helios/elpis dissapeared?

in the last patch they removed helios from episode 1 in the currect time scene
https://40.media.tumblr.com/7580bc289003216960b871958f488406/tumblr_inline_ntf2qhpojF1rdfpw9_540.jpg
as you can see at pretty much any video in the internet, helios was behind the stanger in episode 1 first 5 minutes

so what does that means?

Comments

• edited August 2015

Perhaps it gets blown up. It would explain the piece of Gortys we find that crashed through a rock, and would explain the meteor shower too I guess.

OH HOLY SHIT.

IT'S GETTIN' BLOWED UP GUYS.

• edited August 2015

Shit, they really shouldn't have done that. It doesn't necessarily mean that they blew up/disappeared, though.

After Jack takes control, the center of Helios turns yellow. The fact that it's still blue in the future would suggest that he lost power, and they might not want to spoil that one way or another.

• Or they just didn’t know they’d be making him control Helios when they first made ep1.

Piggs posted: »

Shit, they really shouldn't have done that. It doesn't necessarily mean that they blew up/disappeared, though. After Jack takes control,

• make sense, though its pretty obvious jack isnt going to keep his power. the way marcus tells episode 1 intro kind of suggest he is gone forever "died trying to call pandora his own" unless they changed the story which is can be by the wait times, unfitting achievement names and episode screenshot changes.
    and i really doubt gearbox will ever allow them to blow up an entire planet and hyperion

Piggs posted: »

Shit, they really shouldn't have done that. It doesn't necessarily mean that they blew up/disappeared, though. After Jack takes control,

• TFtB is meant to lead straight into BL3, and will be 100% canon, so Hyperion and Elpis could very well get blown up.

make sense, though its pretty obvious jack isnt going to keep his power. the way marcus tells episode 1 intro kind of suggest he is gone for

• also i just realise episode 4-5 takes place as athena tells her story, no way nobody will be commenting on a planet getting blown up behind them

• no shit, i never said game isnt canon. gearbox wouldnt let them blow an entire developed planet AND hyperion. its pretty much letting them kill 30% of the game lore for no reasone. a huge event like this is probably never going to happened but for sure not in a side content.

derrickd95 posted: »

TFtB is meant to lead straight into BL3, and will be 100% canon, so Hyperion and Elpis could very well get blown up.

• TFtB is not a side game though. Its purpose is connecting the 3 previous games to BL3, as well as setting up BL3's story. If Gearbox needs Helios and Elpis to explode for BL3, it very well could happen in Tales.

no shit, i never said game isnt canon. gearbox wouldnt let them blow an entire developed planet AND hyperion. its pretty much letting them k

• Gearbox was in extensive conversation with Telltale through the script writing process and fully supports anything they have done in the story. That part is clear.

no shit, i never said game isnt canon. gearbox wouldnt let them blow an entire developed planet AND hyperion. its pretty much letting them k

• The present scenes seem to be quite a bit in the future, as we see that town abandoned and corpses rotted to the bone. So we know quite a bit of time has passed.

also i just realise episode 4-5 takes place as athena tells her story, no way nobody will be commenting on a planet getting blown up behind them

• Hmm... I dunno. I don't think they'd blow up Helios. Helios is freaking huge. Like just as big, or nearly as big, as Elpis. Wouldn't blowing it up cause an insane amount of space debris to rain down onto Pandora, killing who knows how many?

I think the removal has something to do with the light of Helios changing colors. I just can't see something as drastic as blowing up Helios or Elpis happening.

• Someone Needs to Check if they disappeard in the other Episodes too. It could be a Bug, though.

• Lol Rhys' first day as President and he blows the whole place up? Oh...that...seems pretty likely, actually.

• thats why they would plan it since episode 1 if they was going to do something as blow up ailpis and hyperion, dont you think? they didnt went like "yknow what thats the final episode lets blow up a planet and the universe biggest company"

Greenzoid2 posted: »

Gearbox was in extensive conversation with Telltale through the script writing process and fully supports anything they have done in the story. That part is clear.

• that was the only scene we saw helios. unlikely to be a bug they dont even need to touch old episodes when adding a new one

GSSalvador posted: »

Someone Needs to Check if they disappeard in the other Episodes too. It could be a Bug, though.

• It's hinted that the future scenes are a year later, if I recall correctly.

also i just realise episode 4-5 takes place as athena tells her story, no way nobody will be commenting on a planet getting blown up behind them

• acording to unused audio its a year after the vault key deal, but that has nothign to do with what i said. i was talking about the flashback scenes in episode 4-5, not the real time scenes

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It's hinted that the future scenes are a year later, if I recall correctly.

• dosent matter, it IS a side content. its not borderlands 3 its a set up for borderlands 3. thats what i mean by side content. blowing up ailpis and hyperion would be a huge event in the borderlands lore

derrickd95 posted: »

TFtB is not a side game though. Its purpose is connecting the 3 previous games to BL3, as well as setting up BL3's story. If Gearbox needs Helios and Elpis to explode for BL3, it very well could happen in Tales.

• I don't get how its side content if, like how he said, is leading directly into BL3. Do you call an opening to a movie side content because it leads into the main plot?

dosent matter, it IS a side content. its not borderlands 3 its a set up for borderlands 3. thats what i mean by side content. blowing up ailpis and hyperion would be a huge event in the borderlands lore

• enter image description here

no the opening of the movie is part of the movie, this game was made to be a set up for bl3.

Talimancer posted: »

I don't get how its side content if, like how he said, is leading directly into BL3. Do you call an opening to a movie side content because it leads into the main plot?

• It's not side content. It's basically a Borderlands game, but they partnered with Telltale and didn't make it an FPS.

dosent matter, it IS a side content. its not borderlands 3 its a set up for borderlands 3. thats what i mean by side content. blowing up ailpis and hyperion would be a huge event in the borderlands lore

• A year later? How do they remember all of this a year later? I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It's hinted that the future scenes are a year later, if I recall correctly.

• such a cool discovery... man... to everybody who thinks that the removal of the background Elpis and H station is because of the H's eye color... wouldn't Telltale just change the Helios's light color with the patch, if they're going to release a patch anyway?
    The object is gone for a reason, unless the thing up there was an art asset that couldn't be changed.
    Elips, a while moon disappearing, seems impossible though. Too big and weird of a catastrophe... damn intriguing stuff.

• they likely removed it only because it would be a spoiler for episode 4. Not the hugest one, but a possible spoiler nonetheless. Either way, the old Helios looked wrong, since it missed the yellow sheen caused by Jack, so it had to be removed either way.

• I really hope that it doesn't get destroyed. I'd like to think that's it's protected by the fact that Elpis is also gone, and removing the entire moon is surely quite extreme, especially for those that inhabit it.

• Probably a rewrite. It's also possible that Jack, after taking over the internal workings of the station itself, "moved it" or something.

• Wouldn't blowing it up cause an insane amount of space debris to rain down onto Pandora, killing who knows how many?

You mean just like exactly what happened in the beginning of ep 4? O_O

(But seriously, I'm thinking it's more to do with the eye changing colour, and TT were just removing the inconsistency.)

Deadpoolian posted: »

Hmm... I dunno. I don't think they'd blow up Helios. Helios is freaking huge. Like just as big, or nearly as big, as Elpis. Wouldn't blowing

• their story is probably not as detailed as the flashback were playing but athena remembered the pre sequel story years after

A year later? How do they remember all of this a year later? I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.

• Ha, I think Helios debris would have been waaaay more hellish than that little meteor shower... like the 'planet destroying' kind of hellish. :P

(But seriously, I hope it really is just the eye color thing. I'm not really a fan of the possibility of Helios/Hyperion being gone for good, haha...)

Wouldn't blowing it up cause an insane amount of space debris to rain down onto Pandora, killing who knows how many? You mean just l

• TalimancerTalimancer Banned
    edited August 2015

nice meme, really helps to show I'm the stupid one. But the opening to a movie, more often that not does not feature the main plot. It's a setup. Just like how Tales can lead into BL3 by setting the world as to how it will be. Plus you seem to forget that it isn't just telltale working on the game, they're working with Gearbox and with Andy. So if they want to make Hyperion explode then it will happen, Telltale are not just going around slap happily changing Borderlands lore, they're doing it with Gearbox

no the opening of the movie is part of the movie, this game was made to be a set up for bl3.

• do i really need to explain this to you? this game isnt part of borderlands 3 campaing therefore its not like a starting of movie, its a set up from borderlands 2 to borderlands 3. and thats in my eyes side content you can disagree all you want.

now you do realise i never said the game isnt canon or that gearbox didnt allowed it right? whats up with you just saying random things out of context? all i said that gearbow wouldnt allow ailpis and hyperion blown up, i dont think they are going to ruin 30% of their writing, and if it would ever happened (unlikely) it will probably happened in borderlands 3 or one of their main games. also you just supported what i said. if telltale has the lore written from the start with gearbox and this lore would be to blow up helios then they why would they show helios in episode 1?

Talimancer posted: »

nice meme, really helps to show I'm the stupid one. But the opening to a movie, more often that not does not feature the main plot. It's a s

• Damn, Athena.

their story is probably not as detailed as the flashback were playing but athena remembered the pre sequel story years after

• athena is something else, she has a superpower that allow her to remember every single detail or something

Damn, Athena.

• Really?

athena is something else, she has a superpower that allow her to remember every single detail or something

• lol probably not, there is no answer to it in game other then becasue magic but who knows.

Really?

• Athena's storytelling takes, at most, a few hours even with the amount of times she has to repeat it. Considering that building rockets isn't instant and that Athena has been captured a while before the construction even starts i'd say the TPS narration happens before/during the voyage to the station and is pretty much over by the time Jack does his thing.

• Helios and Elpis my have been teleported to some ware else's in the galaxy, because of Gordys and the Vault of the Traveler. Maybe Jack's trying to take over the rest of Hyperon or something.

• I agree with Talimancer, if Gearbox wants Helios to explode, it will happen in Tales, Handsome Jack and Hyperion can't be the main antagonists of Borderlands 3, it would be repetitive and lame. Gearbox can surely find other plots for Borderlands 3, and let Tales be the end of the Handsome Jack era. As for Ep 1 showing Helios, it was probably to not give away the plot, in fact now you won't see it anymore,

do i really need to explain this to you? this game isnt part of borderlands 3 campaing therefore its not like a starting of movie, its a set

• edited August 2015

Elpis is a moon, not a planet. And I highly doubt Hyperion is the biggest company in the universe. Other bigger companies don't know of the vaults or stopped chasing after them so they gave up the idea of investing in a shithole of a planet.

thats why they would plan it since episode 1 if they was going to do something as blow up ailpis and hyperion, dont you think? they didnt went like "yknow what thats the final episode lets blow up a planet and the universe biggest company"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.