The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Wow, that's some powerful shit. I hope your uncle is okay and doesn't have first-responder sickness.

Flight 93 crashed not too far from where I lived, but I was quite young (9) and dumber than a bag of hammers, so the horror of what happened didn't really register with me until well after the fact.

In a strange way, I owe my interest in foreign policy to the attacks and theevents that followed. Eventually, I started asking questions like "why do they hate us?", "why did the Taliban help Bin Laden?" Those question lead me down the rabbit hole of politics and Middle Eastern history and shaped my outlook on the world.

I know it's been fourteen years, but I still get emotions from the attacks. My mother's family is from New York. My uncle is NYPD detective

• My uncle doesn't seem to have much problems, physical at least, but it shook him up definitely. He and his partner found this certificate of a woman who worked in the towers, and informed the daughter. They went to the company of the girl, and everyone was there to see them give the certificate, all that remained of her to the daughter. They didn't understand why everyone came.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Wow, that's some powerful shit. I hope your uncle is okay and doesn't have first-responder sickness. Flight 93 crashed not too far from

• Thanks, ehh boxing isn't my thing but I am physically fit for my age and gender(I pass above average on all my physical exams in Physical education for as long as I've been in school, probably because in the past few summers me and friends used to go to the park for "exercise" or something related to that). I hope all these thoughts vanish completely now that I have advice from you guys :D.

Markd4547 posted: »

I'm sorry I taught you were a guy that's why I was so harsh on the sister part and I wish you the best of luck being a boxer myself girls wh

• As long as you feel okay, that's all that matters. But if you have a feeling it'll come back or does, I hope you are able to seek therapy.

Good luck. If you need to talk to anyone, I'm available. :)

Well......I do have a friend I really trust but at the same time she doesn't understand stuff like this. Doctors nowadays don't do shit, if

• Thanks, I never knew there were this many good people on the forums :).

As long as you feel okay, that's all that matters. But if you have a feeling it'll come back or does, I hope you are able to seek therapy. Good luck. If you need to talk to anyone, I'm available.

• Here are the "normal" reasons to get angry:

• You feel your rights have been violated.
    • You feel you are entitled to something, and you aren't going to get it.
    • Someone has done something to hurt you or someone you care about.
    • You're mad at yourself because of something you did badly, when you thought you should have been able to do better.

And there may be a couple others that I missed.

The next time you get angry, pause and see if you can figure out which category your anger's cause falls within. If your anger has no apparent cause at all, maybe it was caused earlier in the day by something else, and it's only manifesting itself now.

If you figure out the cause, then you have a way forward.

Well I've never really told anybody about this but I might as well say it now. It's about my self-image and mental state. Around late Mar

• It used too be out of no reason, I was/still am impulsive. I'll take y'all advice and see how it goes from now.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Here are the "normal" reasons to get angry: * You feel your rights have been violated. * You feel you are entitled to something, and y

• Mortal Kombat X is cancelled for Xbox 360 and PS3.

What's infuriating is that the game was developed with Unreal Engine 3, which enables the game to be ported to last-gen consoles.

I'm pissed right now ;_;

• Just be careful , my best friend shot himself in the hand when we were kids.

I'll try to practice shooting a gun in the near future.

• I gave all my anger to god. It was poisoning me to the core.

Thanks, it helped me a great deal. The log is something I kept going even after I got off the offending medications. I try not to let it

• You want to take your anger out on something inconsequential? Play some Dynasty Warriors. That game is GREAT for relieving stress. Just remember not to play for too long or you'll get burned out.

Well I've never really told anybody about this but I might as well say it now. It's about my self-image and mental state. Around late Mar

• Got one of those mini controllers for my xbone because it was cheap than found out the fucking thing doesn't have any way to plug your mic in so now if i want to talk online i'll have to shell out 60 buck for a brand new controller and another 20 for a mic god damn i could buy a lot more with that money

• edited September 2015

I'm not one to usually rant, but I feel like getting it out of my system. It's rather controversial. Now, yesterday Capcom announced a new Resident Evil based game (spin-off mind you) for it's 20th anniversary. Umbrella Corps. A multiplayer shooter with a Resident Evil theme as the backdrop, a silly fun low budget game for friends to play on. I for one find it interesting. However, not so much when it comes to the rabid dogs of the fan base. Right off the bat, I see people bitching and whining about it. Saying it's not the old school style, it's survival horror, Capcom hasn't learned it's lesson, fuck you Capcom, it's not this, it's not that, blah blah blah!

I swear I've never seen such immaturity of this scale in my life. It has to be THEIR WAY, Capcom can't have any control of their projects. When it comes to abusive relationships between fans and a company, people point fingers at the company, but they never look at themselves. It's true people can have their opinions, but it doesn't mean they're always right. Capcom has every right to choose a game they see fit for production. The real problem is much of the Resident Evil fandom. Stuck in the past, selfish and unappeasable nostalgia fanatics. Capcom has given the people what they're looking for with REmake Remaster, RE0 Remaster, and REmake , even the Revelations series. And yet that doesn't seem to be good enough. It always has to be one way, it has to be the old school way. Such self-centered entitlement. There's also something ironic, some called this game "Call of Evil" a mock of COD. These people make fun of Call of Duty which never changes its gameplay throughout each title, yet the make fun of a game that has differences in gameplay when it's Resident Evil. Such hypocrisy. They should glad Capcom even thinks about them. Capcom has to cater to all kinds of fans, not just one category. People need to accept change, accept the past is over, the present is now. And you wonder why Albert Wesker hated people so much. Like...

enter image description here

End rant.

• I think people are just frustrated with capcom, because they had a series like resident evil, and it turned to shit after four. I personally don't care what they do anymore. I lost pretty much all interest in this series. In my opinion, i think they should just focus on re releasing the games the fans want, like a resident evil 2 remake, possibly three. Megaman Legends, etc.

I'm not one to usually rant, but I feel like getting it out of my system. It's rather controversial. Now, yesterday Capcom announced a new R

• As unpleasant as the fandom is, it's ultimately Capcom's fault. They're offering a product that the majority of their customers don't want

I'm not one to usually rant, but I feel like getting it out of my system. It's rather controversial. Now, yesterday Capcom announced a new R

• Pretty much , they're doing a Konami right now. They should of realised by not listening to the fans, it will cause them to go bankrupt. I think last year they were pretty close to bankruptcy. Then they came out with the RE Remake for steam, and made some money off that.

As unpleasant as the fandom is, it's ultimately Capcom's fault. They're offering a product that the majority of their customers don't want

• Maybe it's cultural. In America, "the customer is always right" is the cornerstone of business. I'm not sure sure if the same attitude prevails in Japan.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Pretty much , they're doing a Konami right now. They should of realised by not listening to the fans, it will cause them to go bankrupt. I

• Well let's have a little perspective here. This new game they announced is basically Operation Raccoon City.

• I was about to say, "Did I travel back before Operation Raccoon City was released"

Well let's have a little perspective here. This new game they announced is basically Operation Raccoon City.

• Maybe they just changed the name to Umbrlla Corps from Operation Raccoon City 2: Raccoon Harder.

I was about to say, "Did I travel back before Operation Raccoon City was released"

• youre fucking kidding me i cant even afford a ps4 now im super pissed

Mortal Kombat X is cancelled for Xbox 360 and PS3. What's infuriating is that the game was developed with Unreal Engine 3, which enables the game to be ported to last-gen consoles. I'm pissed right now ;_;

• Maybe it won't be so bad. I played Operation Raccoon City, and that game sucked.

Maybe they just changed the name to Umbrlla Corps from Operation Raccoon City 2: Raccoon Harder.

• I don't even have a PS4 or a XBOX One.

But the devs were able to make an iOS port.

uGH.

youre fucking kidding me i cant even afford a ps4 now im super pissed

• i dont know why they made an ios port but not ps3/xbox its ridiculous

I don't even have a PS4 or a XBOX One. But the devs were able to make an iOS port. uGH.

• edited September 2015

that game was crap and the spec ops missions werent any better but i got it for dirt cheap preowned so im not complaining

Maybe it won't be so bad. I played Operation Raccoon City, and that game sucked.

• edited September 2015

Fair enough. Perhaps I was overzealous (is that the word?) considering my history with immature people so it makes me bitter. I do agree Capcom has made some questionable decisions, as much as I wanted the scary approach with RE5 (beta was very interesting) and witnessing some mishaps in RE6, I still managed to enjoy them because I accepted them. I try to be a fair critic when it comes to video games. I just find it tedious as soon as a game's announced people shit on it. Otherwise I have no real problem if the person has a different taste in a genre or a game, etc. I try to be fair in other's opinions unless I think it's complete bullshit. I think at least the best thing to do play it to try it (if a demo is available, or you have someone who has it) or give time to learn more about it first before the bashing.

They're offering a product that the majority of their customers don't want

While that may seem like the case on the internet, we should also count the community outside the internet. I'm certain most people who like this genre just doesn't use the internet as much and doesn't comment considering how toxic it is. Haters tends to bark the most in many occasions. Anyway the simple matter of fact is that this is a shooter with Resident Evil as the backdrop. It's not meant to be directly tied to the series. There's no big deal out of it. It's just like every other game, if you don't want it, don't get it. You can't expect a company to make a game you'll like all the time, and you can't force a company into cancelling a project if it's not in your tastes. This game will sell regardless, Capcom needs the money to keep going as they work on bigger projects. This game is only filler, no big deal. Would I have wanted a better announcement? Perhaps, but I just accept what they're doing. And besides, what if it sells well by surprise? That money can be used into the production of projects such as REmake 2.

As unpleasant as the fandom is, it's ultimately Capcom's fault. They're offering a product that the majority of their customers don't want

• Only relations it has is the concept of playing as professionally trained Umbrella soldiers and that it has multiplayer, a shooter genre with grittiness in a Resident Evil theme. :P But if they have the cast from ORC as unlockable characters then that'll bind the ties with ORC (I enjoyed the story and cast but didn't care for its multiplayer). ORC wasn't the best game, but it wasn't the worst either.

Well let's have a little perspective here. This new game they announced is basically Operation Raccoon City.

• Yeah, I got it for like 12 dollars.

that game was crap and the spec ops missions werent any better but i got it for dirt cheap preowned so im not complaining

• Right, so it has the same concept. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Only relations it has is the concept of playing as professionally trained Umbrella soldiers and that it has multiplayer, a shooter genre wit

• Okay, fair point. It does seem a bit like it. I'd try it myself but I got no PS4 at the moment (saving up for one next year), the multiplayer does seem pretty okay. I heard the cover system is sorta like how Watch Dogs does it, and they got some neat weapons (with the classic cheesy style in the names). It could be fun, even better than ORC's multiplayer. But I'm holding onto my chips until it comes out since I could be wrong.

Right, so it has the same concept. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

• Love gears of war hate the online community all your aloud to use the gnasher and if use any weapon other than that you get screamed at

• Boltok or nothing.

zeke10 posted: »

Love gears of war hate the online community all your aloud to use the gnasher and if use any weapon other than that you get screamed at

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited September 2015

This is something i don't really do often, but i'm going to talk about something that i saw and it bothers me in a way. There was a internet video of this girl who was "fat shaming people to be edgy/for subscribers.

Is this really who we are becoming? Personally, maybe because i lived a hard life when i was younger that make me more i guess sympathetic to people. I don't really feel good about this, her gaining subscribers, it just blows my mind. Maybe i am the one who is crazy, maybe it is ok to sell the world out to make yourself Rich. I don't know man, i just have a real problem with everyone hating on bigger people, when everyone is all PC about everything else. It feels like such a double standard, and it makes me wonder why society lets this happen?

That girl has some serious mental problems, and she is just projecting her pain onto others, plus to make herself famous.

I don't know when i got older, i had a lot of guilt. Maybe she'll feel something when someone kills themselves after watching one of her hate videos.

• enter link description here

She a attention whore and everyone feeds her even the media and you can see on her face she loves it mission successful she hit a nerve and now got the attention she craves and the money from the views

There is a thing called thin preveilge where they are PC

http://everydayfeminism.com/2012/11/20-examples-of-thin-privilege/

She won't and make more edgy videos as it worked last time, gain more attention, gain more views and subs = More money the best thing people can do is ignore her and her videos this was all planned to get famous as long as the money keeps rolling in she don't give a f**k how.

This is something i don't really do often, but i'm going to talk about something that i saw and it bothers me in a way. There was a interne

• I've seen that video. Bitch should mind her own business, not everyone can be a rail-thin twig like her.

This is something i don't really do often, but i'm going to talk about something that i saw and it bothers me in a way. There was a interne

• Amen.

• If you're talking about the video where the first thing the girl says is she has semen in her hair, that's where I stopped watching. She's obviously one of THOSE people.

• Your mom got arrested because she defended herself? What the hell is that!?

iHeartTWD posted: »

I haven't really been on here often but I just remember about this thread and I think it's a really good time to vent right now. The followi

• Just got braces and they're fucking killing me at the moment.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited September 2015

I don't know man, i just know that the things i've done wrong in my life, the older i get i have regrets. I'm sorry, but this girl if she ever got in my way i would destroy her emotionally, every way i could that i could get away with.. I would give her a verbal assault that would leave her PTSD traumatized, i hate this shit so much.

This is the shit that pisses me off, and you don't want to piss off a PTSD vet.

Markd4547 posted: »

enter link description here She a attention whore and everyone feeds her even the media and you can see on her face she loves it mission

Sign in to comment in this discussion.