Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Right??? That's my absolute favorite touch in the whole thing. Seriously considering trying to do that to my desk at work now.

The TVs being hooked up to consoles via Redwire is a clever touch. I was curious how much they could do with a Minecraft booth since the game is minimalistic, but touches like those add a lot of personality.

• CRAP!!! Just looking at the title screen makes me want to be at PAX! Now i want to play the demo! :P

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Loading Menu!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

Somebody from PlayStation just posted this on Twitter: According to Job Stauffer, the designer had laid out the set up of the PAX booth in Minecraft first before creating it in person. That's really cool.

Can't get over how great Minecraft Story Mode booth is. @.jobjstauffer: designer modeled it 100% in Minecraft first.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I also really liked the redwire idea.

I was curious how much they could do with a Minecraft booth since the game is minimalistic, but touches like those add a lot of personality.

I think the minimalistic square designs made things slightly easier for the designers as they don't need any complex shapes :P

When i was at Minecon with Laura and Job i was walking around the show area with them looking at all minecraft style props and talking a little bit about their plans for PAX. Laura was taking photos so the designers could get ideas and inspiration for the booth, after seeing what they have done for PAX i think it's a lot better than anything i saw at Minecon.

I did say i was going to upload some pics at the time but i forgot to so here is a album showing some of the Minecon props for comparison the the PAX booth.

http://imgur.com/a/Tz5pK

The TVs being hooked up to consoles via Redwire is a clever touch. I was curious how much they could do with a Minecraft booth since the game is minimalistic, but touches like those add a lot of personality.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If anyone is interested or hasn't noticed there is a video that goes along with this image and is narrated by @puzzlebox :D

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Loading Menu!

• Looks like the official U.S rating is E10+. Hopefully they call pull a Devil's Playhouse and sneak in some more mature elements.

OzzyUK posted: »

If anyone is interested or hasn't noticed there is a video that goes along with this image and is narrated by @puzzlebox https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/638137967895179264

• Cool photos :)

I also really liked the redwire idea. I was curious how much they could do with a Minecraft booth since the game is minimalistic, but

• edited August 2015

Yeah, you can see in the voice actors they've announced there are 5 men and 2 women excluding protagonist actors (If I recall correctly), so playing as a female will help that a bit.

Also 3 men and one woman in the order of the stone. Not really sure why its a little imbalanced, Telltale have been getting better with having roughly even amounts of female characters since Wolf Among Us, possbily learning from the 'twice as many men' thing in TWD S1. Different writers I guess.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Yes me too. I will start with the female Jesse, cause the main group lacks females. Only Petra is a girl in the group. And I always like the idea of a female hero.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale have tweeted a short video where fans give their feedback about the PAX demo.

"That's REALLY COOL!" - Watch and hear hands-on impressions from fans for '@.Minecraft: #StoryMode' at #PAXPrime

• So the first trailer was just a teaser trailer, but are we gonna be able to see another trailer for episode 1?

• One thing I'm not sure of is, who's Olivia? Is she on that picture?

• She's the one dressed like a miner, next to the one in the cowboy hat in this picture:

enter image description here

MarteenPyro posted: »

One thing I'm not sure of is, who's Olivia? Is she on that picture?

• edited August 2015

Aaah, okay, thanks!

First I thought the cowboy hat guy (Lucas) was Olivia (the ... black lady), and that she was Lucas. (So I switched them in my mind.) But now I see Olivia's blush makeup.

dojo32161 posted: »

She's the one dressed like a miner, next to the one in the cowboy hat in this picture:

• Most likely, yes. The same thing happened for Wolf Among Us as well, where we got both a general trailer two months before the Season Premiere and an Episode 1 trailer shortly before the game premiered.

Smellmeh posted: »

So the first trailer was just a teaser trailer, but are we gonna be able to see another trailer for episode 1?

• That's a girl?

She's the one dressed like a miner, next to the one in the cowboy hat in this picture:

edited August 2015

The lighting makes it hard to see her longer hair in that particular promo image, but yeah.

That's a girl? ....

• It's a little more obvious in the trailer.

That's a girl? ....

• edited August 2015

So I just got a reply from Billy West regarding the game and what characters he's going to be voicing: Tweet

• Doesn't really need a spoiler warning to be honest. Those are way too vague.

So I just got a reply from Billy West regarding the game and what characters he's going to be voicing: Tweet

• .....I always thought she was a boy. I mean...She doesn't look feminine on first impression.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015
  • dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

It even showed the character select screen (Choose Your Appearance):

• The choices are like eating a little piggy or not.

We played as the Big Bad Wolf. They're setting it up.

Minecraft Story Mode: How Does it Differ From Other Telltale Games? - IGN Access This video even shows some game play.

• Why is telltale so cruel?

• What do you mean?

TJP623 posted: »

Why is telltale so cruel?

• Pax peps get early access

What do you mean?

• Well not really early access, just two different short scenes.

TJP623 posted: »

Pax peps get early access

• Story Mode is also coming to the PSVita. (Third paragraph, not really exciting that much.)

• Wow so now is coming on pretty much...everything! Now everyone will be able play!

Story Mode is also coming to the PSVita. (Third paragraph, not really exciting that much.)

• I can't wait for more news!

• I've found something interesting; according to this article, Minecraft: Story Mode will be releases on disc on the 10th of November, but it might be released digitally even sooner. http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/minecraft_story_mode_a_telltale_games_series/news/telltales_minecraft_story_mode_getting_disc_release_launches_november_10.html

• It's likely the release date is a guess or placeholder but it's interesting to see that they might be releasing the first episode on disc before the other episodes release, i guess this is to make it easier for younger players to purchace the game if they don't have access to a credit card or if someone want's to buy it as a gift.

AlfMusic posted: »

I've found something interesting; according to this article, Minecraft: Story Mode will be releases on disc on the 10th of November, but it

edited September 2015

I could actually see that being a legitimate release date if it's a retail copy, as it seems too specific to be a placeholder as opposed to something generic like December 31st. It also lands on a Tuesday, which is when a decent portion of retail games come out, I think. Still, though, I could see the digital release happening a few weeks beforehand since Telltale works on episodes very close to launch.

It's likely the release date is a guess or placeholder but it's interesting to see that they might be releasing the first episode on disc be

• I'm confused. How would only 1 episode on Disc work?

AlfMusic posted: »

I've found something interesting; according to this article, Minecraft: Story Mode will be releases on disc on the 10th of November, but it

• The article mentions the rest of the episodes will be free DLC for owners of the disc as they come out.

I'm confused. How would only 1 episode on Disc work?

• Oh alright. I guess I should've read the article before asking a question...

The article mentions the rest of the episodes will be free DLC for owners of the disc as they come out.

• It's minecraft, men and women don't (and shouldn't need to) look that different.

That's a girl? ....

• It's kinda sad that people know a character's female only when they put makeup on them but anyway.

MarteenPyro posted: »

Aaah, okay, thanks! First I thought the cowboy hat guy (Lucas) was Olivia (the ... black lady), and that she was Lucas. (So I switched them in my mind.) But now I see Olivia's blush makeup.

• It doesn't look that masculine either, though. Nor does the person in the green shirt.

It's minecraft - the people are pixillated blockis. Gender doesn't need to, nor should it need to, alter the appearance of such blocky characters much at all.

.....I always thought she was a boy. I mean...She doesn't look feminine on first impression.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.