Did we ever really meet Rhys?

I was playing through episode 4 and me and jack were best buddies then i rejected hyperion and he seized control of my body against my will. Considering that he can do that could it be that "Come upon Fiona we can talk about this" from the first episode and all present scene episodes Rhys are actually Jack in full control of Rhys, perhaps even destroying the original Rhys personality and now pretends to be him to lure Fiona into a false sense of security.

Comments

• Jack wasn't in him till he put that drive in his head

• I think he means in the future scenes.

zeke10 posted: »

Jack wasn't in him till he put that drive in his head

• edited August 2015

I doubt it. In episode 1, jack goes "inside rhys" after he plugs in the nakayama drive ( When they escape with the caravan after the vault key deal). Rhys tells the stranger everything that happened since Vasquez killed Henderson so Jack cant know anything about all this since he wasnt with rhys at that time. Unless he can access Rhys's memories or something but I doubt it since the present day rhys acts like the past one, no sight of "Jack-ness"

• Jack wasn't in him

enter image description here

• True and it's not like Helios has video cameras that an ai plugged into the system can access, or rhys has an arm that acts as a communicator to use with helios that jack could pull up old logs with, or that jack could access the past feeds of his eye which probably passively on at all times, or that rhys could have merely told him during any of the offscreen moments in the story.

Tolispro posted: »

I doubt it. In episode 1, jack goes "inside rhys" after he plugs in the nakayama drive ( When they escape with the caravan after the vault k

• Its kinda obvious that Jack isnt there anymore in the future, Rhys still acts like Rhys, and we haven't had any Jack and Rhys things in the future

• yellow eyed rhys introduces us to blue eyed rhys and all. but what if yellow eyed rhys is jack is what im saying.

• True i mean liquid snake's whatever was in ocelot every sing scene in metal gear solid 2 and not lying low. An of course people possessing others dont know how to pretend to be who they are possessing after all.

Poogers555 posted: »

Its kinda obvious that Jack isnt there anymore in the future, Rhys still acts like Rhys, and we haven't had any Jack and Rhys things in the future

• Not unless Jack has taken to acting like an idiot running around yelling with his hands in the air. A convincing disguise, if he is.

• I believe Holojack could pull it off, Though not the normal handsome jack.

mirashade posted: »

Not unless Jack has taken to acting like an idiot running around yelling with his hands in the air. A convincing disguise, if he is.

• Metal... Gear?

CapnJay posted: »

True i mean liquid snake's whatever was in ocelot every sing scene in metal gear solid 2 and not lying low. An of course people possessing others dont know how to pretend to be who they are possessing after all.

• edited August 2015

what if the stranger scene is a matrix like memory recovery programme rhys is using to remove jack, or just recover his memories after jack messed him up

• Video game. Ridiculously good franchise, and requires a lot of eyepatches, cardboard boxes and classic revolvers.

Metal... Gear?

• edited August 2015

It wouldn't make sense for my game I uploaded him into the Hyperion Network.

• Oh believe me amigo I know all about it, I'm anxiously waiting for MGS V.

And since you're apparently a MGS fan too, "You're pretty good."

Sorry, can't stop myself...

LawmanZero posted: »

Video game. Ridiculously good franchise, and requires a lot of eyepatches, cardboard boxes and classic revolvers.

• Well, not exactly a fan, but I enjoy the series, appreciate what it has given to the industry and watching my friend play it.

I actually watched him fight Senator Armstrong. It was friggin' hilarious.

Oh believe me amigo I know all about it, I'm anxiously waiting for MGS V. And since you're apparently a MGS fan too, "You're pretty good." Sorry, can't stop myself...

• And alcohol to drink yourself stupid so you don't get permanent facepalmitis over the writing. Some of the best 3rd person mechanics i've ever seen but gods damn that writing and dialogue is awful beyond belief >.< Thank gods for the ability to skip cutscenes/dialogue :p

Video game. Ridiculously good franchise, and requires a lot of eyepatches, cardboard boxes and classic revolvers.

• edited August 2015

Nanomachines, son!

enter image description here

Well, not exactly a fan, but I enjoy the series, appreciate what it has given to the industry and watching my friend play it. I actually watched him fight Senator Armstrong. It was friggin' hilarious.

• And then he hugs Raiden out of nowhere.

A_Great_Guy posted: »

Nanomachines, son!

• "This is good, isnt it..."

Fuckin man tears, bruh.

Oh believe me amigo I know all about it, I'm anxiously waiting for MGS V. And since you're apparently a MGS fan too, "You're pretty good." Sorry, can't stop myself...

• Armstrong was so freaking ridiculous. I loved it.

And then he hugs Raiden out of nowhere.

• I think this'd be pretty interesting, unlikely but interesting.

• To be fair i Loaderbotted Jack [To side against but eventually win back] up until the end then i rejected him he possesed rhys arm and mouth and forced him to upload him anyway and lie to fiona about everything ok using his mouth with as muh ease as when he possessed rhys if you allowed him access and got knocked out .[because i didnt think sasha would except rhys if he stayed with hyperion]

"You're a Maniac. "
    "No i'm HANDSOME GODDAMN JACK!!!!!"

Pyro-Toxin posted: »

It wouldn't make sense for my game I uploaded him into the Hyperion Network.

• Oh, damn.

CapnJay posted: »

yellow eyed rhys introduces us to blue eyed rhys and all. but what if yellow eyed rhys is jack is what im saying.

• I looked at his character page on TV Tropes, and he appears to be the friendliest antagonist so far, tied with Ocelot (when he's being evil again.)

A_Great_Guy posted: »

Armstrong was so freaking ridiculous. I loved it.

• Overall, he was kinda chummy, but don't let that fool you. He was a pretty huge scumbag. I liked that though. I genuinely felt like, " man, you and I. We could be pals, if only you weren't such an asshole."

I looked at his character page on TV Tropes, and he appears to be the friendliest antagonist so far, tied with Ocelot (when he's being evil again.)

• No way, Jack got definitively out of Rhys' head at the end of Ep 4.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.