Vaughn X Athena (Heh I'm gonna get hate for this)

I know it sounds fucking stupid but after I heard this audio

https://instaud.io/8I8

Credit to @FetchWalker for finding it

I ship it for no reason even though I ship Janey X Athena and that's already canon. I just found it adorable how Vaughn has a crush on Athena lmao.

InB4 "abandon thread/nope gifs" :(

So what do y'all think?

Comments

• InB4 "abandon thread/nope gifs" :(

enter image description here

• I feel better m8.

InB4 "abandon thread/nope gifs"

• So... Vaughn is into dominant women?

Heh, I'd actually ship it if it had the slimmest chance of happening.

• Dominant, If you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Sorry

So... Vaughn is into dominant women? Heh, I'd actually ship it if it had the slimmest chance of happening.

• LMAO don't apologize, that's pretty much what I was thinking of.

Dominant, If you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Sorry

• These dialogues are pure gold and I'm a little sad that we didn't get to hear them in the game....why Telltale games, WHYYYY???

• It would've been hilarious watching Vaughn try to hit on Athena. Telltale why cut out the good parts........

FetchWalker posted: »

These dialogues are pure gold and I'm a little sad that we didn't get to hear them in the game....why Telltale games, WHYYYY???

• edited September 2015

omg rhys was such a DOUCHE in that audio XD

OT: Vaughn x Athena sounds pretty hilarious, tbh. Not only because it's a crack pairing, but also due to the dynamic that would arise from their pretty-much-opposite personalities. Neurotic and terrified Vaughn paired up with calm, stoic Athena. It's perfect.

I need fanart for these two pronto.

• edited September 2015

"I need fanart for these two pronto"

Basically this ^

omg rhys was such a DOUCHE in that audio XD OT: Vaughn x Athena sounds pretty hilarious, tbh. Not only because it's a crack pairing, but

• So I hear your opinion and I respect it, and I only have one question:

enter image description here

• did he died

InB4 "abandon thread/nope gifs"

• why not. those two together look adorable in my head.

So I hear your opinion and I respect it, and I only have one question:

• Same reason as @GuiltyKingOumaShu .

Dem Similarities doe

• Vaughn
    1. Short
    2. Six Pack
    3. Psycho feels
    4. Good with numbers
    5. Loves donuts
    • Athena
    1. Tall
    2. Badass
    3. Assassin feels
    4. Good with uh....awkward conversations and not feeling emotions
    5. Loves Lattes

So I hear your opinion and I respect it, and I only have one question:

• okay okay you've already sold me on this pairing gosh

Same reason as @GuiltyKingOumaShu . Dem Similarities doe * Vaughn * Short * Six Pack * Psycho feels * Good with numbers *

• OP you know that Athena is a lesbian, right? Just checking.

• edited September 2015

Yes I obviously know. I kinda did say it with that Janey X Athena thing. I knew she was les the minute Janey told Athena about her sexy stomach scar in a side mission and Athena said something among the lines of this "So umm I umm I'm gonna definitely focus on the mission and not on that specifically". If I recall it right she said it very hesitantly.

chordati posted: »

OP you know that Athena is a lesbian, right? Just checking.

• edited September 2015

But, if you know she's a lesbian why are you shipping her with a man and not like, another woman or something?

Yes I obviously know. I kinda did say it with that Janey X Athena thing. I knew she was les the minute Janey told Athena about her sexy stom

• Are you being sarcastic?

But, if you know she's a lesbian why are you shipping her with a man and not like, another woman or something?

• edited September 2015

Every since I saw that confession on how someone was pissed about how people mostly ship Athena with guys, I was cautious with making this thread. I never shipped Athena with any guy before. I was all Athena X Janey until I heard that cut audio. I thought it was adorable and I shipped it out of nowhere. So....cut dialogues aren't canon right? If so then this thread is no good after all then. Athena and other women? Ehh the only other person I minor shipped was her and moxxi after I played the General Knoxx DLC and thats about it. Well I'm still onboard with the canon Athena X Janey ship.

• No?

Are you being sarcastic?

• Well, let's be honest, there's nothing wrong with a fan shipping characters, even if the ship doesn't make sense (Loader Bot X Rhys is a ship). It's not that big of a deal.

No?

• No no, nothing wrong with shipping obviously, shipping is great. It's just that shipping a canon lesbian character with a man, therefore invalidating her sexuality, removes much needed LGBT+ representation from media and you can probably see why that's a bad thing, I'm sure.

Well, let's be honest, there's nothing wrong with a fan shipping characters, even if the ship doesn't make sense (Loader Bot X Rhys is a ship). It's not that big of a deal.

• Very True. Ships are meant for fun and are not to be taken to extreme measures. I was right I did get some sort of hate.

Well, let's be honest, there's nothing wrong with a fan shipping characters, even if the ship doesn't make sense (Loader Bot X Rhys is a ship). It's not that big of a deal.

• edited September 2015

Now that I thought about it, one single (probably not canon) audio tape records Rhys telling Vaughn to go ahead and ask Athena out, and telltale decided not to use it. Vaughn didn't know she was lesbian(I'm pretty sure that Athena and Janey are gonna get married in Borderlands 3 though). Why I thought that? Well Janey said that after she saves her she's gonna marry her so if Athena accepts, then done. I would be happy because one of my ships are out of the dating hole/possibly break up hole. Just like Claptrap said it's not gonna hurt anybody. I created this thread because I thought that day "Hey remember that audio thing you heard in that other thread, what would it be like it if telltale actually put that in catch a ride(No joke I actually thought of this when I was bored after finishing my exam). They would've looked cute together if she wasn't lesbian but you know.

No no, nothing wrong with shipping obviously, shipping is great. It's just that shipping a canon lesbian character with a man, therefore in

• Well, you can't exactly invalidate fictional characters, but, in the case that you could: fan shippings are just fan shippings. Fan shippings have nothing to do with the media, just people's creative ideas.

And yes, we do need LGBT representation in the media. I agree. People can still do what they want with characters, though. It's not gonna hurt anyone just because they're making a non-canon pairing just to think of what it would be like.

No no, nothing wrong with shipping obviously, shipping is great. It's just that shipping a canon lesbian character with a man, therefore in

• lmao when has a ship been taken to extreme measures?

(I wonder if anyone's going to make a joke about a big ship)

Very True. Ships are meant for fun and are not to be taken to extreme measures. I was right I did get some sort of hate.

• I haven't seen it taken to very extreme measures in the telltale forums but in other forms of media I have.

lmao when has a ship been taken to extreme measures? (I wonder if anyone's going to make a joke about a big ship)

• edited September 2015

Ah.

I haven't seen it taken to very extreme measures in the telltale forums but in other forms of media I have.

• Why couldn`t she just be bi ? Many Borderlands characters are bi

• I don't think she's ever explicitly stated she doesn't like men either. Unless I'm wrong.

• Because she's a lesbian??? And not bisexual????

Nukledus posted: »

Why couldn`t she just be bi ? Many Borderlands characters are bi

• edited September 2015

It was confirmed by Anthony Burch that Athena is indeed a lesbian who likes women and not men here: http://ask.fm/reverendanthony/answer/125850221128

ActionHank posted: »

I don't think she's ever explicitly stated she doesn't like men either. Unless I'm wrong.

• maybe she will turn bi for Vaughn

Because she's a lesbian??? And not bisexual????

• Ships force straight guys to become gay pretty much all the time and that's apparently fine, but make one lesbian straight and everybody loses their mind.

Check this out, it explains shipping perfectly:

enter link description here

• Seal of Approved!

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/27b1813ab1bf793fc8cb543324c488621234438639_full.gif

Ships force straight guys to become gay pretty much all the time and that's apparently fine, but make one lesbian straight and everybody loses their mind. Check this out, it explains shipping perfectly: enter link description here

• edited September 2015

Aaah.

Eh. Whatcha gonna do then.

EDIT: As a regular roleplayer, I'm also used to twisting around aspects of characters accordingly. If need be. So wooooooo-

It was confirmed by Anthony Burch that Athena is indeed a lesbian who likes women and not men here: http://ask.fm/reverendanthony/answer/125850221128

• A new ship has been built and set sail into the shipping oceans. Bon voyage.

what

• I'm not against ships like that, but this is not how it works. No one "turns bi" for someone. I have to say again that there's nothing wrong with shipping straight and gay character together tho (but I can get why some people might be annoyed by that) - especially as long as it's just shipping.

maybe she will turn bi for Vaughn

• that's how shipping works, though. People just randomly change their sexual orientation. All the time.

DeityD posted: »

I'm not against ships like that, but this is not how it works. No one "turns bi" for someone. I have to say again that there's nothing wrong

Sign in to comment in this discussion.