Do you think that we'll actually get to see the events that lead to Episode 1?

In Episode 1 modern time Rhys comes looking for Fiona while carrying an Echolog. Fiona has already been captured by the Stranger at this point. So will we be customizing the possibly fake, possibly fiona's forced at gunpoint echolog or will we just finish up the helios base and then finish the story in modern time?

Comments

• I would be disappointed if it wouldnt lead uo to how and at what point the stranger got them. But i also think they will end the story in modern time

• edited September 2015

A good timeskip is implied between the end of the whole Gortys debacle and when the stranger catches Rhys and Fiona. Rhys seems to have moved up in the world and gone back to corporate life, and Fiona has apparently been hunting Vaults long enough for Rhys to hear about it without them being even remotely in contact, implying either that she's had time to build up a reputation, that he's been in a position to keep tabs on her, or that someone has been in contact with both of them fairly recently.

I think the most we'll find out about their lives after the Traveler Vault is how exactly Rhys came back into some sort of power and why he needed to track Fiona down again, leading him back to Prosperity Junction and the Stranger. There shouldn't be much else to it except for the mystery of the Stranger's motivations, where he's taking them and what for.

• Sounds likely:)

Off_Ground posted: »

A good timeskip is implied between the end of the whole Gortys debacle and when the stranger catches Rhys and Fiona. Rhys seems to have move

• Where do we find out that Fiona has been hunting vaults?

A good timeskip is implied between the end of the whole Gortys debacle and when the stranger catches Rhys and Fiona. Rhys seems to have move

• Well here's a theory.

"Now is not the time for bickering Vault Hunters, War is coming and you will need all the Vault Hunters you can get."

and from claptastic voyage

Lilith: Awkward. Athena... I really do apologize about that.

Athena: Ordering my execution?

Lilith: Yeah. It's just... I don't know if we're going to make it through what's coming.

Athena: Jack's dead, Lilith.

Lilith: You think he's the only monster out there?

• I hope we find out what happened to Prosperity Junction, which seems to be in a sad state of... disrepair.

• In the beginning of Episode 4, when Rhys begins wondering what The Stranger could be getting out of all of this, you can say as Fiona how he wants a Vault, saying he's just another idiot trying to strike it rich, to which Rhys responds by saying, "Aren't you Vault Hunting now?"

Greenzoid2 posted: »

Where do we find out that Fiona has been hunting vaults?

• Ah, further hinting about inevitable Fiona vault hunter in BL3.

In the beginning of Episode 4, when Rhys begins wondering what The Stranger could be getting out of all of this, you can say as Fiona how he

• edited September 2015

I hope that we do. If we don't, then that means we'll have to wait until a Season 2 comes.

Now, one thing we should remember is that the first thing present day Rhys said with the ECHOlog was "Fiona? Come on, we can work this out!" And during their reunion in the present, it was clear that they were pissed and not happy to see each other, meaning something had happened down the line. By the end of episode 4 when you choose to rule Hyperion, I had assumed that that was the reason why. And if not that, then something else must've happened that we'll find out about in Episode 5.

Oh, and Rhys also told the Stranger, "Gortys is bad business." Either he really means that and Gortys turns out to be not as cute and friendly as we thought she is, or he's only saying that to protect her.

• I always thought in the future part of the game that they haven't found the vault of the traveler yet.

In the beginning of Episode 4, when Rhys begins wondering what The Stranger could be getting out of all of this, you can say as Fiona how he

• Yes me too. Everybody seems so convinced that they will find it but I think they still have a long way to go: They need all Gortys Upgrades to summon the Vault (they are really close to achieve this) but they most likely need a Vault key to open the Vault (not every vault needs one but its likely that obe is required) - and in the end there is still a HUGE vault monster protecting it... so probabely the Vault of the traveler will be part of BL 3

Greenzoid2 posted: »

I always thought in the future part of the game that they haven't found the vault of the traveler yet.

• We will probably be caught up with future Rhys and Fiona by the mid point of ep 5, if I had to guess we will only see Rhys first leaving to find Fiona, and see Fiona getting taken by the Stranger.

• I want to see how Fiona was caught. I mean, after everything she's been through, it's strange that she was caught in the first place.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.