The endoskeleton piece

So I've been thinking a bit...

We saw that hand piece of an "early immortality suit prototype" on Jack's desk. It was just there for the sake of a joke.. wasn't it? Or is that actually something relevant, maybe hinting at his "sweet new body"? I mean why would it be there next to the important photo of Angel. Is there an invincible robot body waiting the AI? Am I overthinking this? What do ya think?

enter image description here

Comments

• Well he could but I don't think that hand will fit into one of his "bodies".

• I was just thinking about this lol. I thought it could have something to do with his new body also but I don't know man

• I thought it was funny that it looks to be a left hand and Rhys has a robo-right. I couldn't help but wonder why exactly Jack had a port that seemed to be perfect for fitting into Rhys' skull and restraints on his chair either. But, you know. Weird.

• It's what I've been thinking too tbh. Jack as an AI in Helios is all but immortal but lacks the ability to physically do things himself. All he needs to do that is some sort of body to do things in, which is what I reckon the endoskeleton is for: he downloads himself in to it, and if/when it suffers damage he simply re-uploads to Helios - he's effectively unkillable basically.

• You know what I think will be important? That Altas document Jack has.

• I bet Fiona will say "That's not how is happened" and go on a rant about how Jack/Rhys totally didn't get that USB in on the first try.

mirashade posted: »

I thought it was funny that it looks to be a left hand and Rhys has a robo-right. I couldn't help but wonder why exactly Jack had a port that seemed to be perfect for fitting into Rhys' skull and restraints on his chair either. But, you know. Weird.

• Yeah, completely unrealistic, everyone knows you have to flip it at least three times to get it to go in.

"But I already tried that way! Oh..."

I bet Fiona will say "That's not how is happened" and go on a rant about how Jack/Rhys totally didn't get that USB in on the first try.

• That was my first thought, too.

And according to some super spoilery deleted lines out there our hunch is correct.

kaza125 posted: »

You know what I think will be important? That Altas document Jack has.

• To be fair, the connector looks less like a usb and more like a... jack plug.

Yeah, completely unrealistic, everyone knows you have to flip it at least three times to get it to go in. "But I already tried that way! Oh..."

• My point still stands... in a way.

To be fair, the connector looks less like a usb and more like a... jack plug.

• It's kind of funny that Jack almost got himself a robo-hand like Rhys did.

• Indestructible, yeah almost... Only if SOMEONES could blow up the entire station of Helios.

enter image description here

It's what I've been thinking too tbh. Jack as an AI in Helios is all but immortal but lacks the ability to physically do things himself. All

• I think that must be some sort of universal port on Helios so Rhys can plug all kindsa hyperion crap into his head, like a human with a usb port so all usb sticks fit in there, you know?

I thought it was funny that it looks to be a left hand and Rhys has a robo-right. I couldn't help but wonder why exactly Jack had a port that seemed to be perfect for fitting into Rhys' skull and restraints on his chair either. But, you know. Weird.

• That's the conclusion I had to come to eventually, especially since Nakayama's ID drive was also fitted for his head(please be mindful of what you download into your mind, Rhys...).

Still incredibly convenient it was attached there. I imagine if it came down from the right side or if it had been on the arm instead of coming down right next to his head there would be some awkward bending to stick it in ;)

SCR4P-TP posted: »

I think that must be some sort of universal port on Helios so Rhys can plug all kindsa hyperion crap into his head, like a human with a usb port so all usb sticks fit in there, you know?

• The restraints was because that was his kinky sex chair.

• Right before this episode I was actually replaying TPS and did the Nakayama missions again. I remember after you do the Handsome AI mission he says something like "clone a body for Jack and put the AI in it" (or something along those lines). Ever since that mission I have always thought that Jack was going to be getting a new body. And this endoskeleton prototype has to be what his new body is made of, right? I dunno why they would put it in his office, and go into detail about it if it was nothing...

And since they use the word immortality I feel that it's basically saying that Jack can never be killed off ever again.

• That's frightening. Exterminator Jack that can't be destroyed D:

Right before this episode I was actually replaying TPS and did the Nakayama missions again. I remember after you do the Handsome AI mission

• I remember when I played the mission and realized how it correlated to TftB.

Right before this episode I was actually replaying TPS and did the Nakayama missions again. I remember after you do the Handsome AI mission

Sign in to comment in this discussion.