First Death?

Exactly what it says on the top. And I mean the times you let either Fiona or Rhys die. Mine was during the first episode as Rhys when the giant skag ran toward me and ate me.

Comments

• edited August 2015

Ted is the next Death. He sacrifices himself so that the player can survive and get to the vault. In the end, they find Dr. Ted in the vaut, and they learn that Ted is the immortal god of the borderlands, and the God of the Earthen worlds in which we live.

He will only save those who are apart of his cult.

The original post was more glorious, but i think that i have a 27.34 second memory.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2015

If you mean the first time I screwed up and got a game over, then it'd be at the end of the jungle chase in episode 3. I waited too long to grab the tree branch and died

Which is kind of funny when you think about it: you get tripped literally 10 seconds later and everyone falls flat on their faces anyways

• I Can't remember but I think it was in epsiode 1 with Rhys.

• Why edit the greatness that was Ted?

Ted is the next Death. He sacrifices himself so that the player can survive and get to the vault. In the end, they find Dr. Ted in the vaut,

• Because i wasn't sure if he was talking about the next death that was going to happen in Ep. 5 or the first death the player can die. If it is the first one, then most people would wonder what the heck i am rambling on about.

I'll just re-edit it, whether it is on topic or not. The Greatness of Ted compels me.

Why edit the greatness that was Ted?

• I think it was episode one with Rhys, during the Bandit QTE, I think when Rhys is confronted with the three bandits.

• Didn't die unintentionally yet.

• So far, none! Shit, I probably just jinxed it.

• edited September 2015

My first Fiona death was in Ep 1 during the death race, because I had a bad idea to play it on my shitty laptop first, so it was lagging af.

My first Rhys death was in Ep 2 when Vasquez tried to figure out how to use the gun. I wanted to read all the things that Rhys' echo-eye says about Vasquez' gun and car. Certainly wasn't expecting that he'd shoot Rhys if I took long enough.

• I've only died intentionally to hear that sweet, meta dialogue about how they can't possibly be dead.

• I didn't know that can happen 0:

Pipas posted: »

My first Fiona death was in Ep 1 during the death race, because I had a bad idea to play it on my shitty laptop first, so it was lagging af.

• I think I got squished in Episode 1. Got distracted by something and the fat dude you can stab in the face with your stun baton fell on Rhys and crushed him. I laughed though.

• I was streaming the game for a friend once and asked him how he wanted to take out Vasquez in Atlas Mugged. He took too long to decide, so Vasquez shot us.
    I didn't even know that could happen.

• Died when Grease Face smashed Rhys. He held up his hands, so I thought it would be a choice to let him run off. Nope, he just kills Rhys.

• Most of mine happened in episode 1 because my computer was lagging hard and repeating dialog (and I still loved the episode). Don't regret the deaths though, I liked hearing the stranger questioning their deaths.

Other than that I never died, but one of my favorite deaths is if you don't close the door on August in time in episode 1, Fiona has a unique scene and dialog for it.

• edited September 2015

You mean this kind of dialogue? These are from episode 1

(If you die as Rhys) Stranger: "And then you died? You sure you wanna stick with that story?"

Rhys: "Well, y'know, I didn't technically die but I could have!"

(If you die as Fiona) Stranger: "You did not get murdered by bandits. You're standing right in front of me."

Fiona: "And you keep taking all the fun out of telling you this stuff!"

Stranger: "Try again."

I've only died intentionally to hear that sweet, meta dialogue about how they can't possibly be dead.

• Hahaha happened to me too! :)

Pipas posted: »

• It makes me sad that non-canon deaths are no longer commented on by the stranger.

• Some "deaths" are still commented like failing to steal the tour guide's shit.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It makes me sad that non-canon deaths are no longer commented on by the stranger.

• I came close to death a lot but everytime I just

enter image description here

• My first and only death was in the death race as Fiona. I still didnt knew the damn controls and i got rekt by the asshole with a shotgun. The worst part was after i died the game over screen appeared, the stranger didn't said something and there was no "Click to continue" in the middle of the screen and i waited and waited and clicked the screen and nothing. Then i got angry and Alt-f4'd. Asshole game :T

• episode 3 on the trust Fiona route. Stupid motion sensors!

• Episode 1, I die when Rhys was fighting the bandit with the stun baton and whit Fiona at the death race.

• edited September 2015

BEFORE YOU READ THIS.. IT CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS EPISODE 4 AND BORDERLANDS PRE SEQUEL AND KIND OF BORDERLANDS 2 SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!.
    I havnt died yet :D well so far and is everyone going to forget about Scooter dying......he doesnt come back n borderlands 3 because at the end of pre sequel theres the part !SPOILERS! where your up in sanctuary ( its floating as that cut scene carries on from borderlands 2 and guess whos not there SCOOTER!

• Omg yes, I died like 4 times at that part.

episode 3 on the trust Fiona route. Stupid motion sensors!

• Oh, I heard about that. Never actually heard it, though!

darkfoxTM posted: »

Some "deaths" are still commented like failing to steal the tour guide's shit.

• Stupid hat throwing sequence in episode 3. Made me regret trusting Fiona because I died at least a dozen times and nearly went insane.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.