IGNs Ep4 review - Ignorance at its finest (Spoilers)

Comments

• [removed]

Eh, if you don't enjoy stupid things perhaps Borderlands isn't the series for you. At all.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2015

[removed]

Cope49 posted: »

The finger gun fight tho.....stupidest thing I've ever watch/played. They should have cut that out of the game.

• Never even heard of it before this game . But if this is how the base game is then it isn't for me.

Eh, if you don't enjoy stupid things perhaps Borderlands isn't the series for you. At all.

• You're the annoying troll . No one is forcing you to read what I wrote . Who are you anyway ???

• That was a little over the top . I'm reporting you .

• Why do you even care who I am? I'm simply just stating the facts that you just spill troll comments and act like a prick about it claiming that you're so high and mighty over us "overly sensitive sheep". If you're not, you're doing a bad job at not looking like a prick.

I can read what I want, no one forces me to do anything.

You're the annoying troll . No one is forcing you to read what I wrote . Who are you anyway ???

• Wait a second, did they REALLY said "too much Ben" in Around Every Corner? Tf? Now developing a character is a con. Lmao.

Jewfreeus posted: »

come on guys i think we all know what the problem here is they just don't like episode 4 of any game obviously duh

• You are just trying to start a argument . And I'm not gonna give you one .

But these little personal attacks of yours need to end . From here on out I'm just gonna hide your comments.

J-Master posted: »

Why do you even care who I am? I'm simply just stating the facts that you just spill troll comments and act like a prick about it claiming t

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Yeah, I might have gone a bit too over the top there about the cutting

In fact, I might have taken a little off the the top... of your head

Oh yeah, a really bad haircut-related pun too, I am on a roll today

That was a little over the top . I'm reporting you .

• Not really, I made a comment, you called me a troll because I called you one and you should know that would trigger a lengthy response. Go ahead, I'll still be around.

You are just trying to start a argument . And I'm not gonna give you one . But these little personal attacks of yours need to end . From here on out I'm just gonna hide your comments.

• The Borderlands series are all about sarcasm and humor.

You can't say it didn't at least make you crack a smile!

The finger gun fight tho.....stupidest thing I've ever watch/played. They should have cut that out of the game.

• At least they didn't put

"Too much space."

Or

"Too much Borderlands."

• Borderlands: "Too much guns."

7.8/10

RhysAndLee posted: »

At least they didn't put "Too much space." Or "Too much Borderlands."

• The puns! Cut it out!

Deltino posted: »

Yeah, I might have gone a bit too over the top there about the cutting In fact, I might have taken a little off the the top... of your head Oh yeah, a really bad haircut-related pun too, I am on a roll today

• Did they actually put that?

Borderlands: "Too much guns." 7.8/10

• I'd hope not, lmao.

Did they actually put that?

• Totally seems like something they'd do though.

I'd hope not, lmao.

• "Too much Borderlands"

Lmao, the bad part is that I could see them putting that.

At least they didn't put "Too much space." Or "Too much Borderlands."

• Of course I did.At a few scenes.

The Borderlands series are all about sarcasm and humor. You can't say it didn't at least make you crack a smile!

• Well it was Greg Miller reviewing that episode and he absolutely despises Ben.

Wait a second, did they REALLY said "too much Ben" in Around Every Corner? Tf? Now developing a character is a con. Lmao.

• edited August 2015

[removed]

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

Are you fucking mental?

Don't hop on a forum and tell people what they should or shouldn't say .

I'll say what I like . Now bugger off.

• edited August 2015

I'll admit what I said was rude and I apologize for the most part. You have ever right to express your opinion. I was going to say something else, but It's hard for to explain in writing, so whatever. Keep expressing your opinion, I'm not going to stop you no matter how much I may disagree.

Are you fucking mental? Don't hop on a forum and tell people what they should or shouldn't say . I'll say what I like . Now bugger off.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

So you didn't feel that ,that scene was a tad bit over done? I'm sure most found it fun and funny . But for me it was hard to watch .

I'll admit what I said was rude and I apologize for the most part. You have ever right to express your opinion. I was going to say something

• edited August 2015

It was overdone, but I felt it was entirely intentional. It was supposed to be stupid and absolutely ridiculous. Not too mention it was like 3 minutes, so even if I hated it I could easily stomach through it like some of TWD's lamer QTE sequences,

So you didn't feel that ,that scene was a tad bit over done? I'm sure most found it fun and funny . But for me it was hard to watch .

• No, really. It probably isn't.

Never even heard of it before this game . But if this is how the base game is then it isn't for me.

• I disrespectfully disagree with everything IGN stands for. Especially their reviews, which are objectively WRONG in many cases, and in other cases are poor reviews based on the reviewer's distaste for the game/series.

I respectfully disagree with the review.

• This enraged me so much I had to make an IGN account and comment. This is what I said:

"If you're going to review a game, pick someone who actually knows shit about it. The fact that you claim there's characters missing from the plot then you mention Athena and Gortys is RIDICULOUS. Gortys is there for nearly the entire game. She has almost as much dialogue as the main characters! Then you mention Athena being absent, but she was JUST DRAGGED AWAY AND KIDNAPPED, and according to events that occurred in other borderlands games (the pre-sequel) she CAN'T PHYSICALLY BE THERE IN THIS EPISODE!

I also disagree with every other point you made here, but this one above is the big one that you guys just objectively got 100% completely wrong. Amateur hour over here."

• which are objectively WRONG in many cases, and in other cases are poor reviews based on the reviewer's distaste for the game/series.

Give me an example or two.

Greenzoid2 posted: »

I disrespectfully disagree with everything IGN stands for. Especially their reviews, which are objectively WRONG in many cases, and in other cases are poor reviews based on the reviewer's distaste for the game/series.

• You mad bro?

Greenzoid2 posted: »

This enraged me so much I had to make an IGN account and comment. This is what I said: "If you're going to review a game, pick someone wh

• Why do you even read IGN reviews...they're usually really really bad.

• Who invited Greg Miller to this thread?

You mad bro?

• I was going to post my opinion, but I haven't played the pre-sequel so maybe it's not valid.

I don't disagree with a lot of what Marty said, I think the was the worst episode of the 4 (although need to start a playthrough based on different previous decisions), and while deriding all of IGn's reviews it might be worth it to point out Marty loved the first three episodes, so if he's an idiot and IGN reviews are garbage, are those wrong too? I understand not liking the site, but the author of the review is an adventure game and Telltale fan so yelling about him not be qualified seems kind of silly.

I still think this is the best series Telltale has done recently, but I do think this was the weakest episode. I agree with some of the reviews points, not all, and have other complaints about the episode (I actually think the biggest problem was there was no direct antagonist present for most of it, and the plan goes surprisingly smoothly so there was less tension, comedic or otherwise). I think the saddest missed opportunity was not giving Finch and Korger a bigger role in the ep. They're with the main character for pretty much the whole game, but they basically don't do or say anything. Their banter has been some of the best, why not have them actually participate in the plan? I'm assuming they'll play some role in the final ep since they're up there on Hyperion with our heroes.

Also, man, I was so disappointed Vaughn wasn't in my first play-through at all. I'd dock points just for that (although it gives me more reason to replay...).

• Finch and Kroger are just stupid and generic goons, they don't need anymore screen time and the episode gave both of them something to do and say anyway.

The plan didn't really go as planned as there was a high chance Rhys was going to get shot right when he first lands on Helios and a couple of other inconveniences and losing Scooter was a pretty BIG DEAL.

• One good example thats fresh, straight from this episode 4 review is the complaint about Gortys and Athena not having enough screen time. Gortys is either present or speaking in a large portion of the episode, so that part is ridiculous. Then also, Athena physically can't be there due to her being elsewhere as shown in TPS.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head but I know that many times I read IGN reviews, they seem to be just making up pros and cons that don't really fit in at all.

which are objectively WRONG in many cases, and in other cases are poor reviews based on the reviewer's distaste for the game/series. Give me an example or two.

• BOSSANOVA DISSAPROVES THESE IGNorant IGN REVIEWS! NOT ENOUGH WUB WUB

• Finch and Kroger are like Richie and Carl from Community, they are a comedic foil based on a hate/love relationship with viewers, so why should they have a bigger role?

• I wouldn't say they're generic goons. But i would have liked to see a bit more of them lol

J-Master posted: »

Finch and Kroger are just stupid and generic goons, they don't need anymore screen time and the episode gave both of them something to do an

• "Not enough gortys"

Huh she was in a LOT of scenes

• Apparently Gamespot had the exact same score and even some of the criticisms were the same.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.