Borderlands movie

Sooo.. a borderlands movie was just confirmed on the borderlands twitter account

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/borderlands-videogame-movie-lionsgate-1201580303/
what are your thoughts? I'm a bit skeptical. i feel like videogames and movies don't work together really well. but i'm gonna be optimistic and hope it's not gonna suck :P
I hope that topic is okay here, even though it's not directly about tftbl °o°'

Comments

• Lionsgate? Arent they doing the super show with TTG, too? Anyway it's Awesome. I hope it's good.

• Currently they've only invested in Telltale. If the first super show with the mysterious partner goes well they might make a super show with Telltale.

GSSalvador posted: »

Lionsgate? Arent they doing the super show with TTG, too? Anyway it's Awesome. I hope it's good.

• DAMEON CLARKE FOR HANDSOME JACK OR RIOT

• edited August 2015

I remember somebody posted an article a few months ago with a leaked synopsis of the movie... wish I could find that article. I do recall the article saying that the tone they were going for is a mix of Guardians of the Galaxy and Mad Max. Which sounds perfect, assuming that older article was true.

I know video game movies rarely turn out good, but I would love for a well done Borderlands movie.
    Especially if Dameon Clarke reprises his role for Jack. Although I would imagine the first movie would be Jack-less. :P

Edit- Looks like we're getting more details tonight! 4pm, Pacific time is the panel, and Twitch will have a stream going!

• Yeah, exciting! I opened a thread here when it was announced asking for opinions, everyone agreed that wasn't going to be greenlighted... so this is a twist. x)

I hope they do it right, Borderlands deserves it. I'm open to it, it's not like the idea is 100% bad from the beggining. Some videogames can't really be translated to the big screen successfully, but I think Borderlands has that thing that could work in a movie. We'll have to see.

• DAMEON CLARKE FOR HANDSOME JACK OR RIOT

And Timothy

DAMEON CLARKE FOR HANDSOME JACK OR RIOT

• awesome. bring it.

Then again, rumors of a WoW movie have been around for ages, yet it never saw the light of day even until today...so my hype will be rather low until I get to see the first trailer

• And Timothy's HoloJacks

(Can you imagine it, FOUR Dameon Clarke's on screen at once?!)

dojo32161 posted: »

DAMEON CLARKE FOR HANDSOME JACK OR RIOT And Timothy

• It was me! Here it is.

I agree, it can be amazing if done right!

Deadpoolian posted: »

I remember somebody posted an article a few months ago with a leaked synopsis of the movie... wish I could find that article. I do recall th

• Hyped, but wary. Videogames and Movies have a troubled history, so let's see how it goes.

I'm curious, though. If we had a Tales movie, who would play who?

Gonna throw the first name and cast Kathy Bates as Vallory.

• And more Randy magic!

(oh wait, I'm the only one excited by that, aren't I...?)

I remember somebody posted an article a few months ago with a leaked synopsis of the movie... wish I could find that article. I do recall th

• (oh wait, I'm the only one excited by that, aren't I...?)

Hell no! I love his magic tricks.

And more Randy magic! (oh wait, I'm the only one excited by that, aren't I...?)

• I really want this to be good. Just wanna know whether or not it'll feature completely new characters or feature renditions of the BL cast. I can't imagine how different a big screen Handsome Jack would be.

• Ahhh, thank you! Wanted to share that article with a friend. :D

rhonu posted: »

It was me! Here it is. I agree, it can be amazing if done right!

• (Can you imagine it, FOUR Dameon Clarke's on screen at once?!)

There couldn't be a more perfect world.

And Timothy's HoloJacks (Can you imagine it, FOUR Dameon Clarke's on screen at once?!)

• SERIOUSLY IF THEY DON'T PICK HIM FOR JACK I'M GOING TO BE SO UPSET LIKE

he's jack's voice actor

he's handsome

casting directors what else do you need

• Haha, I already sent Borderlands a tweet, demanding for Dameon. You guys should too! :D

• Seriously, the top three reasons why I actually tune-in to Gearbox panels are:

1. News about Borderlands
    2. Randy's magic tricks
    3. Randy's shirts/jackets
    dojo32161 posted: »

(oh wait, I'm the only one excited by that, aren't I...?) Hell no! I love his magic tricks.

• Based on that original storyline that was teased earlier this year, I'm slightly apprehensive:

"Described as a cross between Guardians of the Galaxy and Mad Max, the story depicts a bleak future in which an abandoned mining colony on a distant planet has created a lawless society. When a nearby star’s gravitational pull unearths horrifying alien creatures hidden deep below the surface, the surviving colonists retreat to a vault rumored to contain advanced alien technology."

It has a good story on its own!

• And he's done plenty of live-action roles as well, so he absolutely has the skills and experience!

rhonu posted: »

SERIOUSLY IF THEY DON'T PICK HIM FOR JACK I'M GOING TO BE SO UPSET LIKE he's jack's voice actor he's handsome casting directors what else do you need

• If they won't screw it up it will be awesome. I was sceptical about Mad Max at first too, but it was so much better than I expected so I'll give it a try at least, it's not like one ticket costs that much.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This sounds like it could be good but i won't get my hopes up yet as i have found some video game movies disappointing, whatever happens i hope they have a cool intro like they have done for all the Borderlands game.

• NO REFUNDS, anyway.

DeityD posted: »

If they won't screw it up it will be awesome. I was sceptical about Mad Max at first too, but it was so much better than I expected so I'll give it a try at least, it's not like one ticket costs that much.

• edited August 2015

I'm ok with that. :P Btw, it would be hilarious if they'll seriously use that joke in the beginning or in the trailer.

NO REFUNDS, anyway.

• he looks like him so why not

DAMEON CLARKE

• edited August 2015

A movie? Sounds cool! I'd definitely watch it, but...please don't suck please don't suck pretty please. Videogame movies suck most of the time. But I hope this'll be an exception.

• For the exact Same reasons i watched every gearbox panel since 2012.

Seriously, the top three reasons why I actually tune-in to Gearbox panels are: * News about Borderlands * Randy's magic tricks * Randy's shirts/jackets

• I'm still waiting for a good video game movie... Can this be the one?

• I would love them for it, really.

DeityD posted: »

I'm ok with that. :P Btw, it would be hilarious if they'll seriously use that joke in the beginning or in the trailer.

• edited August 2015

Borderlands movie? I thought Telltale was already making that. enter image description here

• Meh, if it's an original story and adds something to the Borderlands universe it could have potential and if it's like Mad Max atleast we'll know the action is great.

• jUST ANSWER ME THIS, WILL FACE MCSHOOTY BE IN IT?? PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW.

• God, I wish they could get the TT writers on board - they have definitely proven themselves worthy!

Green613 posted: »

Borderlands movie? I thought Telltale was already making that.

• I'm excited as hell over the idea, but I just like the Bioshock movie that never happened -- I'm not keeping my hopes up. I'll hold my breath and hope this happens AND isn't a huge disappointment. PLEASE DO THIS RIGHT, GUYS.

• Imagnie Tales on the screen? Hell that would be a killer

• Well, if this Borderlands movie ends up being good and performing well enough for sequels... then we might actually see a Tales movie one day. :D

Leluch123 posted: »

Imagnie Tales on the screen? Hell that would be a killer

• Beatiful times that they starting to make movies based on gaqmes no the other way around

Well, if this Borderlands movie ends up being good and performing well enough for sequels... then we might actually see a Tales movie one day.

• Well, Dameon Clarke is totally on board for playing Jack if he gets offered the role. [crosses fingers]

enter image description here

• edited August 2015

YES IT WILL BE THE STORY OF HIS JOURNEY TO GET SHOT IN THE FACE

jUST ANSWER ME THIS, WILL FACE MCSHOOTY BE IN IT?? PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW.

• edited August 2015

OMFG KSKDJDJDKDMDN. Well yea I hope it turns out good.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.