IGNs Ep4 review - Ignorance at its finest (Spoilers)

124»

Comments

• I think he's talking about uncharted 3.

Which one?

• I don't agree with IGN here, but implying they're ignorant just because they have a different opinion to you is pretty childish.

• I've read their Uncharted 3 review. I thought it was fine. What was wrong with it?

No_username posted: »

I think he's talking about uncharted 3.

• Lol that's why people don't look at reviews and would rather watch gameplay/walkthroughs.

Can't trust IGN, or any site to tell me how I'll feel about a game. I haven't even played TftB yet, just watched gameplay, and it's the best Telltale game so far in my opinion

• ign only care about making money by reviewing i bet half dont even play the games fully and write a review on the tiny bit they actually play tftb is a great game and im looking forward to ep5 and any sequels telltale may make

• How would giving episode 4 a low score make them money exactly?

ign only care about making money by reviewing i bet half dont even play the games fully and write a review on the tiny bit they actually play tftb is a great game and im looking forward to ep5 and any sequels telltale may make

• I think a lot of people thought the story in that game was bad. Personally I thought it was a pretty good game, but it was not worthy of a 10 out 10 and definitely not better than Uncharted 2.

I've read their Uncharted 3 review. I thought it was fine. What was wrong with it?

• They (supposedly) get payed for good reviews, when they don't, a 6.0 pops out for episode 4.

Flog61 posted: »

How would giving episode 4 a low score make them money exactly?

• It's not just a matter of opinion, the review effectively lacks of consistency.

I don't agree with IGN here, but implying they're ignorant just because they have a different opinion to you is pretty childish.

• edited September 2015

Hi there,

I think this episode is the best I've seen, so far. It's also by far the funnier. Some scenes crack me up EVERY single PT !
    So, a review of 6 makes absolutely no sense.

As for IGN, they ennoyed the crap out of me during last years, by:

• overloading their site with tons of flashing images. No way to even read it on a mobile device. I tried 5 browsers on Android, and all crashed at the home page. Don't even get me started on their mobile app ...
    • forcing you to go to localisationed sub-sites, which my country sadly got one, recently. WTF ? I need to click 3 to 4 times to get the language I want, and it's not guaratied to work. Whoever had this idea needs be put against the wall, in front of a squad, at morning time.
    • tons of reviews in movies, with a defective embedded viewer (geez, I never have been able to put on my date of birth for the ones that are filtered, had to resort to youtube). reviews are auto-play as well, for maximum confusion when you tab browse multiple articles. Fun fun.
    • really questionable reviews (TPS, Bioshock Infinite (after inviting Irvine every single week for 2 years), and now TfTB ep. 4)
    • search never works (geez, couldn't even find ep. 4 text review !)
    • Ah, yes, Adobe Flash everywhere, the nb 1 malware vector, nowadays ...

So, time to drop IGN entirely (after years and years), for everyone IMHO. I'll give destructoid a go. Gameradar is OK too.

If anyone has any other suggestion ...

[EDIT] I've read all of destructoid's review of TTfB so far, and as far as I can tell, they fully describe my own experience
    for all 4 ep., so far. Heck, they gave ep.4 10/10 ! I'll switch to them for gaming stuff.

• Unpopular opinion: I thought Uncharted 3 was better than the second. Also, is that all? I don't think thats a good reason for people to say a review was terrible just because they didn't think highly of the story or agreed with the score.

I think a lot of people thought the story in that game was bad. Personally I thought it was a pretty good game, but it was not worthy of a 10 out 10 and definitely not better than Uncharted 2.

• Don't waste your time arguing with this guy

I think a lot of people thought the story in that game was bad. Personally I thought it was a pretty good game, but it was not worthy of a 10 out 10 and definitely not better than Uncharted 2.

• Lacking consistency isn't ignorant either.

It's not just a matter of opinion, the review effectively lacks of consistency.

• Hahahahaha

Yeah okay. that's definitely a conspiracy theory.

They (supposedly) get payed for good reviews, when they don't, a 6.0 pops out for episode 4.

• edited September 2015

The one person who speaks or writes without consistency is someone who does not know what he's talking about, thus an ignorant.

Lacking consistency isn't ignorant either.

• He is very competent. Sure, sure, the Chipper and Lumber review was harsh, but it was honest and the FNAF fanbase does agree that the game is pretty crappy. Scott seems to have agreed, too.

ponds75 posted: »

I personally like Jim Sterling's reviews. He gave this episode a 9/10, and generally seems a lot more competent in general then IGN.

• Nobody was talking to you.

Clemenem posted: »

Don't waste your time arguing with this guy

• Thats what I've been saying.

I don't agree with IGN here, but implying they're ignorant just because they have a different opinion to you is pretty childish.

• And now nobody is talking to you

Nobody was talking to you.

• edited September 2015

And also Sarah. Basically anyone who is perceived as a liability.

dojo32161 posted: »

Well it was Greg Miller reviewing that episode and he absolutely despises Ben.

• You're talking to me.

Clemenem posted: »

And now nobody is talking to you

• edited September 2015

The whole idea of grading games with points or percentage IS JUST BAD. Do you trust more a 5/5(thats it just a grade) or an in depth 2 page game view with a opinion of the person writing it. Plus telltale games episode 4 were always weak, the calm before the storm. :D

calm

• I like Metacritic...

Let me ask an honest question. Is there any website that actually is good at reviewing video games? Like that one guy known as Adam Sessler?

• Meanwhile Call of Doody 27 will probably get a 10.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.