Why are we only now mad at Mordecai and Brick?

Wasn't it said in TPS that they were injured from trying to capture Athena? Why is everyone NOW mad at them for it? I'm still cool with dem, cuz dey my homeboys. We ride together, we battle Vault Hunters to bring to other Vault Hunters to interrogate about said Vault Hunter's backstory together.

Comments

• I think it's that they teamed up with Vallory that got a lot of people, myself included, very angry at them.

• edited September 2015

I still like Mordecai and Brick but as Metallica said they teamed up with Vallory, so that pissed off a lot of people.

• I still love them :I Brick and Mordecai arent saint but Athena isnt either ...

Athena looks like the good but in BL universe the words like "good" or "bad" just dont exist ...

• There are a lot of people who played TFTBL without any Borderlands knowledge, also even the ones that do, seem to have a very short term memory (just like the people who hate on Lilith and Moxxi in TPS, they forget or just ignore that these events have to happen to continuity in line).

• Yes, i also think it's because they where on Vallory's side, but for me i was pretty ok with it, you know it's a normal thing, Vault hunters take side jobs from anyone that gives them rewards like money/eridium, weaponry and sometimes customization gear. The ony reason that i could hate that whole scene was because it was bullshit, but you know, the plot armor was intense in that part.

That whole fight only showed us the other side of the coin, since we always play as Vault Hunters and we simply go talk to someone, get the mission, kill if you have to, and get the reward and that's it; but in Tales we are not playing as Vault Hunters, we are simply playing as a simple Pandoran con artist and a Hyperion bussisness man againts the Vault Hunters, and they did their job and got Athena as the reward. The scene reminded me that there is no actual good in Pandora, absolutely everyone is "bad".

Also they're my homies too ;u;

• Back in TPS, they spend half of their screen time defending Athena, and trying to persuade Lilith not to kill her. It paints them in a pretty righteous light, in comparison to Lilith's bloodlust.

In TFTB, all they do is team up with a truly evil woman and attack the protagonists. We're given no reason to empathize with them.

• I never liked them anyway

• They're just doing what they were told to by Lilith and know only Lilith's side of the TPS story. Can't hate them for that.
    Now Lilith on the other hand....

• I don't them anymore, because they insulted the vault hunting abilities of Fiona, if you chose that dialogue option.

• edited September 2015

Lilith is the commander of the vault hunters after roland died plus Ive almost finished borderlands 1 as brick on solo so im not angry at all (yeah ive never finished the original game but 2 and tps ive finished more than once) so its liliths fault

• I was horrified that Brick would be so vicious to punsh a women in the face. I got no regret that I stabbed his shoulder.

• We knew that they took down Athena, another Vault Hunter, not that they were teamed up with one of TftBl's biggest baddies to help her capture our innocent(ish) protagonists. I had nothing against them before, but their attitude towards Fiona when fighting her really rubbed me the wrong way. They laughed at her, beat her up, and insulted her for trying to help her friend and it just left a bad taste in my mouth for Vault Hunters.

We've known theoretically that Vault Hunters are not good guys, but being put up against them as just a regular person really nails that into your head.

• edited September 2015

Someone who doesn't hate Lilith? That's like a unicorn!

There are a lot of people who played TFTBL without any Borderlands knowledge, also even the ones that do, seem to have a very short term mem

• Somebody's mad at them? That's funny. They're mercs, not knights in shining armors. Vallory just provided them info and support (kinda) it's not like they've been working on her or something like that. I see no reason why "we" should be mad at them now.

• edited September 2015

I was horrified that Brick would be so vicious to punsh a women in the face.

We're talking about a guy who was expelled from Sanctuary for brutal murder of a person (who sold out the New Haven's location but still) - he gouged his eyes out and cracked his skull open. Fiona wounded him twice in a fight already and he just knocked her out. That's fair and not vicious at all, realistically speaking.

Nukledus posted: »

I was horrified that Brick would be so vicious to punsh a women in the face. I got no regret that I stabbed his shoulder.

• FEED ME ERIDIUM PEASANT

enter image description here

DeityD posted: »

Someone who doesn't hate Lilith? That's like a unicorn!

• Well they are mercs. The BL2 crew burned people alive in they're trailer so long as the VH's get paid they don't care

Piggs posted: »

Back in TPS, they spend half of their screen time defending Athena, and trying to persuade Lilith not to kill her. It paints them in a prett

• Do you guys realize how fucking horrible Vault Hunters really are when you think about it.

They just constantly murder everyone and take their stuff all the time. Even when your innocent they'll most likely take your stuff anyway.

So people saying that they now hate Brick/Mordecai for fighting Fiona is ridiculous to me. They needed Athena for their own thing, Vallory had the money and help. What Vault Hunter wouldn't reject that offer?

• But there is still a code of honor.

I was horrified that Brick would be so vicious to punsh a women in the face. ... We're talking about a guy who was expelled from

• Mordecai GAVE Fiona CHANCE to leave by saying that it was VAULT HUNTER business. Yet Fiona stated that she WAS a VAULT HUNTER.

Athena isn't exactly a good guy either, not to say that she's BAD. Think about all the jobs SHE'S taken to kill people, and the people she's just killed even if they didn't have involvement in her sisters death.

Vault Hunters fighting each other really isn't that big of a deal... They weren't even trying to kill her, anyways. Just capture her. (Not so much, Lilith, though...)

• If a girl hits you or physically harms you, I'll be damned if I can't fight back...

But there is still a code of honor.

• Yeah Brick is such a small vulnerable guy

bigdogg0821 posted: »

If a girl hits you or physically harms you, I'll be damned if I can't fight back...

• But still funny that Fiona hurted them more than Athena did xD

bigdogg0821 posted: »

If a girl hits you or physically harms you, I'll be damned if I can't fight back...

• Because stabbing someone in the hand with an icicle is totally not hurting them.

Yeah Brick is such a small vulnerable guy

• He survived it xD

Because stabbing someone in the hand with an icicle is totally not hurting them.

• She survived his punch :/

Hell, she wasn't even INJURED

He survived it xD

• remember what they said before the fight? they don't hate Athena, they were just told to capture her, on pandora, two people fighting doesnt make them enemies, it's like that quest in bl2 with the 4 arguing vault hunters that you have to break up, they're still friends but they're just solving problems in the only way the know how, whith guns.

zeke10 posted: »

Well they are mercs. The BL2 crew burned people alive in they're trailer so long as the VH's get paid they don't care

• I still judge him xD

She survived his punch Hell, she wasn't even INJURED

• Honor? They're mercs. And for the mercs, they showed honor when they tried to tell her to leave. And by not killing her, too. It's Pandora, that is as far as chivalry here goes. At least they didn't try to actually kill her like August did (I mean I like the guy but this is kinda f*cked up even by Pandora's standards).

But there is still a code of honor.

• Yeah you are right its Pandora but it was still frightened for me to see how that brown just punshed her in the face.

Honor? They're mercs. And for the mercs, they showed honor when they tried to tell her to leave. And by not killing her, too. It's Pandora,

• But it was ok when they were fighting Athena? Because she сan fight back? Because they're somehow equal since she's an assassin and a Vault hunter?

I dunno. It was a bit sudden for me but that's all. No hard feelings.

Yeah you are right its Pandora but it was still frightened for me to see how that brown just punshed her in the face.

• Athena is trained assassin and has a lot of experince. Fiona was just rookie and not battle hardened like her.

But it was ok when they were fighting Athena? Because she сan fight back? Because they're somehow equal since she's an assassin and a Vault hunter? I dunno. It was a bit sudden for me but that's all. No hard feelings.

• Hence they told her to leave. But she insisted that she can handle it and that she's a VH so... not their fault or problem.

Athena is trained assassin and has a lot of experince. Fiona was just rookie and not battle hardened like her.

• Well I have to say that since Athena was raised like that from a young age we can't just label her as bad. I mean, there's a difference when you decide to become an assassin and when this decision is made by someone else, especially if you're a kid. Killing people became the only thing she knew and good at. She's not a saint of course but not as bad either.

Mordecai GAVE Fiona CHANCE to leave by saying that it was VAULT HUNTER business. Yet Fiona stated that she WAS a VAULT HUNTER. Athena isn

• Well, we're not playing the good guys. Fiona and sasha tried to screw up August. And vallory isn't the Bad guy, either. She just want the money like Fiona. They're not that different if you think about it.

What century are you from?

I was horrified that Brick would be so vicious to punsh a women in the face. I got no regret that I stabbed his shoulder.

• I can't be mad at my main, Brick. They were just doing a job, like they always do. If it makes people feel better, everything sorta works out for everyone in the end. Better in Brick/Mordechai hands than Vallory.

• Where the hell did this come from? Why are people so comfortable in taking a situation out of context and misinterpreting it to suit their own personal view?

• 19th :D

... What century are you from?

• All of this took a complete different direction than I have expected. Never mind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.