Handsome Jack: AI vs Original

I love Handsome Jack, but sometimes I remember that the original is dead and it makes me feel sad. It is also makes me feel weird that the Handsome Jack AI is almost completely just like the original, yet you know that it isn't the real Jack.

So what do you think? Do you like the original or the AI better? Or do you consider them one and the same?

Comments

• One and the same, both are egocentric, manipulative, but funny assholes.

• I love Handsome Jack, but sometimes I remember that the original is dead and it makes me feel sad.

enter image description here

But jokes aside, for me they're one and the same. I like AI a little better tho but that's just because we can hang out and interact with him.

• That's like saying whether I like a person or their downloaded hologram better.

• Well only one could actually touch people. The AI can only touch our hearts.

• As Jack was our enemy, and AI Jack is (possibly) our friend, we get to have more interaction with him, which would allow me to take the position of liking AI Jack more.

However, based off of simple character, I like both the same.

• If that were true Rhys' heart would have been on a platter served to Butt Stallion

DoubleJump posted: »

Well only one could actually touch people. The AI can only touch our hearts.

• Same thing different order.

• For some reason I can't see jack making out alive at the end of this, sad to say.

• I like the AI version better, solely because Telltale has a better writing team.

• Agree. Telltale does Handsome Jack better than the Borderlands' writing team.

Piggs posted: »

I like the AI version better, solely because Telltale has a better writing team.

• Original Jack. Just because I love a variety of colours. Give Jack back his colours!

• Same. I think about how he's dead and just remember that the real, living being version of Jack doesn't exist anymore. Only the AI -- basically robot version -- of Jack exists.

I personally like both, though.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited August 2015

Real Jack, because of moments like this.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vK3E1m_tV8A

• I think I love both of them equally. They're both hilarious, psychotic, narcissistic, manipulative assholes who can make you laugh one second and crap your pants the next. Only major difference to me is that AI Jack likes saying "cupcake" instead of "pumpkin". :P

• Real Jack, because I can shoot him.

WHOOPS

• Even though Anthony Burch is one of the writers?

Piggs posted: »

I like the AI version better, solely because Telltale has a better writing team.

• He's blue, da ba dee da ba die...

Original Jack. Just because I love a variety of colours. Give Jack back his colours!

• They're on and the same to me.

There's a far greater gulf between TPS and BL2 Jack than there is between BL2 and AI Jack. We just get to see a different side of him in Tales.

• Didn't he just write like one scene in TFTB EP3 and the jackpedia entries?

J-Master posted: »

Even though Anthony Burch is one of the writers?

• The only difference is one lets you have a conversation with him

• I think he actually did.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Didn't he just write like one scene in TFTB EP3 and the jackpedia entries?

• Oh? Well, he's apparently one of the writers for Episode 4 and he's a damn genius for those Jackapedia entries.

• I like both but I absolutely love all of those AI Jack expressions.

• I believe some one said it was the scene on top of the caravan that he wrote, as well as the Jack-apedia entries. In Episode 4, I would assume he did the Jack-apedia entries again, but he also wrote that one joke about the guards discussing misogynism in corporate executives and how the captain's brother is marrying his boyfriend.

• What I like about Holo-Jack is that, due to his current state of being, he is forced to be a bit more subdued about his murderous nature, in order to gain the trust of Rhys.

It makes it amusing, because clearly he is just as unstable as he always is, but here he seems to genuinely need Rhys to get him back up to Helios, and he's forced to be a bit more sociable than he normally is. And because of this, he can (depending on player choice) end up being very chummy with Rhys. It's the sort of Jack we'd never get if he was still alive, because he would have murdered Rhys in a heartbeat.

That, and the fact that he apparently doesn't know about Angel, yet also feels buried sadness, leads me to believe that he is in denial about her death. That...will be an emotionally exhausting scene, if we get it in the next episode.

• He also wrote the Janey scene in ep 4.

I believe some one said it was the scene on top of the caravan that he wrote, as well as the Jack-apedia entries. In Episode 4, I would assu

• Oh yeah on top of the caravan, and also the scene where Athena is weirded out by Fiona carrying an eyeball around with her. Also when I heard the last one you mentioned I wouldve put my money on that he wrote it. It was so bad that only he could have written something like that. Things like that make me wish he'd just stay out of the writing team honestly.

I believe some one said it was the scene on top of the caravan that he wrote, as well as the Jack-apedia entries. In Episode 4, I would assu

• Yeah, when I heard that originally I thought "That has Anthony Burch written all over it" as well. However, if what Handsome Jack said is true, he did write the Janey scene in the beginning of the episode, and that is a very good scene in my opinion, as was the scene on the caravan.

Oh yeah on top of the caravan, and also the scene where Athena is weirded out by Fiona carrying an eyeball around with her. Also when I hear

• Original because of the eye gauging with a spoon.

• Due to the overwhelming similarities and the final proof after I rejected Hyperion, I see both Jack's, organic and digital, one in the same. They both have the same type of humor and overall their personalities are too identical to say one is better than another.

• I did like the other scenes, but that one was so bad. And the other writers are also doing such a great job that I don't think we need him in there. Good lord, I hope he doesn't write any claptrap scenes and ruins his character again.

Yeah, when I heard that originally I thought "That has Anthony Burch written all over it" as well. However, if what Handsome Jack said is tr

• To be fair, it doesn't look like Claptrap will make an appearance in this game.

I did like the other scenes, but that one was so bad. And the other writers are also doing such a great job that I don't think we need him in there. Good lord, I hope he doesn't write any claptrap scenes and ruins his character again.

• D:

To be fair, it doesn't look like Claptrap will make an appearance in this game.

• Someone from Gearbox said about TFTB that it wouldn't be a Borderlands game without Claptrap. He better wasn't lying!

To be fair, it doesn't look like Claptrap will make an appearance in this game.

• Well with one episode left and the only Claptrap unit that is still alive living in Sanctuary, I highly doubt we will see a living Claptrap appearance in this series (there were some dead ones at the bottom of the trap door in Episode 4).

Someone from Gearbox said about TFTB that it wouldn't be a Borderlands game without Claptrap. He better wasn't lying!

• Excellent point! :)

TonyFedora posted: »

What I like about Holo-Jack is that, due to his current state of being, he is forced to be a bit more subdued about his murderous nature, in

• I think it's very likely we will get to sanctuary at some point though

Well with one episode left and the only Claptrap unit that is still alive living in Sanctuary, I highly doubt we will see a living Claptrap appearance in this series (there were some dead ones at the bottom of the trap door in Episode 4).

• Well AI Jack told us about his daughter... The original would never let us even close to the picture

• Jack's animation is phenomenal, it scares me to think how much different he would have looked if they'd stuck with the original model:

You'd miss all those great expressions/ridiculous faces he pulls.

nohuhhuh posted: »

I like both but I absolutely love all of those AI Jack expressions.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.