Episode 4 Thoughts? (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• I will feel stupid once I ask this. For that I am sure.......to my only credit....these episodes are a long wait after each one and I only played each once time. Near the end of the episode....I was like....wtf....where is Rhys friend at? The dude with the glasses? He was entirely absent and wasnt even mentioned. I was thinking did he somehow die? But no because Fiona said Scooter was the first casuality.

wtf.

• edited August 2015

This episode was more of a Rhys and Handsome Jack episode honestly and taken on those terms, it was absolutely brilliant. But I felt Sasha and Fiona got enough to do and say in the episode. Finch and Kroger are just stupid henchman that are just there to be humiliated and look stupid, there's no point in giving them more screen time and August not having much screen time is just a nitpick.

LeFedore posted: »

I think the lack of characters was the worst part. Maybe they just couldn't find a way to have them go in too? I dunno. But Loader Bot did n

• Yeah, you're talking about Vaughn, in my playthrough he contacted Rhys saying he was with Cassius in some weird eating fruit but that's all he said. It might be different though if you trusted Fiona in Ep. 2 as he gets shocked.

• Sasha will probably be worried about Rhys having Jack in his head and not telling her about it but it could also be because she thinks he's becoming the next Jack which would give her good reason to be shocked.

• at least the game is not broken.........wait for the 3rd episode in a row. the music did not play during the intro and about half of the dialog did not work. had to have subtitles on to even tell what was going on. please fix this it is getting hard for me to recommend a game that has so many problems.

• I have had literally zero glitches when playing all 4 episodes two times now. Probably not the game's fault, but whatever you're playing it with.

droyal18 posted: »

at least the game is not broken.........wait for the 3rd episode in a row. the music did not play during the intro and about half of the dia

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited March 2016

I'm really not liking this "in the past" narrative because we are now into the 5th episode and there is still so much of the story to be told. We already know that something happens to Sasha and Vaughn, something drives Rhys and Fiona apart, we need to open the vault, we still need to reveal the stranger along with some sort of resolution with him/her/it, and some sort of Rhys and Fiona final confrontation. I hope Telltale knows what they're doing and planned ahead for this because this looks like stuff that should be split into two episodes. They could even extend the season and I would be completely okay with that.

Sasha will probably be worried about Rhys having Jack in his head and not telling her about it but it could also be because she thinks he's becoming the next Jack which would give her good reason to be shocked.

• I may not have liked scooter, because he was annoying, but I teared up when he said it was time for him to catch a ride. :'(

• edited August 2015

I felt kinda bad for Scooter.He was annoying,but he certainly wasn't that douchy annoying type of guy like August.
    I don't get why he had to die ,though?I mean,that's no novelty to Telltale Games ,because as soon as you start liking a character -whooops- there you go ,DEAD,but he's just such a random character who was barely present except for this episode and episode 2,that his death doesn't make sense,even if it was for shock value.

Also,am I the only one who enjoyed playing Vasquez?I'm usually someone who tries to play the good guy (or in my case,girl) but damn I enjoyed calling the guards "ladies" and threatening Yvette that she'd end up in the airlock.That look on her face IT JUST FELT SO GOOD TO BE AN EVIL A**HOLE OMG.

• Don't worry, TellTale know what to do and never fail to disappoint. But with all this hopefully Episode 5 will be pretty long and be a fitting conclusion to the awesome series they have made.

Yellowsno posted: »

I'm really not liking this "in the past" narrative because we are now into the 5th episode and there is still so much of the story to be tol

• Yeah, it was kinda random to kill Scooter as he has played major roles in the original Borderlands games and Borderlands fans who haven't played TFTB will probably wonder why he was killed in a spin-off and not actual game. But I do agree with you about playing as Vasquez it was pretty cool to be the douchey boss guy and just insult people and ruin what's left of Vasquez' reputation (even thought he's dead).

I felt kinda bad for Scooter.He was annoying,but he certainly wasn't that douchy annoying type of guy like August. I don't get why he had t

• I have had ZERO glitches in four episodes. I'm playing the game on a laptop and not only is it not glitching, but it's running perfectly. Fast, efficient, clean. I don't know what the problem is that YOU'RE having, but the game's not broken. Wolf Among Us was way glitchier than this, at least for me.

droyal18 posted: »

at least the game is not broken.........wait for the 3rd episode in a row. the music did not play during the intro and about half of the dia

• Really? I couldn't stop giggling at the face pizza scene; and I'd definitely say the most memorable moments were Scooter dying and the end, depending on what you do (I chose to rule Hyperion, so my episode was pretty damn memorable).
    I honestly don't see a drop in quality; but hey, each to their own.

very dissapointing episode for me ¯_(ツ)_/¯ it just didn't give me the laughs previous episodes did, and the only memorable thing was rhys' qte shootout

• The funniest part is either butt stallion dripping blood, the face pizza party or the finger gun fight with the badass accountant description. LOL :)

I loved it! It completely made up for episode 3! As always, the episodes can use a little less Sasha and a little more Vaughn, but it was awesome. The "hand-gun" fight was the absolute best.

• Guys guys guys, I didn't have the time to read all responses, but, c'mon. Scooter! No body, no proof!!!!!!!!!

Catch a ride to a dramatic reveal in BL3.

• P S. This episode was amazing.

• I trusted Fiona and it was the same.

Yeah, you're talking about Vaughn, in my playthrough he contacted Rhys saying he was with Cassius in some weird eating fruit but that's all he said. It might be different though if you trusted Fiona in Ep. 2 as he gets shocked.

• This episode easily solidified this game as one of my most favorite games of all time. Thanks for that Telltale!

• I rejected Jack through the whole game and choose to rule Hyperion in the end of episode 4. He acts like if we never had any problems. He just mentions something about us "having our differences in the past" and that's all.

Either way... I liked the episode. I felt really bad for Scooter, I think it was a very emotional death. I traded hats with him, I wanted him to know how important he was and how much my Fiona respected him and I thought it was nice that TellTale included that option because it translates that feeling really well.

I felt like some scenes were unnecessarily long, especially the one when Rhys (as Vasquez) "shoots" everybody in the room. That didn't take much away from the episode, though. It was a good episode overall and I had fun playing it. I especially enjoyed playing as Fiona as the guide for the VIP tour. She could come up with some pretty funny things while pretending to be a guide.

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited March 2016

"TellTale know what to do and never fail to disappoint" I think you mean "Never fails to impress" because "never fail to disappoint" means they always disappoint us, and I haven't been disappointed in Telltale for a while.
    Anyway I hear that, Telltale is on the home stretch and I, along with many others, really want this to be a success for them as they seem to have worked hard on this series and it shows.

Don't worry, TellTale know what to do and never fail to disappoint. But with all this hopefully Episode 5 will be pretty long and be a fitting conclusion to the awesome series they have made.

• This episode was epic. My favourite moment was the gunfight with the accountants, I mean WTF, that was the most ridiculous moment I've ever seen, but it was funny. My least favorite part was Scooter's death. That's the only stupid decision made by TTG in this episode.

• Vaughn can appear again if you let Athena kill the doctor.

Yeah, you're talking about Vaughn, in my playthrough he contacted Rhys saying he was with Cassius in some weird eating fruit but that's all he said. It might be different though if you trusted Fiona in Ep. 2 as he gets shocked.

• Oops.... But anyways you know what I means and most people can agree TFTB is one of TT's best games.

Yellowsno posted: »

"TellTale know what to do and never fail to disappoint" I think you mean "Never fails to impress" because "never fail to disappoint" means t

• My main thought is I love Gortys eyes when she is happy :D

• I loved this episode it was definetly the best so far and I love the finger shooting fight that was so funny, it got me really sad though when scooter died, I haven't experienced that much sadness since lee, most borderlands fans like myself will agree with how you killed scooter I mean what an epic way to die. You did I great job couldn't be improved anymore

• As a massive Borderlands fan, seeing Scooter go was really tough. I hope that he turns out to be alive for BL3.

Hats off to the writers for a great Dr. Strangelove reference, even if it can be seen coming a mile away. Great episode. Great writing all around.

• Scooter is dead.. The rocket thing exploded..

mtisi posted: »

As a massive Borderlands fan, seeing Scooter go was really tough. I hope that he turns out to be alive for BL3. Hats off to the writers f

• Why did scooter have to die, I mean loaderbot was just sitting out on the top of the ship anyways.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.