Why even bother? [borderlands experts needed]

This isn't technically a spoiler but heres what I know about Borderlands.

Vault 1- Literally nothing but awakened eridium by opening

Vault 2- A giant fucking monster

Vault 3- A source of alot of information that only Jack actually got to see.

So what freaking Vault set the standard that Vault hunting is worth even putting on your pants for so far it seems each Vault should be called the "Vault of Sodomy" Because it's F**ks the Vault Hunters in the Ass. But everyone is wetting themself over the Vault of the Traveler. If the whole standard keeps up then the VoT is just going to be full of all the socks ever lost in a dryer and not untold riches.

Comments

• edited August 2015

No Vault is exactly the same, some contain treasure, some contain aliens, they all contain something different. For example, the Vault in the Torgue DLC of Borderlands 2 doesn't have an alien in it and contains actual treasure (money, eridium, and weaponry) but will only open when "the champion of Pandora feeds it the blood of the ultimate coward." So yeah, some Vaults are dangerous, but some Vaults do have treasure in them, but we don't know for sure what the Vault holds until it is open, that's why we need to find the Vault of the Traveler and see what's inside, there could be something inside, or there could be nothing, we don't know until we open it.

• All vaults are important and do have treasure.

The Destroyer boosted Pandora's economy. The Sentinel had both loot and info. And the Warrior just dropped tons of beautiful loot.

All vaults have a giant monster, but all of the vaults have been in a fixed location so far. So the Traveler is special, because who knows where it might end up?

And besides, there might be a giant monster inside, but they'll kill it, and there will be tons of sweet loot.

• From what I heard the Destroyer was the first real vault and it's emptiness turned it into the memetic joke of dissappointment.

LawmanZero posted: »

All vaults are important and do have treasure. The Destroyer boosted Pandora's economy. The Sentinel had both loot and info. And the Warr

• The loot after the boss battle is very disappointing.

But for the other games...hardly disappointing at all.

CapnJay posted: »

From what I heard the Destroyer was the first real vault and it's emptiness turned it into the memetic joke of dissappointment.

• Begs the question how did these tales get started if anyone had found one and gotten the infinite riches and what not there'd be proof rather than just stories. I mean you might as well have raised them to be santa claus hunters. Same basic premise.

enter link description here

• For example, the Vault in the Torgue DLC of Borderlands 2

THE BADASS CRATER OF BADASSTIUDE

No Vault is exactly the same, some contain treasure, some contain aliens, they all contain something different. For example, the Vault in th

• The start of the Vault legends was probably from someone who found vault Info and passed on this info to other people as time went on people kept hearing the stories but never actually believed it.
    Vault hunters want money, fame.etc. They heard about the legends when they were kids. People didn't think it was real till Vault Hunters wanted to find out for themselves and found "The Destroyer" and from personal experience it had shit loot. The good that came out of it was the Destroyer's eye which is now the eye of Helios it's very Powerful as shown in The Pre-Sequel. Then other people heard about them and decided "Hey they found something in a vault! If I start Vault hunting I could find better things inside". Other than what I think I don't think it was explained how it started unless I have shit memory.

CapnJay posted: »

Begs the question how did these tales get started if anyone had found one and gotten the infinite riches and what not there'd be proof rather than just stories. I mean you might as well have raised them to be santa claus hunters. Same basic premise.

• You: finishes Ep 5

Telltale: Next time on Borderlands 3...

• Well Maybe Gearbox can have it be that the creators of Vault used Racial Memory to imprint the stories so people would intentionally seek out the vaults. After all for some reason the aliens showed up in TPS and told lilith and company "You'll need every vault hunter you can get." which in theory gives goosebumps to the possibility of a borderlands style reaper invasion involving vaults and vault hunters as an army of commander shepards. But i doubt it'll be that epic.

The start of the Vault legends was probably from someone who found vault Info and passed on this info to other people as time went on people

• Some Vault Hunters just want to go fighting a giant god damn eldritch space monster.

What's wrong with that?

• And all it ends up showing is Tector Hodunk firing his turret.

You: finishes Ep 5 Telltale: Next time on Borderlands 3...

• Eridium was a rich alien artifact, as would be explained in the opening sequence of Borderlands 2. (In plot significance, it brought Handsome Jack closer to Pandora.)

Borderlands 2 Vault Prize was supposed to be the Warrior itself. However, Jack had reclaimed that prize and had ordered it to kill us, in which case, we needed to destroy it. However, the prize we got was locations of many other vaults, which will most likely be a main plot point of Borderlands games to come.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel's Vault Prize was only given to Jack as, 1: he was the commander of the group, and 2: Lilith implanted it into Jack's face.

No one's wetting themselves over the prize at all. In fact, I have seen few threads even discussing the topic of the Traveler.

• Besides the money and loot that spews out after showing your worth to receive the vault treasue, there's also fame and glory. Becoming the ultimate bad ass is usually a dream for most vault hunters. How do you become the ultimate bad ass? Keep opening vaults.

• The First vault was found by Atlas on Wether Prometheas or Eden-6. i actually don't remember wich one of These planets. And the Eridian guardians are Synthetic and a recreation of the Ancient Eridians.

• maaaaaaaan we're on Pandora. Pandora is filled with these Pandora's Boxes.. mysteries waiting to be found and/or killed by! it's just the spirit of that world, man

Sign in to comment in this discussion.