the difference about that, anyway I think 6/10 is objectively a too low score, but if that's your opinion that's ok.

'ruins'? How does it 'ruin' it? It's just a subjective opinion, there's millions of those everywhere. Heck, I fucking disgust IGN, but I'd v

• There isn't an 'objectively' low score, because every score is subjective. There's no such thing as an objective score when it comes to games (or any kind of art).

I'm not saying it will get a low score, I'm saying it could get a lower score than it deserves and a professional review can make the difference about that, anyway I think 6/10 is objectively a too low score, but if that's your opinion that's ok.

• edited August 2015

Problem is that IGN is a big gaming site, there are enough stupid people that decide to buy or not to buy a game based on their reviews. I can understand that there can be a difference of opinion, I don't really like action games anymore, especially the FPS types, so I don't like Crisis games but I wouldn't rate them 5/10. I would rather rate the type of games I enjoy like TTG like stuff, RPG action mix (Dragon age, ME, KOTOR), RTS games. And all of the arguments in that article are pulled straight out of their asses.

'ruins'? How does it 'ruin' it? It's just a subjective opinion, there's millions of those everywhere. Heck, I fucking disgust IGN, but I'd v

• Which is why I fucking hate and despise IGN for their reviews. I just pointed out that they shouldn't really matter and that in this specific case, I think they made some valid points.

Problem is that IGN is a big gaming site, there are enough stupid people that decide to buy or not to buy a game based on their reviews. I c

• Well 6/10 score is like barely worth getting in my opinion, with lots of bugs, shitty story and so on. Everything about this episode was great. There are no technical flaws, the visuals are stunning, humor is spot on, gameplay is minimal but thats normal for a TTG game and the length of this episode is decent too. No more of the 60 minutes TWD season 2 crap.

Which is why I fucking hate and despise IGN for their reviews. I just pointed out that they shouldn't really matter and that in this specific case, I think they made some valid points.

• At this point we'd be taking it to a philosophical point of view, I don't know if you're familiar with Immanuel Kant, but, for example, he says that every human is possessor of a "Common sense" that allows us to recognize what is universal Beauty regardless of its utility. In my opinion art can be underrated, overrated but if in 80% or 90% of the cases it is considered beautiful, it is. I don't like da Vinci's paintings, but they are objectively beautiful because there are so many things to consider about art, not just what we think, but what makes other people feel. Finally,Most of us loved this episode, so I'd say it was a good one and objectively undeserving of a 6/10 In a professional review.

There isn't an 'objectively' low score, because every score is subjective. There's no such thing as an objective score when it comes to games (or any kind of art).

• edited August 2015

I actually agree with the score. These interactive story games (visual novels, basically) live solely from the writing, which I found largely unenjoyable, especially in the second part.

Well 6/10 score is like barely worth getting in my opinion, with lots of bugs, shitty story and so on. Everything about this episode was gre

• edited August 2015

Hey Blind-Sniper could you merge all these Ign threads because there are a lot. :L

• Don't hold IGN's opinion in anywhere near high regard. They're liars and corrupt as all hell

IGNorant

• I don't get the Gortys complaint, Gortys actually gets way more to do and say in this episode compared to episode 3 so much so, that I actually thought she got too much screen time.

• I'm just gonna say it. I don't care. It's their opinion, so why do people really care what they think?

• Why did they expect Athena to come back? Lol

• i dont think its a matter of us caring too much about their opinion, in my case, i get upset because IGN has a MAJOR fallowing. and they can influence people decisions into buying a game or not, personally i dont care about their opinion because what matters is the fans who play. BUT, by giving this episode a bad review/score can make some people not buy the game. and i really want to support telltale on this game, because also to be fair, Marty's review was weird and did not make sense at all..

Gary-Oak posted: »

I'm just gonna say it. I don't care. It's their opinion, so why do people really care what they think?

• or simply aren’t present at all.

Someone hasn't played the other Borderlands.

• No CoD references, 6/10 IGN.

What a bunch of bigots.

• This is the only way IGN gives higher scores Not exactly true well idk for sure but still funny

enter image description here

• I honestly thought this was the best episode telltale has made in a long time. It had everything, humor, drama, violence, witty banter, EPIC music to go with the situation, character and plot development, great scenery. Bravo.

• WHAT? Seriously? Escape Plan Bravo? This was the best episode in the entire game so far, worth at least an 8.5/10 if not an outright 9/10.

• it had guns but it wasnt skyrim

• I give IGN a 3/10.

• "Tales from the Borderlands ep.4 sucked BUT CALL OF DUTY IS AMAZING OMG" - IGN 2015

Sign in to comment in this discussion.