Is...........going to betray us?

Question for those who plugged in to Hyperion and supported Jack all the way through, do you think he is still going to betray us after all we've done?

I mean he is still a psychotic and manipulative guy, and his aim all the way through was to get you in the chair and plug him in to Helios, but now that he's done that, especially if you were compliant all the way through, what real reason does he have to betray you? Particularly if you do what he says and act as his protege?

I still think there's going to be conflict in the next episode between Jack and Rhys' friends, who are obviously going to try and stop Rhys from being the President of Hyperion, but why would Jack screw us over in that situation? Unless we screw him over first?

Comments

• What I REALLY want is for Rhys to kill Jack. (Yes, I just said that).

I want Rhys to fully follow in Jack's footsteps. Jack killed Tassiter to be president, Rhys kills Jack to be president. I trusted Jack all the way, and I think it would make Jack's death actually really sad if he was killed by someone he finally trusted. (Will this happen? Probably not...but it would be awesome)

• Ha, it's strangely reminiscent of the whole Mr House story in Fallout New Vegas. Would be cool definitely.

They're probably going to end up fighting over what to do with Fiona & Sasha - they're obviously going to try and stop Rhys/Jack, and Jack will probably simply want them dead, (which Rhys will try and stop).

Damn...really was a tough final decision!

What I REALLY want is for Rhys to kill Jack. (Yes, I just said that). I want Rhys to fully follow in Jack's footsteps. Jack killed Tassit

• You'll be fiiiiiiiiiine, kiddo--I mean--Rhys.

You stood by me, and I'll stand by you - just like I stood by everyone else who supported me: Wilhelm, Nisha, the annoying yellow one, all those scientists... Things are going to work out just as well for you as they did for them.

You and me, buddy - we're a team, and I always look after my te-eh-eh-eh, oh my God, I--I tried to keep a straight face but I couldn't. I mean, it was obviously convincing enough for you to plug me into Helios, but thank god I can drop the act!

You messed up, Pumpkin, you messed up reeeal bad...

enter image description here

• But-but...

Seriously though, what can Handsome Jack do as a space station exactly? Surely if he wants to get crap done he needs a guy to well...get crap done. Physically I mean.

You'll be fiiiiiiiiiine, kiddo--I mean--Rhys. You stood by me, and I'll stand by you - just like I stood by everyone else who supported m

• Serious answer, though:

Yes, very likely. And not just because it's Jack and it's inherently in his nature, but because we know this is leading into BL3 and therefore, there needs to be a 'canon' outcome. I think it's a lot more likely that Jack would screw over Rhys for those who chose to help him, than for Jack and Rhys to suddenly be on good terms for those who rejected him.

As for the reason, I would have previously said "for looking at him funny"/"he was just bored"/"whatever else that psychopath uses as justification" - but with all the discussion about Jack not knowing about Angel's fate (does he? does he not? is he lying?) what if it is that he genuinely doesn't know and finding out tips him over the edge?

IT. WOULD. BE. TERRIFYING.

It would also serve up a lot of that moral ambiguity that everyone loves so much about him, because technically you could argue that he was a changed man/AI and that he was going to do the right thing, but that coping with Angel's death for a second time was enough to push him back into fully-blown psychopath territory.

You'll be fiiiiiiiiiine, kiddo--I mean--Rhys. You stood by me, and I'll stand by you - just like I stood by everyone else who supported m

• I know if you don't trust him, he mentions his sweet new body. So maybe he doesn't need Rhys at all now?

But-but... Seriously though, what can Handsome Jack do as a space station exactly? Surely if he wants to get crap done he needs a guy to well...get crap done. Physically I mean.

• After Rhys plug Jack into Helios, he is no longer any use for him.
    But he didn't kill him. In fact he made him President of Hyperion. Why would he do this if he'd want Rhys dead? He could just kill him the moment he was free.
    But he actually shared his power with him so I think Rhys is safe. Can't tell for Fiona and Sasha tough...
    Maybe at the begging of Ep 5 Jack will try to kill Rhys friends so nothing would hold him back from becoming the ruthless leader that Jack once was?
    I know my english isn't very good, so I hope You understand what I mean.

• I imagine that he has access to all of Helios' defences? So he could control any turret, any loader, any moonshot, any laser (etc. etc.). Sure it's not as great as personally strangling someone, but it's definitely still effective...

Oh, God, what if that's what that exoskeleton arm is for?! What if it just suddenly springs to life like Thing from the Adam's Family and wraps itself around Rhys' neck?!

Also, he could probably get Rhys to choke himself with his own arm, considering it's Hyperion issued - It's probably why he has a new one in the future, to stop precisely that!

But-but... Seriously though, what can Handsome Jack do as a space station exactly? Surely if he wants to get crap done he needs a guy to well...get crap done. Physically I mean.

• I am so conflicted about this...

A part of me wants to be screwed over and another part of me wants Jack to finally trust someone.

Serious answer, though: Yes, very likely. And not just because it's Jack and it's inherently in his nature, but because we know this is l

• edited August 2015

Handsom Jack is the hero of the story!
    With all his insane murderous impulses he's actually a pretty cool guy ( ) .
    Yet I chose to deny his request when the jack in was happening because I am still skeptical how TellTales is gonna evolve this character.

• But he didn't kill him. In fact he made him President of Hyperion. Why would he do this if he'd want Rhys dead?

To have a little puppet maybe?

After Rhys plug Jack into Helios, he is no longer any use for him. But he didn't kill him. In fact he made him President of Hyperion. Why w

• Exactly. So I think as long Rhys do whatever Jack wants him to , he's safe.

But he didn't kill him. In fact he made him President of Hyperion. Why would he do this if he'd want Rhys dead? To have a little puppet maybe?

• Yes, Jack's gong to betray Rhys the very second that he thinks that Rhys's not useful anymore.

• I've been nice to him the whole time so he needs a motivation to betray me..? I have no idea

• Yup, I'm sure he will invite Fiona up like he said then take over

• Probably, at least until Jack dosen't get paranoid and think that Rhys betrayed him.

Exactly. So I think as long Rhys do whatever Jack wants him to , he's safe.

• we found it in the text files.

343) JACK
    Heyyyy, buddy! So, bad news, ah -- I lied about everything. Sorry! Nah, I'm not sorry. What? But what I am, finally, is in charge of Hyperion again. And I'm also gonna have a pretty sick body to live in, so thanks for that!
    344) RHYS
    Wait -- buddy, you- you- you said we were gonna run Hyperion together!
    345) JACK
    I-- AM-- HYPERION!

• where'd you find that anyway? are we sure that's definitely what they're gonna use?

• thats text file from the game.
    Jacks office location.
    My friend send me that. I'm not sure if TTG will use it.
    Cause in text files could also find another spoilers. Or not spoilers. Who knows? Telltale likes to change a plot. xD

where'd you find that anyway? are we sure that's definitely what they're gonna use?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.