The Ultimate Crossover Forshadowed?

"Alright kiddos, I know you're all excited to watch the new trailer and whatnot, but there's a lot of unanswered questions about the chronological blah blah blah about this game. So let's just get to it. The story goes something like this, Borderlands (which I wasn't in), Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! (which is where my story starts and is currently available for purchase), followed by Borderlands 2 and now Tales from the Borderlands! Have we got it? Everyone good? Can we START THE FRIGGIN' TRAILER ALREADY!?"

These are the words of Handsome Jack from the Trailer of TFTB so thats the chronology.

So it leads me to one thing as i stare up at helios in the sky one sentence echoes in my ears.

"Hey guys that spy we caught just coughed up the access codes to that hyperion moon base. Anyone wanna go blow up a space station?""

Comments

• So what you're saying is that the Vault hunters will decide to destroy Helios during episode 5? :o

It's possible, given that we haven't seen the moon once in the present with the masked cyclops guy...

• This thought actually really excites me but that cant happen while the gang is there because we see in the present day the moon is still there

• They dont have to destroy elpis they could just blow up helios together. Heck maybe while Shade [my nickname for stranger cause of his dr. gonzo hat] walks wit rhys and fiona they look up to see Helios explode. But the idea of Tina and the vault hunters [with the exception of roland] showing up and laying slaughter into helios while you have to choose priorities help the VH take out helios and get your love interest if you have one back or help jack run off the Vault hunters. either.... I just want Tiny Tina to show up in the final episode not as a major character necessarily. Hell even if it's just at the post credits stinger or pre credits ending would be nice.

TheGeek11 posted: »

This thought actually really excites me but that cant happen while the gang is there because we see in the present day the moon is still there

• Could be we have to escape helios under siege. Just close your eyes and imagine. Lilith, Mordecai, Brick, Tina, Gaige, Axton, Krieg, Maya, Zero, Salvador, Athena, That vault hunter they talked about picking up in the Holodome DLC for the TPS maybe even Moxxi laying Helios on siege.Loaderbot and Gortys meet deathtrap, Lilith is horrified Jack's AI is back, HoloJack learns about Angel, Moxxi Learns about scooter, etc.

literatemax posted: »

So what you're saying is that the Vault hunters will decide to destroy Helios during episode 5? It's possible, given that we haven't seen the moon once in the present with the masked cyclops guy...

• Why would they want to blow up Helios?

• Well it's not the home for the most powerful corporation in the universe.

it's not the home of the destroyers eye.

it's not something that reminds them of handsome jack

it's not armed and capable of moonshots

it's not possessed by jack now.

So nah cant think of any reasons.

Why would they want to blow up Helios?

• Except Jack (and potentially Rhys) run said corporation from said space station that has a massive army of mercs and robots on board.

If Fiona alone, or even Rhys and Fiona, attempted to sabotage and destroy it, they'd be mincemeat in seconds. It'd take a literal army of Vault Hunters to storm Helios under Jack's control.

CapnJay posted: »

Well it's not the home for the most powerful corporation in the universe. it's not the home of the destroyers eye. it's not something

• I just can't wait to find out, no matter what it is.

• It's actually not home of the destroyer's eye.

CapnJay posted: »

Well it's not the home for the most powerful corporation in the universe. it's not the home of the destroyers eye. it's not something

• edited August 2015

The moon and Helios was actually removed from the sky in a recent update in present day scenes! So it's very possible still!

EDIT:L
    Oh we're talking specifically the moon?

TheGeek11 posted: »

This thought actually really excites me but that cant happen while the gang is there because we see in the present day the moon is still there

• Not ANYMORE

It's actually not home of the destroyer's eye.

• If they are really going through with this that would be insanely AWESOME!

• That would be a dream come true.

• I always got the hope we would get to blow up Helios (even if it was still there in the present)

BUT- I want Rhys and Fiona to do it, not the Vault Hunters. It would be a super 'zero to hero' moment for those two.

• Just imagine! All Vault Hunters storming Helios space station while you are trying to escape!

That would be a dream come true.

• Cause it would destroy whats left of Hyperion near pandora

Why would they want to blow up Helios?

• How about both? They could team up to destroy it

Serazone posted: »

I always got the hope we would get to blow up Helios (even if it was still there in the present) BUT- I want Rhys and Fiona to do it, not the Vault Hunters. It would be a super 'zero to hero' moment for those two.

• That would be an entry ticket to the Vault Hunter group :)

By the way the moon and the Helios Space station got patched away and dont appear in the present days anymore - there is another thread discussing this :)

Serazone posted: »

I always got the hope we would get to blow up Helios (even if it was still there in the present) BUT- I want Rhys and Fiona to do it, not the Vault Hunters. It would be a super 'zero to hero' moment for those two.

• I feel like it's going to happen eventually, but I'd actually be really disappointed if it happened in Tales. Just because I think that's something I'd like to feel a part of playing as a vault-hunter in BL3, rather than having it happen in a story-based game where we will pretty much just be watching it happen.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to really cool whenever it does happen, but I want to be playing in FPS as one of the vault-hunters actually doing it. I think it makes more sense to leave it until BL3, and have the big finale of Tales be all about the vault of traveller.

• Fingers crossed to see Maya

Sign in to comment in this discussion.