Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• Ugh, the mental images in my head XP

Wait, how does Colin have money anyways? :/

fayescarlet posted: »

Wow. It explains why he can't afford a glamour, he spends it all on whores. :v

• It's more like who allows a pig enter the strip club.... Oh yeah I forgot about Clever Hans, it explains it all...

HazzatheMan posted: »

Ugh, the mental images in my head XP Wait, how does Colin have money anyways?

• Or other way around.

fayescarlet posted: »

More proof that "Faith" you meet is actually Nerissa this whole time, yes.

• Very recently, I've experienced a very odd moment during the fight scene in EP3. When you have an option to grab Tweedle Dee and throw him towards Mary/Jazz Sign, if you don't grab him then Bigby is going to get weirldy close to him, touch the barrel of the shotgun with his chest and spit out the buckshot straight into Dee's face, hurting him in the process.

• Oh wow!

Jacol posted: »

Very recently, I've experienced a very odd moment during the fight scene in EP3. When you have an option to grab Tweedle Dee and throw him t

• That must have been extremely badass

Very recently, I've experienced a very odd moment during the fight scene in EP3. When you have an option to grab Tweedle Dee and throw him t

• edited August 2015

The possessed playthrough of Kootra's ending.

Also, I am curious on how this happens, it's actually pretty funny.

(Skip to 6:36)

Kootra pls

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2015

I don't know if this is just me being super late to the party and failing to connect the dots earlier, but I've been thinking about this lately. So Lily was killed in that hotel, right? Now here's the thing: the blood indicates that her body was taken out of the room, yet there's no sign of her actually leaving the room. The skeleton key Beauty has doesn't work on that door, and the actual room key is in possession of Crane at the time. So how could anyone get in or out of there in the first place without breaking open the door, let alone take the body out without being noticed? Then you have the fact of how quick this had to have been carried out; Lily had to have been killed not long after Crane was there (as she was still glamoured), her head taken to the Woodlands, and the body thrown into the river in an absurdly small window of time.

Then it came to me; the Crooked Man's door/portal. He -- or some else -- is actually able to control when and where it appears, which is how the murders were able to be carried out quickly, discretely, and without a trace.

Think about it: Georgie goes to the Crooked Man's lair, and the portal is set to lead straight into room 207. Georgie goes in, takes the ribbon off, drags the body back through, then they open it up to the river, allowing him to kill Lily, dispose of the body with no trace, and put her head on the doorstep of the Woodlands, all in under an hour. In and out, without ever stepping foot into the hotel or into public. By extension, he most likely entered the Crooked Man's lair through a door in the Pudding n Pie itself, which would give him the perfect alibi, as he'd never be seen leaving the building, so he couldn't be incriminated.

• Hmm, certainly an interesting theory. I don't know if it was established that anyone had control of the door or not, as it Episode 4 seemed to make it sound like the door's locations were deliberately randomized for the sake of anonymity, but it would explain those first two points you brought up as I had never thought too much on why the blood trail stopped right outside of the door and why Beauty's key didn't work.

Deltino posted: »

I don't know if this is just me being super late to the party and failing to connect the dots earlier, but I've been thinking about this lat

• But the doors couldn't be randomized though, or else how would any of the Crooked Man's crew get to his lair? They would be searching forever otherwise!

Hmm, certainly an interesting theory. I don't know if it was established that anyone had control of the door or not, as it Episode 4 seemed

• After the big decision, I didn't think there was supposed to be any music playing until you got as far as Toad.

RhysAndLee posted: »

The possessed playthrough of Kootra's ending. Also, I am curious on how this happens, it's actually pretty funny. (Skip to 6:36) Kootra pls

• Whys it giving you chills Oo and how do u get that option anyway

When you have the choice to kill Dum it will either say You choose to spare Dum You killed Dum Or You let dum live. The last one gives me chills.

• Depending on your choices up until Episode 4, Snow will have three different things to say to Bigby when he says that he 'only ever does what's necessary.' If you killed Dum, Snow will say: "Then please explain to Colin why tearing Dum's throat out was necessary." If you ripped off Grendel's arm but spared Dum, she'll say: "Then explain to Colin why ripping Gren's arm off was necessary." If you showed Gren and Dum mercy, the following dialogue will commence: Snow: "Do you believe him?" Colin: "Yeah, I do." Thought I'd point that out.

• Kind of late, but I like how it's closed on Friday, the Fourth of July (which did happen in 1986).

The note says "Can anyone cover 7/16? Let me know." - Amber

On the calendar, of the names I think I can read, I can name some unseen characters: Tara, Brandy, and Amber. I think it's Brandy? Not entirely sure.

We know TWAU takes place in 1986, and to be more specific it takes place in July, judging from my super technically advanced screenshot:

• That's correct, Beauty also refers to these unseen characters if you ask her about Faith in the Open Arms: Tara, Brandy, Amber, Heather

Kind of late, but I like how it's closed on Friday, the Fourth of July (which did happen in 1986). The note says "Can anyone cover 7/16?

• do you have a video that shows that?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Bigby is a wolf

• And he's the main character in this game.

dojo32161 posted: »

Bigby is a wolf

• If I remember correctly one of Crooked Man's crones said that they get a letter of the portal's location, everyone except Bloody Mary who teleports to the lair through mirrors.

HazzatheMan posted: »

But the doors couldn't be randomized though, or else how would any of the Crooked Man's crew get to his lair? They would be searching forever otherwise!

• Bigby has three possible transform forms, which means...

He's a illoulominarty!!!

• I just have encountered another cool "secret" scene: towards the end of the chase in EP5 when you have to avoid getting hit by Georgie's car in the alley and you fail to choose either left or right, the car will hit Bigby and he's going to get stuck on the front window. An extra QTE forcing you to jump up onto the nearby balcony will pop up, and then Bigby proceeds to the Pudding as usual.

It appears like certain QTEs are hiding some extra goodness, I'm having a blast replaying the game after 3 years and still finding some new stuff

• I dunno if this has been brought up or not but why was Donkeyskin at the Woodsman's apartment when the policy is to go to the Open Arms hotel?
    The fact in episode 2 that Nerissa gives Bigby a key after booking an apointment and the book only contains room numbers not private residence makes no sense what so ever. Granted maybe he picked her up off the streets but as said in episode 4 Woody knows the rules and wouldn't be able to get her to come with him without it, not only that why go after Faith when Lily was his regular?(unless her coat makes her look like a troll)

• Lily was a client of the Woodsman, Georgie made Lilly go to the open arms so he could kill her, Georgie pretended he was Crane, who was a regular of Crane's and paid money, Lily then asked Faith to go to the Woodsman instead of her.

I dunno if this has been brought up or not but why was Donkeyskin at the Woodsman's apartment when the policy is to go to the Open Arms hote

• edited April 2016

So, most have concerns on the ending dialogue with "Nerissa", what it means, and the following decision to "'go after her' or 'let her get away'".

Does anyone remember or notice that when you get a chance to use the magic mirror After having already found "Faith's" head to look into possible suspects and then into the people you've learned about from the fable books, that you can Clearly see Faith's father dead, Prince Lawrence dwindling, yet for Faith's location, the mirror's "lips are sealed"?

I didn't notice until I was replaying the game with a friend, after looking into "Nerissa's" mysterious ending dialogue.

I feel like this message from the mirror is a Key indicator to the possible ending being discussed that "Nerissa" is possibly Faith glamoured, and that it was Nerissa they found that day. And that Faith, still alive, still has the enchanted ribbon attached.

Food for though with evidence I haven't seen anyone use.

• I think its been mentioned a few times, I cant wait for season 2 when we can ask the mirror where Nerissa is! huehueheuheuheuhehahahohgodwhy.

• Well my 2nd time playing around, I got to a point where all my choices for talking were "This choice is empty!" and "..." It was when you see Snow talking to Bluebeard for the 1st time, clicked it five times, anybody else have this? To me it shows Telltale came prepared for errors

• My reaction is basically the last 8 letters of your post

Poogers555 posted: »

I think its been mentioned a few times, I cant wait for season 2 when we can ask the mirror where Nerissa is! huehueheuheuheuhehahahohgodwhy.

• Its a weird glitch, usually restarting the game works.

Kennys Boat posted: »

Well my 2nd time playing around, I got to a point where all my choices for talking were "This choice is empty!" and "..." It was when you se

• I don't think this is the right topic for this...

Anyway, as @Poogers555 already said restarting the game will fix it, or even just restarting the chapter (exit to the main menu and "continue" the game, this should load the chapter again and it should be fine)

From my extensive experience I can confirm that this bug exists in 4 spots during the game:

• EP3, right after the opening credits (ultra rare)
    • EP4, at the beginning when Bigby wakes up in his apartment (not common but not really rare at the same time)
    • EP4, after Bigby gets back to the Business Office (very rare)
    • EP5, the elevator scene after the trial (quite common)

That's the only thing I really hate Telltale for, if you're making story driven games then make sure they work properly without breaking the immersion goddamnit!

Kennys Boat posted: »

Well my 2nd time playing around, I got to a point where all my choices for talking were "This choice is empty!" and "..." It was when you se

• I don't know if anyone's brought this up but it's definitely worth mentioning.

In Episode 2 when searching the room Lilly was murdered in, Bigby can find a Huff & Puff cigarrete. Beauty says "I thought you were the only one who smoked that crap brand" and Bigby replies "apparently not." This may or may not have intentional but in Episode 4 Nerissa says "Huff & Puffs? Not many people smoke those" whereas Beauty thought literally no one besides Bigby smoked them. This may hint that Nerissa knows someone who smokes them. Now in Episode 5 when Bigby talks with the Crooked man and his crew you only see it for a second but Georgie pulls a cigarette from a Huff & Puff packet, hinting that he was in Lilly's room and is the killer. That's probably why the game gives you the option to guess who the killer is.

I probably didn't need to mention the Nerissa part but it seemed related to me.

• Lmao, that same glitch happened to me ugh. I just kept clicking the the "choices". Until it gave me the true ending.

RhysAndLee posted: »

The possessed playthrough of Kootra's ending. Also, I am curious on how this happens, it's actually pretty funny. (Skip to 6:36) Kootra pls

• A little something I picked up while replaying TWAU a minute ago. When Snow is trying to pressure Bigby into burning Aunty Greeneaf's tree down, this dialogue will happen:

Bigby: "Isn't there another way? She's a witch, can't she just work for us?"

Snow: "You want to reward her for criminal behavior? We can't trust this woman on the thirteenth floor!"

Greenleaf: "It doesn't matter cause I'd never do it. I'm not a house cat. And I don't play well with others."

Funny thing is, Aunty Greenleaf is voiced by Laura Bailey. Laura Bailey is now voicing Catwoman. Not to mention, Catwoman doesn't play well with others, either. Just something I thought was neat.

• Minor spoilers for TWAU and Fables Comics

This was all just a little shower thought I had the other day after playing TWAU again. I'm sure I'm either stupid or this is a minor continuity error, but I'm just posting this to get it out of my head.

In the game, Flycatcher the janitor is fired from working at the Business Office by Crane, and is later hired on by the Tweedles. However, in the comic series that the game is said to be canon with, it is revealed that Bigby keeps catching Flycatcher up on minor offences (e.g. eating flies due to his froggy past) to keep him doing community service so he doesn't attempt to find his wife and children (which, again spoilers, he doesn't know are dead). So I don't really see how Crane could fire him, and how the Tweedles, a private "organisation" front for a criminal gang could hire him when hes forced into janitor work in the Woodlands.

So yeah, just a minor continuity error I thought of.

• edited December 2016

Flycatcher isnt always there just because of Bigby giving him offense, If I remember right there was plenty of times where Flycatcher didnt need to continue to be a janitor but he stayed anyway, Bigby was just doing it to safe guard him. My best guess is that either Flycatcher's penalty was up when Crane fired him or Crane told him to leave anyway. However, Flycatcher does say things like "Im not sure you remember me" so it could also be possible that the reason Bigby started to give Flycatcher minor offense was to stop him from being fired again.

Skel-a-King posted: »

Minor spoilers for TWAU and Fables Comics This was all just a little shower thought I had the other day after playing TWAU again. I'm sur

• Not sure if this has already been posted but:

Comic Bigby is a lot more 'powerful' I guess, than he is in TWAU. In the comics he admits that he can track any scent if he focuses on it, no matter how old or tainted it has become; and he knows exactly where Snow White is at all times, plus what her current mood or condition is, simply by her scent.

He's also shown to be VERY quick! Quick enough to disappear from someone's view in the blink of an eye without being heard, and reappearing behind them afterwards.

Not sure if it counts but he's a better fighter in the comics (I suppose). He won a bar brawl without a scratch on him, and the entire place was fighting, with Bigby being the only one left standing afterwards...

• edited January 2017

I found a bunch of unused scripts from the game files and they're practically a goldmine.

PORGIE: What was that fell out of the book?
    BIGBY: A love letter from an admirer.
    PORGIE: Oh yeah? The girls get them all the time. Whose this one from?
    BIGBY: It's from your mom.
    PORGIE: Fuck you, Bigby.

EDIT-- ok so I found another one, less funny this time

MIRROR: The name you're referring no longer applies, she'd adopted a new one to help her disguise. (in response to asking to see Faith)

It seems the original line was too obvious so they replaced it with the "her whereabouts concealed, these lips are sealed" line. I originally thought the line supports the 'Nerissa was Faith all along' theory because of the phrase "no longer applies", implying Faith was the name she'd replaced, though using "she'd" (she had) instead of "she's" (she has) implies that Faith was the one that was adopted... I'm confused.

• enter image description here

hemfbg posted: »

I found a bunch of unused scripts from the game files and they're practically a goldmine. PORGIE: What was that fell out of the book? BI

• enter image description here

I found a bunch of unused scripts from the game files and they're practically a goldmine. PORGIE: What was that fell out of the book? BI

• You're right, that second part is super ambiguous..

• When bigby is interrogating dee in chapter 2 he can try to get him to talk by saying "if you don't talk I'll rip out your throat" it's funny because he (if the player chooses) does exactly this at the end of chapter 3.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.