A thought on the Masked Stranger when watching a Let's Play of Episode 1

When I got to the point where the stranger asked Fiona for her side of the story, Fiona was upset that despite being kidnapped first, he was only asking her for her story hours after kidnapping her. Even the stranger seemed surprised that he hadn't thought about asking her first.

That was when a thought hit me. Perhaps the Stranger knows part of Fiona's story already, because the stranger was close to Fiona, but not to Rhys.

Comments

• Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Felix?

• the Stranger is the skag theory returns

• Well it's almost confirmed he was either close to her or could hear/see what she saw or something like that. And he was always on her side during ep 2, 3 and 4 - it's not only in the first episode.

• Doesn't he die if you don't warn him about the case, though?

JasTheEpic posted: »

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Felix?

• All I know is the Stranger really. Really. Despises Rhys.

• But what if the Stranger hates Rhys because the stranger is really a robot made of Rhys' self loathing?

enter image description here

bigdogg0821 posted: »

All I know is the Stranger really. Really. Despises Rhys.

• Maybe the Rhys hates Stranger because the Rhys is really a robot made of Stranger's self loathing?

Poogers555 posted: »

But what if the Stranger hates Rhys because the stranger is really a robot made of Rhys' self loathing?

• Maybe the Stranger is Helios?

Think about it, both of them have one eye.

• edited September 2015

"The Rhys"

Maybe the Rhys hates Stranger because the Rhys is really a robot made of Stranger's self loathing?

• I'm right now thinking it's Lilith, cause there is actual proof for it. Of course there is no way to know if the proof is official or just someone trolling but what the hey.

• These gifs in sync got me like

Poogers555 posted: »

"The Rhys"

• enter image description here

COME BACK YOU'RE GOING TOO DEEP

Maybe the Rhys hates Stranger because the Rhys is really a robot made of Stranger's self loathing?

• 'actual proof'?

I'm right now thinking it's Lilith, cause there is actual proof for it. Of course there is no way to know if the proof is official or just someone trolling but what the hey.

• IM COMING BACK MAN!

COME BACK YOU'RE GOING TOO DEEP

• Thats just the Borderlands wiki with someone having fun.

But I kinda think its Lilith too because they make sure you hear here name in ep 3 and again in ep 4

Look at where it shows voice actors

• When I got to the point where the stranger asked Fiona for her side of the story, Fiona was upset that despite being kidnapped first, he was only asking her for her story hours after kidnapping her. Even the stranger seemed surprised that he hadn't thought about asking her first.

I think that's just Lampshade Hanging on the fact that Rhys' side of the story needs to be told first for the whole thing to make sense.

• Think about it, both of them have one eye.

I'm gonna kill you Claptrap.

Maybe the Stranger is Helios? Think about it, both of them have one eye.

• edited September 2015

Yea that wiki edit is definitely a troll lmao. Anyways Lilith being the stranger ehh I had a theory @Mercyva's stranger thread. Sorry there isn't a TL: DR but here was my theory.

I think it's Lilith(Probably wrong). Since the stranger is making them redo their adventure. Probably Lilith might be seeing if they're "Vault Hunter material/Worthy. From what I've seen people think Rhys and Fiona could become Vault Hunters in Borderlands 3. Also Athena probably told Lilith, Mordecai, Brick.etc about them and how she was training Fiona about vault hunter stuff and things. One thing I don't understand tho if the "they were kidnapped a year later thing" is true why would she get them that late. Since the watcher said "War is coming soon". Soon could be within a year also. Also the stranger said I know what it's like to lose someone you love or something like that (Lilith lost Roland to Jack) and "I'm not a patient person" the stranger said that at one point in episode 2 or 3. Though I don't like Lilith either because she betrayed Jack then she branded his face and she tried to kill Athena with her Crimson Raiders execution squad.

Ignore that last sentence I just copy n pasted 2 of my comments.

I'm right now thinking it's Lilith, cause there is actual proof for it. Of course there is no way to know if the proof is official or just someone trolling but what the hey.

• Doesn't seem too far fetched actually.

Stranger = Sasha

• Still, it's a good question. The Stranger seems a bit too aware to not have asked Fiona first. It sounds like someone familiar with her story. Why would the Stranger have such an odd oversight?

When I got to the point where the stranger asked Fiona for her side of the story, Fiona was upset that despite being kidnapped first, he was

• For me, it's either Felix or Athena. I'm kinda losing hope on the whole Timmothy theory :(

• The Stranger is proving themself to be rather unaware about things every episode. Forgetting to ask Fiona's story was the first oversight, but then in episode 2 Fiona pointed out that he wasted ammo and he shot the guy changing the tire. There was also the "Huh." scene when they found the chassis and his face pun in episode 4 proving he's not a very serious kidnapper.

Still, it's a good question. The Stranger seems a bit too aware to not have asked Fiona first. It sounds like someone familiar with her story. Why would the Stranger have such an odd oversight?

• We Never See The Body/Body Parts.

derrickd95 posted: »

Doesn't he die if you don't warn him about the case, though?

• I am driving myself INSANE!

mirashade posted: »

Think about it, both of them have one eye. I'm gonna kill you Claptrap.

• I think it's safe to assume he'd be dead, though, seeing as it's pretty hard to escape an explosion. Plus, I find it pretty badass of Fiona in Episode 1 with "Choke on it." Probably would get a bunch of people on the forums going 'such a pointless choice..' Still, I'd like to see this. Felix was a good character.

JasTheEpic posted: »

We Never See The Body/Body Parts.

• Theory: What if that shield Rhysie picks up was his?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I think it's safe to assume he'd be dead, though, seeing as it's pretty hard to escape an explosion. Plus, I find it pretty badass of Fiona

Sign in to comment in this discussion.