****** Picture

When you choose to look at the picture of Angel, do you find it sad that the Handsome Jack AI doesn't know that she's dead? Hate to think what would happen if someone tells him about her death.

Comments

• At first, yeah I felt kind of bad that he didn't know about Angel (although I had kind of figured as much), when he said how he wanted to go see her when this was all done, it kind of broke my heart. But then he forced Rhys into uploading him back into the station in my game and all my sympathy for him was gone.

• I didn't know the room could be scanned, so I didn't scan the photo. But I feel bad for AI Jack, he doesn't know Angel is dead. I don't want to be the one to let him know. For all his insanity and stuff, Jack did genuinely care for his daughter and her dying is what made him snap in Borderlands 2. He cared for her, even in his own way.

• He... doesn't know? I've misunderstood everything then. I thought there was a memorial he was talking about.

• I thought that too. If he doesn't know..well what I told My Rhys to tell him is even more hurtful.

He... doesn't know? I've misunderstood everything then. I thought there was a memorial he was talking about.

• edited August 2015

The Jack-eye scan of the picture actually says "Look at something else. Not even Kidding."

Angel is a REALLY sore spot for Jack and it speaks volumes of the rapport my Rhys has built with him that he would talk about her at all. Yeah, he was quite insane and wasn't much of a father even before he went completely insanse but there was a part of him that even then cared for Angel.
    If you scan&examine Nisha's hat you kinda learn that he had genuine feelings for her too and it wasn't just fun romping (though there was apparently a whole lot of that too :p )

Bad things are going to happen when he learns of Angels death.

fayescarlet posted: »

I didn't know the room could be scanned, so I didn't scan the photo. But I feel bad for AI Jack, he doesn't know Angel is dead. I don't want

• Yeah. Jack starts acting completely different after her death in Borderlands 2; he wouldn't be the jolly dude that he is in TFTB if he had known about her death this entire time.

He... doesn't know? I've misunderstood everything then. I thought there was a memorial he was talking about.

• Damn.

Piggs posted: »

Yeah. Jack starts acting completely different after her death in Borderlands 2; he wouldn't be the jolly dude that he is in TFTB if he had known about her death this entire time.

• I wouldn't exactly call forcing her to be his personal siren for selfish reasons, research into vault hunters against her will and basically treat her so poorly that she begs you in BL2 to kill her is exactly 'caring for her in his own way' to any regard. Maybe in his mind he thought he showed her love to some degree, but it's near impossible to look at the relationship between then and see Jack as anything but using her for his own gain.

fayescarlet posted: »

I didn't know the room could be scanned, so I didn't scan the photo. But I feel bad for AI Jack, he doesn't know Angel is dead. I don't want

• Seriously -- it's kind of off-putting to see so many people defend Jack. I love him as a character, but he's a monster who doesn't realize what he is. What he did to Angel is horrific; heck, there wasn't even stuff in her prison to make her comfortable! Think about how miserable her life must have been, trapped in a blank room for her entire life.

krablord posted: »

I wouldn't exactly call forcing her to be his personal siren for selfish reasons, research into vault hunters against her will and basically

• it speaks volumes of the rapport my Rhys has built with him that he would talk about her at all.

Except he says that regardless, even if you've been nothing but a complete dick to him the entire time and never trusted him.

Don't worry, I fell for it too.

The Jack-eye scan of the picture actually says "Look at something else. Not even Kidding." Angel is a REALLY sore spot for Jack and it sp

• Didn't Angel kill her mother or something?
    I think at first Jack had to control her, but then from all the crap he went through in TPS, he just went mad.

• Wasn't it due to Angel's lack of control over her power? My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw that Jack did not realize that Angel was dead and he still cared for her.
    I might be the only one who think that Jack is actually a really good guy but all the crap in TPS made him insane :\

kaza125 posted: »

Didn't Angel kill her mother or something? I think at first Jack had to control her, but then from all the crap he went through in TPS, he just went mad.

• same :|

BeatzMaze posted: »

Wasn't it due to Angel's lack of control over her power? My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw that Jack did not realize that Ange

• Hmm...It's a bit odd tool to use for manipulation at that point, if that is what he is using it for, seeing as the entire 'hook' of his endgame was offering personal power to Rhys. While it might get him sympathy points it doesn't really help when what you want the other guy to feel is trust in you. And he didn't even need your consent as much as he just needed you close enough to the device.
    Not saying random manipulation would be out of character for him but that scene just didn't have that feel to it.

it speaks volumes of the rapport my Rhys has built with him that he would talk about her at all. Except he says that regardless, eve

• Allow me to break your heart further :)
    enter link description here

BeatzMaze posted: »

Wasn't it due to Angel's lack of control over her power? My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw that Jack did not realize that Ange

• the hell does insanse mean?

The Jack-eye scan of the picture actually says "Look at something else. Not even Kidding." Angel is a REALLY sore spot for Jack and it sp

• Y'know the worst part about that? Jack was bullshitting. Angel did shit all and his Mother just left. Jack goes mad whenever his ex-wife is mentioned to the point where he strangled a guy in person for simply mentioning her.

(this is revealed in a ECHO log you can find) Fuck this sympathy for Jack.

Didn't Angel kill her mother or something? I think at first Jack had to control her, but then from all the crap he went through in TPS, he just went mad.

• It means i failed at spelling :p

stevean2 posted: »

the hell does insanse mean?

• TWICE?! D:

It means i failed at spelling

• Na I have sympathy for him. He had no family but his grandmother who abused the crap out of him. His wife, I believe was killed by angel? (don't quote me on that), he sought to civilize Pandora but was screwed over, multiple times to the point where he couldn't trust anyone anymore. He is then scarred by Lilith, just making him go more insane. And then through his own inevitable demise he loses his daughter, the only thing he had left.
    So hell yeah I have sympathy for him :)

Y'know the worst part about that? Jack was bullshitting. Angel did shit all and his Mother just left. Jack goes mad whenever his ex-wife is

• YOU SAW NOTHING AND YOU KNOW NOTHING!

TWICE?!

Allow me to break your heart further enter link description here

• But.. my name isnt Jon Snow

YOU SAW NOTHING AND YOU KNOW NOTHING!

• Oh my god. Again, as I just said. his wife wasn't killed. She left and Jack dressed it up as angel killed her to give some reasoning behind his selfish reasons of using her as weapon for his own gains. He probably never cared for angel and was only acting that way as an excuse to quickly kill Roland finally. Again, its in an echo log.

Na I have sympathy for him. He had no family but his grandmother who abused the crap out of him. His wife, I believe was killed by angel? (d

• But it's not quite as special as "oh my God, he opened up to me about his daughter - he likes me, her really likes me - we have an amazing rapport built on mutual respect and admiration!" when you realise he does it regardless.

It's also possible that TT just decided not to run an alternate line (but if that's the case, they should totally stick with the 'uh, no he was just manipulating you - yep, that's definitely what happened' because I think it works really well).

Hmm...It's a bit odd tool to use for manipulation at that point, if that is what he is using it for, seeing as the entire 'hook' of his endg

• Yep, people think the timelines on those ECHOlogs were just a mistake - but they weren't, they were specifically put there to make you go, "waaait, that doesn't add up, I wonder what else this prick is lying about."

It's also hinted at the fact that Jack himself killed Angel's mother in his AMA (which is canon). It's not confirmed because we don't know if she was his first wife, but suffice to say he straight up killed his first wife and thinks it's hilarious.

Y'know the worst part about that? Jack was bullshitting. Angel did shit all and his Mother just left. Jack goes mad whenever his ex-wife is

• Handsome Bastard

Proof, if needed. And how he "treats" Angel in general.

Na I have sympathy for him. He had no family but his grandmother who abused the crap out of him. His wife, I believe was killed by angel? (d

• Holy crap I didn't even know this mission existed...

Handsome Bastard Proof, if needed. And how he "treats" Angel in general.

• There's a reason why everyone calls him Handsome Jackass :P

Holy crap I didn't even know this mission existed...

• I blame The Pre-Sequel for making me sympathize with Jack. :v I know everything he's done is inexcusable, but seeing HOW he became a raging lunatic made me pity him.

Seriously -- it's kind of off-putting to see so many people defend Jack. I love him as a character, but he's a monster who doesn't realize w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.