Why Rhys is so much more interesting and fun to play than Fiona?

2»

Comments

• This is pretty much it.

I'll add that (for me) there's never really a question of how to play Fiona. She wants money, and she wants to look our for her sister. And those two things are never really in conflict. She never really has to make a difficult choice, never in what she "should" do, it's just about figuring out the best way to do something. To me that's kind of boring. I want to be morally torn about something every so often, it's just too easy to make Fiona's decisions.

With Rhys it feels like I'm always balancing my own ambitions vs loyalty to my friends. He's always torn between those two options. Does he betray Vaughn to get the out from Vasquez? Does he go straight to Gortys or pick up Sasha and Fiona first? Does he side with Jack over Fiona? Does he jack in to the executive port or go down and rejoin his friends? None of these choices are that easy.

cussbunny posted: »

I think it has less to do with who they are as characters, and more to do with the mechanics of storytelling. Good storytelling comes from c

• Am I the only one that thinks like literally the exact opposite?

• Rhys's dream( ruling Hyperion) is usually mentioned more than Fiona's (leaving Pandora with Sasha for a better life and getting away from Vallory and her goons).

• Couldn't have said it better myself.

Personally (since this all opinions anyways), I find Fiona more interesting but find Rhys more relatable. Rhys and Fiona are designed to be

• I like Fiona better, but... okay.

• enter image description here

it has nothing to do with Fiona's gender. It's her story, character and game mechanic. On one side, you have this funny and ambitious compan

• You reasons being...?

Green613 posted: »

Am I the only one that thinks like literally the exact opposite?

• I just like her side of the story much better, and I like her personality way more than Rhys'

You reasons being...?

• edited September 2015

Cause hes a hella more sexier and his story involves Handosme Jack(whos also sexy mind you). For me i enjoy playing as him, Alot *ahem.

• But y’know,there are also straight males who play this game and find Rhys more interesting (including me),so it’s not that big of a factor.

UmbraCode posted: »

Cause hes a hella more sexier and his story involves Handosme Jack(whos also sexy mind you). For me i enjoy playing as him, Alot *ahem.

• edited September 2015

I know lol, i can tell from this thread(since most of people who supports him are guys) and the Ryhsha thread. On tumblr(gross) there are alot of people who think that only straight males like Rhys the most and thats why Telltale opts for a Rhysa romance instead on RhysXVaught/Jack and other nonsense etc. Despite the fact there are alot of girls who love Rhysha. Theres just alot of irrational hate for my OTP their.

Im just giving one my main reason for liking Rhys more, im a straight girl who enjoys playing Rhys more cause his story invlovles Jack/Hyperion and a romance with Sasha. And hes incredibly attractive.

ZapThroat posted: »

But y’know,there are also straight males who play this game and find Rhys more interesting (including me),so it’s not that big of a factor.

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited September 2015

Amen to that, I'm so happy that there are still people who have rational outlook on stuff

edit: Just to be clear I'm a straight guy but I also like playing Rhys more because he has so much more going on than Fiona, not saying that's she's bad to play.

I know lol, i can tell from this thread(since most of people who supports him are guys) and the Ryhsha thread. On tumblr(gross) there are al

• Tumblr is the worst place on the internet you could go to,I never went their and I already hate it.

enter link description here

But you gotta admit,their are some really artistic people on there.

I know lol, i can tell from this thread(since most of people who supports him are guys) and the Ryhsha thread. On tumblr(gross) there are al

• edited September 2015

When i read some post n tumblr saying that only guys can support forcedhetero ship that is Rhysa and that Telltale is catering to cis men made me so angry i almost made and account lol. Despite the fact are hoards of women who ship Rysha on tumblr(alot of the fanart are drawn by girls lol).

Yep, his entire story arc revolves Jacks epic return and their rise to power to take back Hyperion to take over the universe(if you side with him) or you trying struggling to keep the A.I of the most dangerous man in the universe at bay on the fact that hell destroy everything you love. Fiona's story just pales in comparison although i do like playing as her as well.

Leluch123 posted: »

Amen to that, I'm so happy that there are still people who have rational outlook on stuff edit: Just to be clear I'm a straight guy but I

• Thats like the only reason i go to that cesspoll of idiocy and hate. Most of them are idiots but like you said the art their is amazing.

Tumblr is the worst place on the internet you could go to,I never went their and I already hate it. enter link description here But you gotta admit,their are some really artistic people on there.

• This i all agree with

Off_Ground posted: »

I like playing Rhys mostly because he's consistent and a pretty authentic character, in addition to all the previously stated reasons. He ha

• almost made and account

glad you didn't it would be one of worst mistakes in your life, while back I tried to argue with Tumblr person and all I got was a headache and ban so trust me there's no need to talk to those people. Best way it's just ignoring them and doing your stuff.

And I'm 100% with you about Rhys yeah like I mentioned on some other thread TT makes him the main character. Just look at ep 4 intro him walking right in the middle.

When i read some post n tumblr saying that only guys can support forcedhetero ship that is Rhysa and that Telltale is catering to cis men ma

• It's like looking for those rare pearls in a really deep and smelly mud

Tumblr is the worst place on the internet you could go to,I never went their and I already hate it. enter link description here But you gotta admit,their are some really artistic people on there.

• Glad i didnt lol and yeah he comes off as the central MC, ep 4 is basically his episode.

almost made and account glad you didn't it would be one of worst mistakes in your life, while back I tried to argue with Tumblr pers

• Yup I can't wait to see ep 5 and how this story ends

Glad i didnt lol and yeah he comes off as the central MC, ep 4 is basically his episode.

• I disagree. I find Rhys really boring and I don't like anyone from his part of the story (except Jack). His storyline is starting to get better tho, with that last decision.

• Man I was just about to write a big post on this lol, but you pretty much took the words right outta my brain :D if I could give you a cookie right now I totally would.

I think it has less to do with who they are as characters, and more to do with the mechanics of storytelling. Good storytelling comes from c

• Hey man, I will take cookies any time. :D

Enigma12 posted: »

Man I was just about to write a big post on this lol, but you pretty much took the words right outta my brain if I could give you a cookie right now I totally would.

• edited September 2015

Aww, come on guys, seriously? Where is all this tumblr hate coming from?

• for one, it's a really convenient image upload place, I store all my screen-caps and stuff there
    • as mentioned before, it stores a lot of great art
    • you can actually follow all the most ridiculous blogs to later mock at other sites, like this one, eh?
    • ...or I do, at least? But that's what everyone does, right..?

Or I guess I'm just a dick, but I actually do all of the above, and that makes me rather appreciative of tumblr... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's like looking for those rare pearls in a really deep and smelly mud

Aww, come on guys, seriously? Where is all this tumblr hate coming from? * for one, it's a really convenient image upload place, I stor

• Rhysha shippers hate tumblr because the Rhack shippers are picking on them, or so I heard. I wouldn't know...never bothered with tumblr.

Aww, come on guys, seriously? Where is all this tumblr hate coming from? * for one, it's a really convenient image upload place, I stor

• Eh? I just said tumblr is fun to mock and a good place to find art at, why you meme me buddy?

• Simply becasue it's filled with morons who think that they hold all the answers and everyone who dare to question them are instatly swarmed by said morons. Image would shit stom I would cause if I started a blog that says I hate Rhak and Gayperion and all those shippers should kill themselves.

• But... but that's where all the fun is at... You can literally start internet wars with one troll comment... You can. Start. Wars... and then sit back and watch the fallout. Screencap it, too.

What's not to love?!

enter image description here

Simply becasue it's filled with morons who think that they hold all the answers and everyone who dare to question them are instatly swarmed

• you...You...YOU!!!! that's actually a damn fine point you made....oh hell so frikin hilarious! Why hadn't I thought of it! I think I need to make account on Tumblr.

But... but that's where all the fun is at... You can literally start internet wars with one troll comment... You can. Start. Wars... and then sit back and watch the fallout. Screencap it, too. What's not to love?!

• Hmm, is there actual decisions to make to show Fiona's feelings to Athena? I've played through the chapters a few times but haven't received that sort of outcome.

• fiona was good but they messed her up in ep3

What are you talking about? I enjoyed playing Fiona in that episode

• Fiona's lived long enough on Pandora to know how to handle most situations, and when she truly gets in trouble she's got other Pandora-savvy people to fall back on (Felix, Sasha and Athena especially). Rhys, on the other hand, has never been to Pandora, has no idea what the hell he's doing and has an accountant, a robot and a dead guy for backup. Inversely, Rhys is a lot more confident on Helios while Fiona's winging it more than usual.

That's why I prefer playing as Rhys in early episodes and Fiona in later ones. Things are fun when they go wrong.

• I like both of their characters, though Rhys beats Fiona by a hair in my book.

I personally think I like Rhys more because I see more of myself in him, and the reason I slightly dislike Fiona a bit more is because I find her a bit rude at times.

Courtenay posted: »

Fiona's lived long enough on Pandora to know how to handle most situations, and when she truly gets in trouble she's got other Pandora-savvy

• Not in any sort of super obvious way, and it's not telegraphed so clearly as Rhys's crush on Sasha, but there are a couple dialogue options that hint more towards it than others. A lot of it was the way she looks at Athena and brushes her hair away from her face/plays with her hair every time she talks to her, which is a thing girls do subconsciously when they are attracted to someone. It's subtle, but when I played through it the first time, I definitely came away thinking "oh, Fiona's gay, and she has a crush on Athena." It could also probably be read as Fiona just looking up to Athena as a super badass and wanting to be like her, and not a romantic or sexual attraction. Either way I thought it to be an interesting development and was bummed when Athena was taken out of the story.

I didn't make an account here till after ep 4 was released and I think I said in another thread somewhere that I was surprised that no one else seemed to pick up on Fiona being gay and attracted to Athena since I didn't see it being talked about anywhere, though it had seemed clear to me. Given how seriously people on this forum take "shipping" and how worked up they get about who is attracted to who and who should end up with who I thought it wise to just let it be my interpretation and not loudly insist that I am correct.

Though maybe it is worth mentioning that while I am a straight woman, probably 90% of my female friends are lesbians, which might mean that A) I am just good at recognizing the signs because I have been watching these girl crushes play out for decades, or B) maybe I read too much into it because I am used to lesbians everywhere ;)

Whether or not it was a romantic crush or just mild hero worship, I thought it was an interesting dynamic and relationship development that I was sorry to see end.

Hmm, is there actual decisions to make to show Fiona's feelings to Athena? I've played through the chapters a few times but haven't received that sort of outcome.

• You are so goddamn evil. xD

But... but that's where all the fun is at... You can literally start internet wars with one troll comment... You can. Start. Wars... and then sit back and watch the fallout. Screencap it, too. What's not to love?!

Courtenay posted: »

...i've really gotta stop wasting my study time on this crap

• i prefer rhys because ive always liked to play as a cyborg kinda person like the dlc for dead rising2 otr cyborg pack always use that plus i get to scan stuff as with fiona you cant

Sign in to comment in this discussion.