I Still don't trust Jack

Comments

• I told them, too. I figured that they would find out eventually so that it would be better if Rhys was the one to tell them instead of them learning through someone else.

im just happy i told fiona and sasha about jack, im suprised only like 20% told them

• He is obviously a horrible person, I didn't say he was good, but what I mean is that he doesn't betray to those who help him, he rewards them (He helps Nisha to take over Lynchwood, he gives Wilhelm a new robot body, he tells Athena about Cassius due to the death of her sister by Atlas...) with the excepction of Claptrap. He is really ungrateful towards him and he hates all the other units.

So no, I don't consider him a hero, he is not. But I do think that he rewards to those who trust him.

It's just my opinion, of course.

I think the treatment of his daughter says otherwise

• Angel is still a sticking point with me, because I don't know the history there. Something about Angel tells me that what he said about her needing to be controlled and he was trying to protect her was true. Granted how he goes about it is...well yeah, but still. She was already in the system in Borderlands, before the Eridium was exposed, before it would have increased her power. And there is an echo recorder where one of the Hyperion execs talks about the number of deaths involved in keeping the Angel Core running and tells him to shut it down.

I think the treatment of his daughter says otherwise

• He or Claptrap can show up on the ECHO when you find the Double Rainbow easter egg in the Highlands...on huge amounts of weed.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

He looks stoned as fuck

• trust and jack don't go together.

"go along with" is more how i would describe the relationship

• Oh I fully expect him to betray us. I'm actually shocked he didn't betray us immediately once he was freed. Still it was an awesome choice and an epic ending.

• Well I haven't really seen people (especially here) who tried to push their views on others, more like they expressed their views. Though it bothers me a little when he's painted as someone who only meant good and did nothing wrong, but not as much that it bothers me when people want to make Lilith and VHs responsible for everything he did in BL2.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Well I mean, sad as some people really try to push their ideas on others just to make him look like the good guy.

• Give me one to trust him knowing that Rhys is no longer Hyperion employee in the present. And not Hyperion CEO either.

Give me 10 reasons not to trust Jack at this point.

• It's luckily not much around here on the forums, just seen it once where someone was arguing about Jack actually being good. Usually I see it more on YouTube and tumblr

DeityD posted: »

Well I haven't really seen people (especially here) who tried to push their views on others, more like they expressed their views. Though it

• Apparently he was on uppers for 70% of his time on Helios... Maybe 80%... 90% of the time...

Jack won't betray me! He's like my bestest friend! Right Jack? ...Right?!

• "Trust" and "Jack" should not be used in the same sentence. I mean, possessing Rhys and acting like a dick towards his friends is pretty nasty. Possessing Rhys to take over Hyperion is even worse. Needless to say, I don't consider him to be very trustworthy.

• Just need to point out here; he didn't posses Rhys, Phys stuck him in his own head. Jack had no control where he was going to end up once he died. And in MY story Rhys accepted Jack's offer willingly. It was what he told Jack he wanted on top of the caravan, and Jack delivered.

Unheroic_ posted: »

"Trust" and "Jack" should not be used in the same sentence. I mean, possessing Rhys and acting like a dick towards his friends is pretty nas

• The 20th August one where he says 'I lied about everything' is in the game??

That's actually in the game (not cut dialogue like the blog says so). But, anyway...

• Holy fuck. I knew he was fishy the second he appeared.

That's actually in the game (not cut dialogue like the blog says so). But, anyway...

• They can if they are exactly in that order and preceded by the word "Don't".

Unheroic_ posted: »

"Trust" and "Jack" should not be used in the same sentence. I mean, possessing Rhys and acting like a dick towards his friends is pretty nas

• In the Borderlands universe you can only trust T.K. and Scooter..and they are both dead. Well Loader Bot and Gortys, I would trust them too, but no fleshy or former fleshy.

richforce posted: »

They can if they are exactly in that order and preceded by the word "Don't".

• WAIT WHAT

Flog61 posted: »

The 20th August one where he says 'I lied about everything' is in the game??

• WAIT I MADE A MISTAKE I THINK

Holy fuck. I knew he was fishy the second he appeared.

• I THOUGHT THE OP WAS TALKING ABOUT THE STRANGLING FIONA ONE OH GOD IVE MADE A WOOPSIE

Holy fuck. I knew he was fishy the second he appeared.

• WAIT I DIDN'T HEAR THAT ONE, I THOUGHT THEY MEANT THE STRANGLING FIONA ONE OH JESUS

THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT IN THE GAME

Flog61 posted: »

The 20th August one where he says 'I lied about everything' is in the game??

• Rip lel.

I THOUGHT THE OP WAS TALKING ABOUT THE STRANGLING FIONA ONE OH GOD IVE MADE A WOOPSIE

• Undead for TK

In the Borderlands universe you can only trust T.K. and Scooter..and they are both dead. Well Loader Bot and Gortys, I would trust them too, but no fleshy or former fleshy.

• Unless you've been entirely complacent with him so far, he's shjown no reason TO trust him?

• I mean echo logs show him treating her poorly back when she was a very young child, and even if she was 'dangerous' he used her as a human battery and a personal assistant against her will to the point where she begged people to kill her to stop him. There's no excuse for his actions what-so-ever towards her.

Angel is still a sticking point with me, because I don't know the history there. Something about Angel tells me that what he said about her

• I don't trust him, I just don't want to piss him off.

• God dammit... you made me completely regret rejectic Hyperion...

I hope you're happy.

rino90 posted: »

well there was no choice but to trust. I know he could control my hand and plug the port in anyway because he controlled the hand before, be

• For me it was pretty obvious that he's going to betray Rhys no matter what you say and do in the game. But that's probaby because I played BL 2 and BL:PreSequel. Add to it the fact that Telltale's games always have the same ending despite choices...yeah it's pretty obvious.

• Um..Have you played TWD s2?

For me it was pretty obvious that he's going to betray Rhys no matter what you say and do in the game. But that's probaby because I played B

• No, I didn't. I did hear that the ending can be somewhat different, though. Still, it's only one example of a Telltale game with different endings where there are many Telltale games with only one ending. That's why I consider it an exception not a rule. There is also the fact that Tales from the Borderlands was confirmed to be a bridge to BL 3. So more endings than one isn't really an option.

ZapThroat posted: »

Um..Have you played TWD s2?

• Oh no, I don't say he's a good guy at all. I would just like to know the background, and I take him at his word that he thought what he was doing was protecting her and she was really happy being locked up. Doesn't mean he was right in any way, just want to know why he believed it.

krablord posted: »

I mean echo logs show him treating her poorly back when she was a very young child, and even if she was 'dangerous' he used her as a human b

• Did you play Borderlands 2?

• Pandora is a horrible planet he is the hero.

I'll give you one. He considers himself the hero of BL2.

• Well not entirely I'll just repeat the quote Rhys says if you choose the Fix Pandora dialogue option at the end of episode 4:
    "I'd fix Pandora. There's some good people down there-they deserve better than a world full of psychos."

Pyro-Toxin posted: »

Pandora is a horrible planet he is the hero.

• And Jack was trying to fix Pandora.

TheGeek11 posted: »

Well not entirely I'll just repeat the quote Rhys says if you choose the Fix Pandora dialogue option at the end of episode 4: "I'd fix Pandora. There's some good people down there-they deserve better than a world full of psychos."

• By killing innocents, exploiting his daughter, and misleading vault hunters? That sounds more like harming then saving.

Pyro-Toxin posted: »

And Jack was trying to fix Pandora.

• I haven't trusted this dude since I played the Pre-Sequel.

I played the Pre-Sequel before Borderlands 2.

• You can trust Handsome Jack to look after his own interests and to brutally destroy anything and everybody that go against those interests. He might, in his own special Jack way, like Rhys who hasn't been a d***k to him throughout the game and takes the offer of presidency but i don't doubt for a second that he wouldn't kill Rhys even then the second he stops being amusing to him.

• This.

There has to be a canon ending going into BL3 and it makes far more sense that the 'good' Jack ending ultimately goes the way of the 'bad' one (i.e. he betrays you regardless of your choices), than the other way round.

The only other alternate to make it clear cut is for Jack to die/get deleted etc. - but I just don't understand why they would go through the rather convoluted process of effectively resurrecting him only to be back where we were at the end of BL2 (but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part)...

No, I didn't. I did hear that the ending can be somewhat different, though. Still, it's only one example of a Telltale game with different e

• edited August 2015

I feel as though he'll end up enslaved, like Angel was, and forced to play her role in BL3.

Or at least.....I'm hoping. It's really the only way I can see this going where he survives. If he was just going to be the main villain again, it'd feel much too repetitive..............of course, I'm almost certain he'll find ways to screw you over in BL3, even IF he's forced to play your guardian angel (like deliberately leading you into danger, and then laughing as you scramble to survive).

Handsome Jack: "Heh. "Angel". You get it? Like when I said "Jack in", and it was funny, because I included "Jack", in the sentence?"

Universe at large, sighing: "Yes, Jack, we get it............."

This. There has to be a canon ending going into BL3 and it makes far more sense that the 'good' Jack ending ultimately goes the way of th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.