The only thing that really bothered me in Episode 4.

I don't know what happened, but somehow the texture for Pandora turned all PS1 Era in Episode 4 for some reason.

It's probably being a bit nit-picky, but it is weird to see such an ugly looking planet in a PS4 game these days. Especially when it looked so great in previous episodes. Which is quite puzzling.

Pandora in Episode 1:

enter image description here

Pandora in Episode 4:

enter image description here

Apart from this but, the episode is absolutely flawless and without a doubt my favourite in the series so far.

Comments

• That's just not it's good side

• Pandora has a good side?

That's just not it's good side

• I believe that's when it gets cloudy, or they're crossing over the frozen areas, like the Fridge, the Southern Shelf, the Windshear Wastes, Gingerton, Three Horns...

• Doesn't explain why it's so low res but.

LawmanZero posted: »

I believe that's when it gets cloudy, or they're crossing over the frozen areas, like the Fridge, the Southern Shelf, the Windshear Wastes, Gingerton, Three Horns...

• Sure! It's the one that you're not looking at! ;)

Pandora has a good side?

• Really? Personally, the only thing that bothered me was that whole "Crawl out of the space ship thing".................why did everyone not just.....die? From depressurization? Hell. why didn't Fi and Scooter die horribly when they shut off their Oz masks to switch hats?

• I assumed the Oz Kits introduce some kind of Invisible shielding that is active around the body.

And near the back of the caravan there was another invisible shield door that doubles as an airlock.

Similar to the airlock shield doors in Halo if you have ever seen them, however, like Halo shields, invisible until they take damage?

J_E_K posted: »

Really? Personally, the only thing that bothered me was that whole "Crawl out of the space ship thing".................why did everyone not

• I guess its low res as its not the side in episode 2 its rotated to show an icy part of the planet I originally thought it looked crap aswell

• Well same thing happens on Elpis in the Pre-Sequel. I'm guessing there's some sort of invisible shield around them in the Oz kits. And when the masks "disappeared" I just thought they connected hence why you can't see em.

Really? Personally, the only thing that bothered me was that whole "Crawl out of the space ship thing".................why did everyone not

• Engine limitations, perhaps?

• In the Pre-Sequel, on Elpis, when you crawl out...you just float. No dying of depressurization.

I'm going to assume that their Oz Kits were the ones in The Pre-Sequel that had high capacity or something. And yes, the invisible airlock shield thing does appear in the Pre-Sequel, too, and it works beautifully.

• I wouldn't think so.

It just looks like a low resolution texture.

Maybe it will be patched.

Engine limitations, perhaps?

• Scooter built in an air-lock. No, really. In some shots before going out of the ship you can see a sign on the roof of the Caravan that says "Air Lock," so there was probably a door/forcefield right on that boundary that activated once Scooter and Fiona stepped out. It's not too terribly noticeable but it's there.

• My problem with that part is why Elpis and Helios look so freaking huge in that picture when they're obviously behind the planet, but from on the surface of Pandora, they look tiny.

• Yeah I had to reprimand myself several times to keep up the suspension of disbelief and just enjoy the story. I have a hard time with that stuff in TV and movies, being a space nerd and having several friends who work for NASA.

In some ways it is easier to go with it in cases like this BECAUSE it's so egregious. I get way more irritated when they get it 85% right, that 15% will bug me a lot more because if you're going to make the effort to adhere to real science, you might as well get it right. In scenes like this where your "spacesuit" is more or less a "face windshield" I can just go "okay so basically magic is a thing in this universe" and accept that. I don't really need a super detailed future-tech explanation.

• There is an airlock at the back of the caravan near the ladder.

• To be fair, Borderlands isn't exactly known for it's realism.

I mean you make a whole city fly in Borderlands 2. That's equally as bizarre.

cussbunny posted: »

Yeah I had to reprimand myself several times to keep up the suspension of disbelief and just enjoy the story. I have a hard time with that s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.