S&M's Puzzles too easy for ya? Wrap your brain around this!

edited February 2007 in General Chat
http://www.ouverture-facile.com

Now THIS is a challenge. I came across this today, it's quite fun. Don't let the first couple of puzzles fool you, it gets very difficult very quickly, but the solutions are always logical, even if you have to think a little differently than usual to figure it out.

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Fun, I stopped when it starts asking you to record sounds and whatnot--IE when it starts becoming more work than fun. (I already opened Notepad! I already used Google!)
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Oh my god... I can't get past lvl 2. It seems soo simple! I finished the puzzle. I clicked above the arrow, i pressed my up arrow, i typed up, I EVEN looked up at the ceiling and then made sure no one saw that. The stupid forum help told what I already knew. Please help!
  • edited February 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Oh my god... I can't get past lvl 2. It seems soo simple! I finished the puzzle. I clicked above the arrow, i pressed my up arrow, i typed up, I EVEN looked up at the ceiling and then made sure no one saw that. The stupid forum help told what I already knew. Please help!

Yeah, it's way more simple than that (and annoyingly so)--
    the arrow is pointing at the address bar of your browser
    edited February 2007
    numble wrote: »

is that supposed to mean change the url? cause thats what i did. also... lvl 3? help? :)
    edited February 2007
    YES! nvm
    I got it
  • edited February 2007
    Hahaha, I was stuck on that one for awhile too.
  • edited February 2007
    Hmmm... this looks familiar...

Try this one on for size:

http://deathball.net/notpron/
  • edited February 2007
    Yeah, NotPr0n is the same concept, also very fun.
  • edited February 2007
    fun, until the password.mp3 froze up firefox. Stupid Vista.
  • edited February 2007
    numble wrote: »

Haha, that one was genius :D
  • edited February 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    Haha, that one was genius :D

I loved the solution to Level 6, it's one of those "so obvious that you want to slap yourself after figuring it out" ones.
  • edited February 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I loved the solution to Level 6, it's one of those "so obvious that you want to slap yourself after figuring it out" ones.

Unless you grew up watching Captain Planet, in which case
    you think the answer is "wind" or even worse--"heart."
  • edited February 2007
    That was indeed my first guess :P

THE POWER IS YOURS!!! *flies to another thread* :P
  • edited February 2007
    man...that poor kid really got the short straw when he was given the heart ring.

Fire!! Earth!!! Wind!!...and...er...the power of heart?! :(
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    *sings and dances* Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero...

Anyway, speaking of S&M being too easy, I think you masochistic puzzle junkies might enjoy this game. It's episodic, but it took me forever to finish...
  • edited February 2007
    let's merge this with the puzzle thread. I created that thread for posts like this.
  • edited February 2007
    Squinky wrote: »
    *sings and dances* Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero...

Anyway, speaking of S&M being too easy, I think you masochistic puzzle junkies might enjoy this game. It's episodic, but it took me forever to finish...

That looks really stylish, I'll have to give it a try, even though it looks like the kind of game that causes broken windows via keyboards thrown through them :P
  • edited February 2007

This isn't a game. A game has well-defined boundaries, a context and a goal. This is all kinds of random bull.
  • edited February 2007
    I never said it was a "game", but nice to meet you too.
  • edited February 2007
    I never said it was a "game", but nice to meet you too.

Kinda hard to compare it to Sam & Max, which in turn is a game, though it may be a bit on the easy side of things.
  • edited February 2007
    Sorry, I thought you were just being a dick, I'm a little stressed is all. (Working on a game myself, and at this early stage, the project is quite daunting)

I was just looking for an eye-catching title :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Sorry, I thought you were just being a dick, I'm a little stressed is all. (Working on a game myself, and at this early stage, the project is quite daunting)

I was just looking for an eye-catching title :P

You need to get used to Kingz. He means well. Well, he probably means death, but he means it in the nicest way.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
    Did he always have that avatar? God, I feel dense. I didn't connect Kingsley and Kingz... D'oh!
  • edited February 2007
    I'm stuck in Level 6... :( Help, anyone?
  • edited February 2007
    ALT+97 = a
  • edited February 2007
    Thanks! :)
  • edited February 2007
    Oh boy... Level 7:
    at first, I was recording the clue "2 3 c e r d n s - n u r" (sounding like "twentythree surdnsnurr") and played it backwards, expecting to hear some familiar word... :) ... but now, after recording the strange sound given on the page, reversing it and speeding it up twice, I still don't catch what he's saying... it's just too bad quality...
  • edited February 2007
    Hmm--it was okay for me--you're on the right track--try speeding it up just once.
  • edited February 2007
    Alright...
    Speeding it up just once was no good, but instead turning down the recording volume to make it less overdriven (though it still sounded like "knullekayshem" or something stupid at first to me...) :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.