The Episode 5 Big Twist Prediction Thread

Sure, Tales From The Borderlands is a good game. It may have great characters, both humourous and heartfelt moments, an involving plot with twists and turns, with awesome villians, well voiced people, as well as great big action set pieces, as well as quieter ones, set in a fascinating sci-fi universe which is constantly being fleshed out. But the only true way Tales can be considered great is if it has one big twist in the final episode. It doesn't matter how absurd it is or how little it has to make sense, but it has to happen to guarntee Tales for greatness, like all the work of M Night Shyamalan.

What are your predictions? Mine would be:

Rhys is actually a trans, lesbian, siren.

Vaughn is the traitor if you didn't high five him.

Sasha is the traitor if you didn't get her an ass a spank.

The Handsome Jack AI doesn't exist, it's actually a split personality defect of Rhys, who is suffering from PTSD after having all his friends murdered by the BL2 Vault Hunters.

Loader Bot is the traitor and stranger at the same time.

It turns out Fiona and Sasha are not real sisters.

Hideo Kojima is the stranger. "What took you so long?"

Scooter isn't dead. (In all seriousness, I actually believe this will be the case, I mean, he can't of died. Right? Right?)

The Personification of Telltale's Game of Thrones is the stranger. "WHY CAN'T I BE GOOD AS YOU! WHY!? sobs

Comments

• edited September 2015

Everyone is actually dead, including Rhys, Fiona and the stranger.

And this game was a lie

In all seriousness tho, I think another twist is that someone was else is going to betray us. But I'm most likely wrong ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• but it has to happen to guarntee Tales for greatness, like all the work of M Night Shyamalan.

Try telling that to The Village, The Happening, The Last Airbender, and After Earth. Yes the other Borderlands games have had a major twist in them, and so has Tales, but this game would still be fantastic without one. Telltale shouldn't force in a twist (like Shymalan does) if it doesn't need it, only if it will benefit the story.

• I was kidding.

• Im sure the twist will be the strangers identity.

Also Scooters voice actor basically confirmed that Scooter isnt coming back ;-;

• Those points you stated:

enter image description here

• The Personification of Telltale's Game of Thrones is the stranger. "WHY CAN'T I BE GOOD AS YOU! WHY!? sobs

XD

• The Stranger is actually the Captain's dead mother. No one expects her because they say she's dead, but have we seen the body?

• This isn't for episode 5 but for the whole Borderlands franchise

Marcus was hallucinating the stories, they were all fake

Every Character in all the Borderlands games were made up except Marcus

The End.

• My life is a lie.

This isn't for episode 5 but for the whole Borderlands franchise Marcus was hallucinating the stories, they were all fake Every Character in all the Borderlands games were made up except Marcus The End.

• Twist:

Your lie is a life.

ZapThroat posted: »

My life is a lie.

• That security guards mom is the stranger.

• edited September 2015

Anyone want some pie?

A bomb pie?

(It rhymed I'm sorry)

• Either everyone:

A) Gets the reference and are trying to find pictures to post about the reference.

B) Is going to insult ClapTrap

C) Thinks I'm an idiot and what I posted didn't make any sense

Shit.

Anyone want some pie? A bomb pie? (It rhymed I'm sorry)

• edited September 2015

[Gets the reference and are trying to find pictures to post about the reference]

[Is going to insult ClapTrap]

[Thinks I'm an idiot and what I posted didn't make any sense]

Me: Claptrap ruined it

Either everyone: A) Gets the reference and are trying to find pictures to post about the reference. Is going to insult ClapTrap C) Thinks I'm an idiot and what I posted didn't make any sense Shit.

• lmao my bad

[Gets the reference and are trying to find pictures to post about the reference] [Is going to insult ClapTrap] [Thinks I'm an idiot and what I posted didn't make any sense] Me: Claptrap ruined it

• The Stranger is actually that Skag that Rhys and Vaughn ran over in Ep1. Seeking revenge.
    • The whole game is based on Tiny Tina playing an edited version of Bunkers and Badasses. Butt Stallion turns out to be the stranger.
    • Jack isn't really dead, and it turns out he's just hiding underneath his fancy desk. The AI was just an illusion because of Rhys' undiagnosed Schizophrenia.
    • Claptrap is revealed as the stranger. Turns out he was just trying to find someone who could help him get up a set of stairs.
    • Scooter survived. His explanation; "I got lucky. Real lucky."
  • edited September 2015

Scooter survived. His explanation; "I got lucky. Real lucky."

whoops, rite?

* The Stranger is actually that Skag that Rhys and Vaughn ran over in Ep1. Seeking revenge. * The whole game is based on Tiny Tina playing

• The Stranger is Gared Tuttle and the North Grove is a Vault.

In Borderlands 2 Jack mentions scooping out a guy's eyes with a spoon as the guys kids are watching, one of those kids was Gregor Forrester. Gregor doesn't want the North Grove to fall into the wrong hands because he doesn't want Westeros to suffer at the hands of Handsome Jack. It is vital to the survival of House Forrester because of the Siren inside, Gared rescues her but is transported to Pandora.

When the Stranger tella Fiona he knows what it's like to lose someone you care about he's talking about Sylvie and Cotter who are killed on Pandora moments after arriving.

• edited September 2015

I can't be serious about my theories or everyone will think I'm insane, I can't be serious about my th--

HANDSOME JACK AND BILL CIPHER FROM GRAVITY FALLS ARE LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON. There, I said it.

• Rhys is actually a trans, lesbian, siren.

I would say this is plausible, but Rhys's anatomy is just too man-like. His shoulders are too broad for what a woman's would be, too.

But, y'know, it IS 800 years into the future, so I don't doubt that he's had some pretty neat work done.

The Handsome Jack AI doesn't exist, it's actually a split personality defect of Rhys, who is suffering from PTSD after having all his friends murdered by the BL2 Vault Hunters.

Again, plausible, but is it possible for his split personality to be EXACTLY like Handsome Jack? And it's also a major coincidence that Jack suddenly appeared when Rhys stuck in Nakyama's ID drive.

It turns out Fiona and Sasha are not real sisters.

I've also been thinking about this, too. They just don't look alike that much, which gave me the sub-conscious thought that they were from different families but when they were young, referred to themselves as sisters. Or as the title-card says "kid sister."

Scooter isn't dead. (In all seriousness, I actually believe this will be the case, I mean, he can't of died. Right? Right?)

Isn't he hooked up to a New-U machine?

• edited September 2015

Jack isn't really dead, and it turns out he's just hiding underneath his fancy desk.

That. That is priceless!!!

* The Stranger is actually that Skag that Rhys and Vaughn ran over in Ep1. Seeking revenge. * The whole game is based on Tiny Tina playing

• edited September 2015

I would say this is plausible, but Rhys's anatomy is just too man-like. His shoulders are too broad for what a woman's would be, too.

But, y'know, it IS 800 years into the future, so I don't doubt that he's had some pretty neat work done.

Yea present time Rhys looks more buff than past Rhys (Look at the chest, probably could be the clothes but eh)

Rhys is actually a trans, lesbian, siren. I would say this is plausible, but Rhys's anatomy is just too man-like. His shoulders are

• The stranger is the real handsome jack. The AI that has been in rhys' head that has now taken over Helios is nakayama's final f#ck up from the grave, which would explain why the stranger seems to hate rhys more than Fiona. I have a whole theory behind this, coming from the presequel, as well as tftbl.

• The entire game is a dream that Rhys was thinking about on his way to the promotion and he actually got killed by vasquez

• Rhys is telling his kids the story of how he met their mother.

• edited September 2015

Honestly, I wish that was true and when we killed Jack it turns out it was actually one of his doubles ;-;

Jack isn't really dead, and it turns out he's just hiding underneath his fancy desk. That. That is priceless!!!

• edited September 2015

hilarious and original

wait.....

Rhys = Ted

Fiona = Robin

Sasha = Tracy

RHYIONA CONFIRMED

Rhys is telling his kids the story of how he met their mother.

• New U machines aren't canon.

Rhys is actually a trans, lesbian, siren. I would say this is plausible, but Rhys's anatomy is just too man-like. His shoulders are

• WOT?

hilarious and original wait..... Rhys = Ted Fiona = Robin Sasha = Tracy RHYIONA CONFIRMED

• when a rhyiona low-key admits sasha will father rhys' children but they don't realize it and ur just like

hilarious and original wait..... Rhys = Ted Fiona = Robin Sasha = Tracy RHYIONA CONFIRMED

• edited September 2015

Rhyiona low-key

????

I thought you were cool bruh

That was the point actually

Rhys loved Sasha at first but after Sasha dies Rhys' kids tell him to go ask Fiona (His true love)

and Ted brings the "Smurf Penis" to Robin

In the Rhyiona world it's the shoe

when a rhyiona low-key admits sasha will father rhys' children but they don't realize it and ur just like

• You need Jesus m8

ZapThroat posted: »

Sorry,that was rude.

• You know, I called Yvette betraying Rhys, so you know, I think I'm going to quit while ahead.

• That's the joke Metallica.

but it has to happen to guarntee Tales for greatness, like all the work of M Night Shyamalan. Try telling that to The Village, The H

• But the HIMYM finale sucked ass, and it ruins the whole show because of how illogical it is for Ted to go after Robin.

Rhyiona low-key ???? I thought you were cool bruh That was the point actually Rhys loved Sasha at first but after Sasha die

• Thank you very much. The alternate ending was def. superior.

But the HIMYM finale sucked ass, and it ruins the whole show because of how illogical it is for Ted to go after Robin.

• Nothing about those two words is bad lol

Rhyiona low-key ???? I thought you were cool bruh That was the point actually Rhys loved Sasha at first but after Sasha die

Sign in to comment in this discussion.