Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Gortys is in Minecraft: Story Mode?

Sweet!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited August 2015

Job just announced that there will be a playable demo at PAX so there will probably lots of information from press and fans who play the game coming up.

enter image description here

• Awesome.

OzzyUK posted: »

Job just announced that there will be a playable demo at PAX so there will probably lots of information from press and fans who play the game coming up. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/634761124488065027

• I hope someone from the forum goes there and give their opinion about the demo. :)

Job just announced that there will be a playable demo at PAX so there will probably lots of information from press and fans who play the game coming up. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/634761124488065027

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

Some users here did for the TftB demo so it's not impossible. Unfortunately, if the last time is any indication, they only allow for written impressions and not videos or screenshots since the game is a work in progress.

I hope someone from the forum goes there and give their opinion about the demo.

• Wolf got a demo at PAX and that didn't come out until October. I thought it would come out in September. Oh well.

• edited August 2015

So excited for the demo at Pax Prime!

• Do you recall when the demo took place? I suppose during August as well?

Wolf got a demo at PAX and that didn't come out until October. I thought it would come out in September. Oh well.

• PAXPrime, so yeah in August

Do you recall when the demo took place? I suppose during August as well?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

According to Google PAX prime 2013 (the PAX that had a Wolf demo) took place from Aug 30-Sep 2, last year they had a demo for TFTB and it took place around the same time.

Do you recall when the demo took place? I suppose during August as well?

• Was Wolf already rated by PAX? If not, September is still possible.

Wolf got a demo at PAX and that didn't come out until October. I thought it would come out in September. Oh well.

• Wolf was rated after PAX.

derrickd95 posted: »

Was Wolf already rated by PAX? If not, September is still possible.

• Oh cool! Too bad i can't go. Even if i could, i would not play the demo, i rather wait till the full game.

• enter image description here

Cringe

• To be fair to the game I'll try it out, I've played minecraft so at least i'll understand it.

• Do You guys think Story Mode gonna have songs in credits or intros like in Tales and TWD2?

• With a possible exception of the first episode, I doubt so. The Tales from the Borderlands intros are supposed to be similar to the intros the actual Borderlands games have.

Do You guys think Story Mode gonna have songs in credits or intros like in Tales and TWD2?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

Reminder of Forum Guideline 1.3

1.3 Please try to keep off topic posts to a minimum. If you decide to discuss something off topic, consider making a new topic instead. If you think a certain topic is not worth discussing, don't try to destroy the ongoing discussion with arguments, off topic posts, ironic jokes, excessive use of pictures/gifs/videos, or anything else that will derail the thread. Just refrain from posting in that thread, or flag any posts if necessary.

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. Thanks!

Cringe

• But maybe in the credits then? Like in The Walking Dead 2?

With a possible exception of the first episode, I doubt so. The Tales from the Borderlands intros are supposed to be similar to the intros the actual Borderlands games have.

• I hope so.

Do You guys think Story Mode gonna have songs in credits or intros like in Tales and TWD2?

• God that makes me SO sad since now I want an episode intro with every Telltale game because of how amazing they made the Tales intros :(

With a possible exception of the first episode, I doubt so. The Tales from the Borderlands intros are supposed to be similar to the intros the actual Borderlands games have.

• edited August 2015

The music from the trailer sounds good and rather...different, hopefully this game has some good music.

• Trailer

The music from the trailer sounds good and rather...different, hopefully this game has some good music.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited August 2015

It looks like Lydia Winters who works at Mojang as a "Brand Director" is going to have a role in the game.

At Minecon she normally hosts the stage shows and some panels so maybe she will be in the game at Endercon doing the same job.

• I guess Game of Thrones is still stuck in my mind...

Smellmeh posted: »

Trailer

• That makes sense. I was going to post that too...

It looks like Lydia Winters who works at Mojang as a "Brand Director" is going to have a role in the game. https://twitter.com/LydiaW

• So, they haven't finished the Voice acting yet? Or it could be for Episode 2...hmm

It looks like Lydia Winters who works at Mojang as a "Brand Director" is going to have a role in the game. https://twitter.com/LydiaW

• Damn, I had no expectations for this. But after watching that trailer I can't wait, I have faith that Telltale'll pull it off.

Not to mention... LEE, IT'S LEE!!!

• its taking so long no one even cares anymore..

• Alright then...

its taking so long no one even cares anymore..

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's taking no longer than The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the borderlands did, they also had trailers long before release and a PAX demo and people love those games so the same could happen with Minecraft Story Mode.

its taking so long no one even cares anymore..

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm pretty sure she is voice acting for episode 1 as it seems way to early for episode 2.

So, they haven't finished the Voice acting yet? Or it could be for Episode 2...hmm

• I wouldn't draw conclusions in either direction. Poker Night 2 was announced then released that same month. Different type of game and all that, but there's no rule saying Telltale has to have the same demo-to-release timeframe every time.

I imagine that they were planning to demo Minecraft at PAX no matter how far along it was. I could see a release happening as early as September or as late as December.

• Telltale wrote a new blog post with info about Minecraft at PAX, amongst other Telltale PAX info:

Team Telltale is about to head off to PAX Prime in Seattle... where we'll be giving you the opportunity to experience the very first public, playable, hands-on beta of Minecraft: Story Mode! This is the first time anyone outside of Telltale and Mojang will get to play part of the season premiere, and the first time we're showing the game outside of the initial trailer that debuted at Minecon several weeks back. If you're at the show, don't miss out on seeing the stuff we've been keeping under wraps!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I wish i could be there :P

Hopefully some players and press give their impressions, there will probably be youtube interviews again like they did for Tales from the Borderlands so we will need to keep an eye on youtube during PAX.

Telltale wrote a new blog post with info about Minecraft at PAX, amongst other Telltale PAX info: Team Telltale is about to head off t

• Can't wait to hear about the first impressions. :)

Telltale wrote a new blog post with info about Minecraft at PAX, amongst other Telltale PAX info: Team Telltale is about to head off t

• So, since it's the beta the episode should be finished. I guess they just have to polish up a few things.

• Why and how would they only just now be doing ep 1 VA when the ep has already been rated?

I'm pretty sure she is voice acting for episode 1 as it seems way to early for episode 2.

• edited August 2015

I hope someone from the forums goes there. Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1 is getting closer everyday! The hype is real!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.