Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• I'm with others when I say I'm surprised but also excited to hear that we can change our character, that's a pretty cool feature.

• As in Micheal Jackson. Cause the femJesse looks like Micheal Jackson apparently.

dojo32161 posted: »

Shamone?

• Yeah, seems to be really cool.

I'm with others when I say I'm surprised but also excited to hear that we can change our character, that's a pretty cool feature.

• This interview's pretty cool and seems to confirm that it will be out in the Fall, so after September 21st.

Interview, duh

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Thanks for sharing this, it was interesting.

On a side note i added a section in the OP for PAX interviews and reviews so if any more get uploaded or published they will all be in one place.

This interview's pretty cool and seems to confirm that it will be out in the Fall, so after September 21st. Interview, duh

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't know if anyone saw this but Telltale recorded a cool timelapes of the booth being built.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited August 2015

I found another article from someone who played the game.

http://pixelkin.org/2015/08/28/first-look-at-minecraft-story-mode-its-frustrating-and-delightful/

Like the IGN review there is a opinion from 2 people, one who doesn't play Minecraft and one who does.

Edit: I found another review but this one is more spoilerish than the others.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/minecraft-story-mode

• This is also a small demo review:

Powerleveled

• Anyone else get a sort of 'Lego Movie' vibe from this?

• completely dodge environmental hazards, or if you don’t, you’ll be presented with the familiar quick-time-event style

huh. Sounds like an RPG, but instead of a standard RPG fight it's a QTE battle.

This is also a small demo review: Powerleveled

• So, there's some shaky camera footage of the full demo on youtube. I'm not going to post it. Just something I found.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

Yeah I looked at it and it seemed pretty interesting. The QTE sword battle is pretty cool since it allows you to swing when you want and I believe it shows your swords durability. I like how the countdown timer moves in a blocky fashion and the running away segment sort of reminds me of the car thing from Sam & Max.

So, there's some shaky camera footage of the full demo on youtube. I'm not going to post it. Just something I found.

• edited August 2015

Yeah! I was totally thinking of the Chases in the Desoto from Sam & Max while looking at that as well. I guess that's what people were talking about with the optional QTE's if you screw up in the chase.

Yeah I looked at it and it seemed pretty interesting. The QTE sword battle is pretty cool since it allows you to swing when you want and I b

• Also, that monster just looks frigging cool.

Yeah! I was totally thinking of the Chases in the Desoto from Sam & Max while looking at that as well. I guess that's what people were talking about with the optional QTE's if you screw up in the chase.

• Definitely. The only thing that pisses me off is the guy who was recording the footage "remember we can only record the booth and not the gameplay". What an Ass.

Also, that monster just looks frigging cool.

• Yeah a bit douchey, but at least he cut out most story spoilers during the thing, you can definitely see he cuts out a bit.

Definitely. The only thing that pisses me off is the guy who was recording the footage "remember we can only record the booth and not the gameplay". What an Ass.

• Eh to me it looked like he turned off his camera sometimes so he wouldn't get caught, but I can also see him having some dignity to cut out some spoilers (even though we can see the final choice of the demo being played by some guy in the background of the video).

Yeah a bit douchey, but at least he cut out most story spoilers during the thing, you can definitely see he cuts out a bit.

• With this video I have to wonder how that guy who wasn't into Minecraft from pixelkin couldn't figure out how to build the cobblestone sword since the recipe showed up on the side of the screen a few times.

Eh to me it looked like he turned off his camera sometimes so he wouldn't get caught, but I can also see him having some dignity to cut out

• Beats me. That kid sure looked like he was struggling to figure it out.

With this video I have to wonder how that guy who wasn't into Minecraft from pixelkin couldn't figure out how to build the cobblestone sword since the recipe showed up on the side of the screen a few times.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

IGN have uploaded a video showing the Story Mode booth if anyone is interested.

enter link description here

• Extremely impressive booth!

OzzyUK posted: »

IGN have uploaded a video showing the Story Mode booth if anyone is interested. enter link description here

• Cool! This fall just makes it sound so far away... But, one problem I have with this is what are the release dates going to be like? Considering we're dealing with a younger audience, they might not want to wait 2 - 3 months for a new episode. I'd say we'll get one every 2 months AT MOST. And, Mojang could be supporting them a lot, sorta like how Game of Thrones was supported by HBO, and they came out fairly quickly.

Right now, we can only hope

• Where's the female trailer

AChicken posted: »

Cool! This fall just makes it sound so far away... But, one problem I have with this is what are the release dates going to be like? Conside

• I don't see how the audience affects the release date.

Plus Game of Thrones is different because HBO was probably mandating consistent release dates.

Cool! This fall just makes it sound so far away... But, one problem I have with this is what are the release dates going to be like? Conside

• Telltale frequently talks about how they take fan feedback into consideration during the course of a Season. Depending on the extent to which they do, it's possible they could delay the episode by some portion of time. Like, they haven't explicitly stated "we delayed the episode by X amount of time to revise the script from fan feedback," but it actually is somewhat possible.

I don't see how the audience affects the release date. Plus Game of Thrones is different because HBO was probably mandating consistent release dates.

• edited August 2015

Game of Thrones was supported by HBO, and they came out fairly quickly.

HBO NOT supported 'GoT'.

Game of Thrones has even a smaller team. All games except the first 3 episodes "TFTB" (because more work) come out every 2 months. (sometime - 2,5)

Minecraft will be too.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Nerdist has gives a small review if anyone is interested.

http://nerdist.com/pax-prime-2015-minecraft-story-mode-has-a-telltale-first/

• The TVs being hooked up to consoles via Redwire is a clever touch. I was curious how much they could do with a Minecraft booth since the game is minimalistic, but touches like those add a lot of personality.

IGN have uploaded a video showing the Story Mode booth if anyone is interested. enter link description here

• The Escapist also wrote up a small preview from the PAX Demo.

Demo review by Escapist: Telltale's Minecraft: Story Mode Preview - Crafting Something Special

• Fuck yes you can choose gender and race, I've been waiting for this in a telltale game for so long!

• Um, sorry? I really don't understand what you mean.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Game of Thrones was supported by HBO, and they came out fairly quickly. HBO NOT supported 'GoT'. Game of Thrones has even a small

• Yes me too. I will start with the female Jesse, cause the main group lacks females. Only Petra is a girl in the group. And I always like the idea of a female hero. :)

Flog61 posted: »

Fuck yes you can choose gender and race, I've been waiting for this in a telltale game for so long!

• Did you forget about Olivia?

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Yes me too. I will start with the female Jesse, cause the main group lacks females. Only Petra is a girl in the group. And I always like the idea of a female hero.

• Everyone forgets about Olivia...Well to be fair she's not even in the trailer, so there's nothing to rememberable about her yet.

Did you forget about Olivia?

• Technically she is in the trailer, just the same amount as Scott Porter's character.

Everyone forgets about Olivia...Well to be fair she's not even in the trailer, so there's nothing to rememberable about her yet.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

They knocked it straight out of the park and into the stratosphere with that booth

Like, they did some serious justice with it

• Loading Menu!

enter image description here

• Your right she's in the trailer all right. Woops

Technically she is in the trailer, just the same amount as Scott Porter's character.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

It's something that's bound to happen, sadly. Tell someone they can't record something, and they'll find a way to work around your rules and do it anyways.

Definitely. The only thing that pisses me off is the guy who was recording the footage "remember we can only record the booth and not the gameplay". What an Ass.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.