IGNs Ep4 review - Ignorance at its finest (Spoilers)

Comments

• Except that Gamespot couldn't even enjoy the shootout...

J-Master posted: »

Apparently Gamespot had the exact same score and even some of the criticisms were the same.

• Because if they're not interacting with the player characters, they shouldn't be there. If they aren't supposed to play a role, either don't send them on the mission (or with Rhys in the intro), or send an actual generic goon.

They're the only other two characters with the group in the game that are named at all. Vaugh is gone, Athena is gone, and Loader Bot doesn't participate for the most part. Three of the "team" that existed in ep 3 and earlier are no longer present. This is pretty much the first time that one of the characters, Rhys, does not have anyone with him at all (except Jack) for most of the game. It makes it more dull. Even on the Fiona side during the time on Hyperion, Gortys doesn't really do anything (very adorable, but she doesn't really have interactions that do more than just have a joke about her naivete). So far this games comedic strength comes from it's character interactions, I mean, that's why these characters are at the hear. I feel like this ep lacked a lot of the great interactions that the first three did.

It's not like I hated it or it had no good moments, I just thought it wasn't as strong.

Finch and Kroger are like Richie and Carl from Community, they are a comedic foil based on a hate/love relationship with viewers, so why should they have a bigger role?

• Read their Uncharted review. They're a fucking joke and fecal matter that should be scrubbed from the ass of the internet

which are objectively WRONG in many cases, and in other cases are poor reviews based on the reviewer's distaste for the game/series. Give me an example or two.

• Hey, if you're worried...that finger gun fight doesn't happen in any game other than Tales.

Do some research, please. Just...check out the games, dammit!

Cope49 posted: »

Never even heard of it before this game . But if this is how the base game is then it isn't for me.

• Are you trying to get rid of me???

LawmanZero posted: »

Hey, if you're worried...that finger gun fight doesn't happen in any game other than Tales. Do some research, please. Just...check out the games, dammit!

• ...No. I'm just saying you shouldn't say that a game is stupid because of one scene.

Cope49 posted: »

Are you trying to get rid of me???

• I was referring to just that one scene..

LawmanZero posted: »

...No. I'm just saying you shouldn't say that a game is stupid because of one scene.

• Which one?

Clemenem posted: »

Read their Uncharted review. They're a fucking joke and fecal matter that should be scrubbed from the ass of the internet

• Then also, Athena physically can't be there due to her being elsewhere as shown in TPS.

That still doesn't mean that part shouldn't be criticized considering how she played a promising role as a supporting character in Rhys and Fiona's story.

Greenzoid2 posted: »

One good example thats fresh, straight from this episode 4 review is the complaint about Gortys and Athena not having enough screen time. Go

• I did.

Forsoothe posted: »

Who invited Greg Miller to this thread?

• To troll most likely.

TheJack posted: »

Why do you even read IGN reviews...they're usually really really bad.

• They can't change what is already canon in the borderlands universe though, that would be ridiculous.

Then also, Athena physically can't be there due to her being elsewhere as shown in TPS. That still doesn't mean that part shouldn't be criticized considering how she played a promising role as a supporting character in Rhys and Fiona's story.

• a 6/10 is actually good

• edited August 2015

calm down jeesus

Greenzoid2 posted: »

This enraged me so much I had to make an IGN account and comment. This is what I said: "If you're going to review a game, pick someone wh

• My comment was made more out of incredulity than of anger. But I understand how thats probably hard to tell in text form.

calm down jeesus

• Well go back to IGN

I did.

• Or to call them on their bullshit

To troll most likely.

• 6/10 is more so "just above average" which this episode blew way past.

a 6/10 is actually good

• edited August 2015

I've said this before and people wondered what I meant, but:

How many games tend to score below a 6/7 out of 10?

Not many, despite 5 representing an 'average' rating, thus giving the feeling that this is a low score. It's unfortunate really as many adventure games receive below an 8. I don't know why really, as I'd personally review each title with the genre in mind.

At least it feels like very games score below a 6/7 anyway, giving the impression the full rating range isn't used.

KJay25 posted: »

6/10 is more so "just above average" which this episode blew way past.

• I would give this episode a 8.5/10 or higher. I loved it so much.

a 6/10 is actually good

• IGN probably thinks that a 6/10 is just too high...

a 6/10 is actually good

• Nah bro, I'm cool here.

Well go back to IGN

• Nah bro, its mostly to troll.

Or to call them on their bullshit

• Disliking IGN and how corrupt they have been = Trolling

No..

Nah bro, its mostly to troll.

• Wouldn't mind the 6/10 score, since it's still means it's a okay game (episode), but the constant negative remarks during the video was the infuriating part. Some were inaccurate and not a whole lot of positive things were mentioned and there was a lot of cool stuff in this episode. Lame review, but luckily I don't let folks tell me what to think.

• Let me fix that for you bro.

Dislikes IGN yet goes on the site to shit on reviews some of which only because he or she does not agree with them = ignorant trolling.

Disliking IGN and how corrupt they have been = Trolling No..

• So wheres the gamespot thread? They gave it a 6.

• Troll?
    Well you dont even know what a troll is then.
    I made a post with good argumentation. Thats not trolling.

To troll most likely.

• If they don't agree it means they've seen the review therefor they are not ignorant. Find a dictionary and use it.

Let me fix that for you bro. Dislikes IGN yet goes on the site to shit on reviews some of which only because he or she does not agree with them = ignorant trolling.

• In that case I wasn't referring to you.

Lewt_Shogun posted: »

Troll? Well you dont even know what a troll is then. I made a post with good argumentation. Thats not trolling.

• Guess you didn't read my comment carefully. The idea of not agreeing with a review is not ignorant. But shitting on the review and being an ass to the reviewer just because you didn't agree with his or her points is ignorant trolling, which is what alot of posters on IGN do. Its either " too much (insert)" or "Well if this was Call of Duty" responses.

BipedalP posted: »

If they don't agree it means they've seen the review therefor they are not ignorant. Find a dictionary and use it.

• Telltale didnt pay them enough

7.8/10 too much outer space

• It may be trolling but it is not ignorant. It does not fit the definition of 'ignorant.'

Guess you didn't read my comment carefully. The idea of not agreeing with a review is not ignorant. But shitting on the review and being an

• Let me ask an honest question. Is there any website that actually is good at reviewing video games? Like that one guy known as Adam Sessler?

• It's scoring higher than episode 3 on metacritic as of now so who cares?

IGN and Gamespot are pretty much the two worse review sites anyway.

• That means that most reviewers share our opinion luckly.

bocajbee posted: »

It's scoring higher than episode 3 on metacritic as of now so who cares? IGN and Gamespot are pretty much the two worse review sites anyway.

• I personally like Jim Sterling's reviews. He gave this episode a 9/10, and generally seems a lot more competent in general then IGN.

Let me ask an honest question. Is there any website that actually is good at reviewing video games? Like that one guy known as Adam Sessler?

• who the fuck even cares about ign's reviews nowadays? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I want more finch and kroger:(

Finch and Kroger are like Richie and Carl from Community, they are a comedic foil based on a hate/love relationship with viewers, so why should they have a bigger role?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.