The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• No prob,just rembering that made me laugh at myself. That whole night was just too stupid! I did get a standing O at pratice day after! That was good. Any way women are crazy at any age! The worst that can happen is a she says no. So what, try again get 2 no, And she might come to you!

Thanks for your story, makes me know I'm not alone in this. I feel even worse for you. I never snapped at mine because I didn't want to ruin it for others but I felt like it.

• Yeah, women are nuts. I don't get why everyone creates a perfect idea of what they want and takes nothing less, they grow out of it I guess, then I'll be the guy girls (hopefully) come to. Life is strange.

No prob,just rembering that made me laugh at myself. That whole night was just too stupid! I did get a standing O at pratice day after!

• I'm very sorry for your loss.

SoMuchSass posted: »

Guys I need some help... I lost my father 2 weeks ago in an unexpected terrible way. I'm not sure how I feel or how I am. It's hard to ex

• enter image description here

Markd4547 posted: »

Thank you BigBlindMax, Saltlick123, Green613, ComingSoon, RammsteinFürImmer and Tobi for your kind messages and anyone who just left a thum

• Sorry for your loss, I never met my Mom she died when I was 4weeks old. But I know my mother. Her son knows her. She was a librian and I inherted her personal books. Ledgers, that book every daughter used to keep hidden. And has a key. The complete works of some of the Great Authors Edgar Poe helped me understand so many things! (My feelings on death are complex I niether fear nor seek it!) And a Tv guide from November dated the day before I was born. She was a "Hee-Haw" "fan" I had to become a detective to get to know her but I feel I do. Of course I've heard everystory ever told about her too. Point is I was fine with this till I was 25,My birthday come and I'm crying all day didn't know why. My dad called and I say "Hello" hearing the tone in my voice he immediatly says "I miss her too" but today Is your day! So we go out(me and dad to a bar)Tv at said bars vol was at like 50. The remote was lost not to befound. So its on the Science channel and I hear the following: "All the matter in the Universe,cannot be destroyed it is as immutable as time,and space it may only be transformed." It was Lennard Nemoy's In Search of:God. Not sure I beleve in "signs" or" God" but there is atleast some truth in those words. They've helped alot this last year as I've lost my Aunt(moms Twin) and Uncle(her brother) not preachin here. Just a fact nothing can ever trully be destroyed! I don't know what comes after this life. Just that we are part of a continueing expansion of the Universe! And theres comfort in that fact for me. Hope You may find some too.

Guys I need some help... I lost my father 2 weeks ago in an unexpected terrible way. I'm not sure how I feel or how I am. It's hard to ex

• This is terrible. I do not have much advice to give you on this, aside from that these feelings will eventually subside (in my experience). I did talk to others about it when a friend of mine died from a freak accident, but that helped only marginally for me. Still, I recommend that you do so; anything that can help is worth it, even if it is marginal.

I am sorry I could not be anymore helpful on this. For what it is worth, you have my sympathies.

• Yup great game too:)

Yeah, women are nuts. I don't get why everyone creates a perfect idea of what they want and takes nothing less, they grow out of it I guess, then I'll be the guy girls (hopefully) come to. Life is strange.

• There's nothing I can say that will fix everything, but my wife recommends the book Good Grief for these situations. It helps you work out your feelings.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• You have my sympathies. I have no advice, since I'm not really good with this type of stuff.

• I lost my aunt, and a few relatives this year.

You're not alone.

It's best to talk to your mom or uncle about your feelings, surely they feel the same way. If you're too afraid to speak to them, how about talking to your friends?

• Sorry for you loss, it really sucks to lose someone you're close to.

You don't need to be worried about forgetting him, he'll always be around. In here, the heart and the mind. The memories he shared with you will always be there deep within. I lost my grandmother at 14 years old, I also was numbed down from it. You'll just gain a much harder shell for the surface, but deep within will remain the same. Your coping mechanism is by hardening, same like I went through. These days however, I'm more emotional and stripped some of the shell off, it took a while, but I was able to show more emotion eventually. I'm sure it'll be the same for you too, you'll pull through. Hold tight onto your memories of your father, and you will not forget. He'll still be with you. And be sure to talk to other people you're close to, if you need to express, they're there to help you (some may need time of their own to cope, so it's sometimes best to speak to someone who's less affected).

• Thank you, believe me it's helpful what you guys are doing here. :) I cannot openly speak about my feelings, not even with my Mom. But I have a friend who went through the same thing this year, I was able to tell her how I really feel. I don't know if that helped me or not, but I think grief is a thing you have to face alone. Family and friends can help but in the end you're alone with your thoughts.

This is terrible. I do not have much advice to give you on this, aside from that these feelings will eventually subside (in my experience).

• I hope so, I just have a really bad memory.

Don't worry about forgetting, that's an irrational fear. I've lost family, I haven't forgot them and I have drank enough alcohol in my life to send a normal person into dementia.

• Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it.

BigBlindMax posted: »

First of all, you have my sympathies. There's nothing worse than losing a loved one unexpectedly. What you feel is shock and that's to b

• Thank you.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

• Thanks, I'll check that book out.

WarpSpeed posted: »

There's nothing I can say that will fix everything, but my wife recommends the book Good Grief for these situations. It helps you work out your feelings. I'm sorry for your loss.

• I'm not good with it either but thank you.

RhysAndLee posted: »

You have my sympathies. I have no advice, since I'm not really good with this type of stuff.

• Sorry for your loss.

Thankfully I'm not alone in this. I can open up more to my friends who have dealt with this before. But it's hard to talk about my feelings with my family. But I try to be there for them and support them.

I lost my aunt, and a few relatives this year. You're not alone. It's best to talk to your mom or uncle about your feelings, surely they feel the same way. If you're too afraid to speak to them, how about talking to your friends?

• edited September 2015

enter image description here

It'll all be OK! You may think you'll forget, but those memories stay for life. Even the little ones! My earliest memory is the most insignificant thing in the universe. It's basically me, my mom, my sister and my uncle trying to figure out how to build one of those little race car tracks. That is the most unimportant thing ever. But somehow, my brain still latches on to that small thing!

Here's some inspirational music to keep you standing :)

enter link description here

• Thank you! For the advice and kind words. I hope we'll get through this with my family, but I miss him.

Sorry for you loss, it really sucks to lose someone you're close to. You don't need to be worried about forgetting him, he'll always be a

• Thank you, I don't know what I believe in anymore, but there's some truth in those words.

Sorry for your loss, I never met my Mom she died when I was 4weeks old. But I know my mother. Her son knows her. She was a librian and I i

• Thanks, it means a lot! :)

CosmicSouls posted: »

It'll all be OK! You may think you'll forget, but those memories stay for life. Even the little ones! My earliest memory is the most insigni

• edited September 2015

It's perfectly normal to feel empty and numb people grief in different ways I was the exact same when I lost people really close to me you feel in disbelief and just your mind cannot accept it.

Everything is going to be ok it's going to be hard now so stay strong for the people around you and be there for your family.

Your Dad cared about you and made you so be the best person you can be for him he will always live on through you

I'm so sorry for your loss I promise just endure this right now and you will find the light at the end of the tunnel it will get better don't worry

• For fuck's sake. Another good thread closed down.

• What thread?

For fuck's sake. Another good thread closed down.

• The feminism thread. I was getting into a really good discussion.

TheCatWolf posted: »

What thread?

•      You are welcome.   Onetime or another we've all been there.    Though I seem to be on a ramble spree!   

Thank you, I don't know what I believe in anymore, but there's some truth in those words.

• Mom: Megan! What did you do to my phone? Why can't I text anymore?

Me: um, it just turned off after the battery died. That phone's been broken since I was still using it.

Mom: Then why can't I text?

Me: I just told you, the phone is broken. Just restart it a few times and it should be fine.

Mom: MEGAN! That's why I don't want you touching things! You always ruin everything!

Me: excuse me? (I stand up, and point at her) it's not my fault your phone can't text anymore. It's on old model and it's most likely obselete.

Mom: So you're talking back now?! You're like your brother, sadly he passed away so he wouldn't know about how he influenced you to be like that. I, raised you both right, and It's past my control on what happened to you.

(cont.): Ever since you were a child, I knew you weren't like the other kids—

Me: Are you insulting me now? You know, I've endured what you've been saying to me these past 9 years. All you do is bitch about my imperfections and shoving my insecurities to me face! Sometimes I wished it was you in the coffin instead of my brother!

Mom: you disgraceful child! (slaps me)

Dad: I think you two should need some space...

(Some yelling after)

I left home and am temporarily crashed with my friends. They know what I'm going through, and ... they're the best.

I can't handle my mom right now, to the point that I ignore her during her birthday and on Mother's Day.

She does the same thing on my birthday, so we're completely even.

Dad's keeping close contact with mom so I get some updates. Apparently, she's still yelling.

• Mom: So you're talking back now?! You're like your brother, sadly he passed away so he wouldn't know about how he influenced you to be like that. I, raised you both right, and It's past my control on what happened to you.

What the fuck?! Way to be blasé the death of her child...Christ!

It sounds like your mom has some serious personal issues and is using you as a scapegoat.

Mom: Megan! What did you do to my phone? Why can't I text anymore? Me: um, it just turned off after the battery died. That phone's been

• I did that myself. Didn't take care of my teeth properly as a kid. Now half a tooth has broken up and I got an infection from it that made my entire jaw hurt if the tooth touched anything. I'll probably have to get a few false teeth or fillings put in.

I am meant to be getting them sometime, so I am intentionally neglecting my dental hygiene! Or at least I was.

• I've heard the reason for her outfit, and I think it's an interesting idea. I haven't play MGS V yet, but I plan to once I get an external hard drive for my Xbone. While I'm certain Kojima knew how quite a lot of guys would see Quiet, it's still his game and his creative freedom as a content creator. I think game developers, writers, or anybody developing a form of entertainment should have complete creative freedom over their work of art, because I think media that comes from the heart is the best quality media.

For example, I am currently working on an original story of how a Australia civil war turns Victoria into a sort of lawless state. Kinda like a modern wild west. I've chosen to write about it because I value my sovereignty over myself as a person, and like the idea of not being forced into the machine that is society. I plan to present another way of looking at the heavily-structured and controlled world we live in. If I were forced to glorify society and heavy control over the population through my story, not only would I feel insulted, I feel that my work would not be as good. I'm far more proud of my works of fiction because they came from me, not someone else.

And if someone feels uncomfortable by what they are seeing, then that's their problem. Game developers should not be responsible for people's feelings. And as for Mad Max, I found it to be quite enjoyable, although I felt the message in the film was unnecessary. I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right, but I think there is writing on a bit of wall saying, "We are not things". I did have to roll my eyes at how blatant it was. Still, I'm not going to tell them how to make their movies. If that's how they want their movies to be, then I respect that.

I'd also like to point out how Ubisoft is including a transgender character in AC: Syndicate. Now I don't have a problem with the character's inclusion. In fact, I'm interested to see how Ubisoft will portray the character in a much harsher time period for transgender people (not sure what it was like in England, but over here, things like cross-dressing got you committed in a lunatic asylum). But what I don't like is their reason for doing so. Why do we need to represent a character of every background to be considered inclusive? Just because a game doesn't have a gay or transgender character doesn't mean it's homophobic or denying that those people exist. Games are inclusive because ANYONE can play them. The game doesn't discriminate based on race, gender or sexuality. Anyone can pick up a controller and learn to play the game.

• edited September 2015

Exactly why I have stopped neglecting it.

I did that myself. Didn't take care of my teeth properly as a kid. Now half a tooth has broken up and I got an infection from it that made m

• I wish you the best on your ascent from sadness.

Thank you, believe me it's helpful what you guys are doing here. I cannot openly speak about my feelings, not even with my Mom. But I have

• Dear God, this brings back some awful memories.

I had similar problems with my dad (other things happened on top of that, but that is besides the point). He was always controlling and abusive in action and speech towards me, my brother and mother.

From what you have told me, she sounds like she has some sociopathic traits. i.e. egotistical to the point where she will remorselessly blame other people and believes that they are always right and that it is always not their fault, plus a lack of empathy. Do not take what I have just said as truth (after all, this is just from a single forum post and I am not a trained psyco-analyst), but your mother sounds to me like she has some serious social impairments.

If you do not mind my asking, how well does your mother interact with others?

Mom: Megan! What did you do to my phone? Why can't I text anymore? Me: um, it just turned off after the battery died. That phone's been

• edited September 2015

The fucking hell?! Honestly that's just ridiculous, there's so much stupid shit that your mom said/did there that it's unfathomable to comprehend. And I absolutely hate it when someone brings up a deceased relative in an argument to provide "justification" on their end, sis used to do with me when we argue (brings up my mother who's been dead since I was like 1 or 2) and just makes me even more angry, we settled on it when I told her to leave mom out of it all. Bringing up a deceased close one to back up their end of the argument to slander the other end is NEVER okay. Even more so over trivial shit such as a fucking phone. Simply put, FUCK HER.

(May have went overboard but it really riled me up, sorry if my post bothered you a bit.)

• edited September 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/

Before my rant I'll give a back story of the people involved

Zoe Quinn

Sucked 9 D's of major reviewers to get good reviews for her game "Depression Quest* this was found out and caused an uproar creating Gamergate people who want no more corruption or gifts for good reviews in gaming journalism

Of course Journalists control the media they knew they were f**ked and found out so they needed a smoke screen to keep the concentration off them they didn't want to lose all the benefits the corruption brought they had an idea they brought in Anita

Anita sarkeesian

Feminazi who never played a game in her life yet became a spokewoman for woman in game

She jumped into gamergate the media is controlled by journalists they wrote lots of headlines for her about male abuse in gaming, Gave her all the talk show slots to talk about gamer gate, they censored and removed any post against their agenda even the wiki for gamergate was edited by them a cover up

They made gamergate out to be about attacking woman in gaming so the spotlight was off their corruption.

she got paid tax free donations off people in thousands to make sheety videos about male abuse in gaming on youtube how gamergate is all about her and her abuse she gets. That Gamergate was made to attack women gamers all bs

gamergate had nothing to do with feminism at all never did

Now my rant

Zoe Quinn and Anita got invited by the UN this week

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/25/9399169/united-nations-women-cyber-violence-anita-sarkeesian-zoe-quinn

http://time.com/4049106/un-cyber-violence-physical-violence/

Do you think the UN or Governments give two shits about what delicate flowers get called on twitter?

NO censorship over the people gives them power to train the population to be submissive and obedience to their views and opinions taught to only believe what they do or face the consequence it's a way of brainwashing to keep the working class under control and not have independent taught like sheep

I heard they want to bring in a fine system to which brings consequence to free speech teaching people the only correct way to think and act is what they want you to while making a bucket load of cash it's genius

But how bring this in without protest or failure?

Simple you need a smoke screen enter feminazis so the UN can pretend the justification is to protect woman when really all this censorship is made to oppress and control making the rich more powerful and taking away the only power the lower classes have free speech.

I'll give you an example Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning both reported illegal activities of the government the america's global surveillance nsa where it was leaked of the horrific killing of innocent camera men they taught were holding guns, the tortures they did and the fact they steal the worlds personal and private information with the help of facebook among other sources

Do something illegal get sent to prison. Report someone in power of doing something illegal with fact and sources to back it up you get sent to prison you never can win

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

No matter what you do the powerful make the rules they love to censor us completely but would they give themselves the taste of their own medicine they give you?
    never make no mistake their job is to make as much tax dollars out of you as possible and restrict opposing ideas

Anita and Zoey serve as pawns for the UN to hide behind to gain more control and get more money the smoke screen feminism is perfect to get as much censorship as possible and as much control over opposing ideas as they can.

While only Anita and Zooey will face the backlash not them

Femininazis are a cancer to free speech and expression the irony is they will only bring more oppression to all genders if they try to restrict free speech by law opening pandoras box of everything is offensive and triggers.

Because at the end of the day no matter how much is in your bank account or how much power you have everyone should have a voice and the right of free speech not a select few who make their own rules for you to follow.

What's your opinion on Censorship of free speech?

• I was never really bothered that much by gamer gate (I ignore that drivel), but that UN shit really bothers me. Twitter abuse is completely outside UN jurisdiction. Maybe they should spend more time focusing on the hundreds of millions without access to clean drinking water.

Good thing my country doesn't give two shits about what the UN has to say. Kinda funny because UN headquarters are on US soil.

Markd4547 posted: »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/ Before my rant I'll give a back story o

• edited September 2015

That's why I love America tbh I heard the UN went after your guns to take them all away and America basically told them to f**k off legends XD

As for gamergate that was just a background on them for the UN story tbh and I completely agree with you on the clean drinking water

BigBlindMax posted: »

I was never really bothered that much by gamer gate (I ignore that drivel), but that UN shit really bothers me. Twitter abuse is completely

• edited September 2015

These days it's just get harder and harder to put up with this Eustachian Tube Dysfunction that tormented me for years and had cost me countless of sleep at night, to the point where I'm at my lowest after my doctor's appointment today. After waiting for 45 minutes for my turn to arrive, they stick a medical camera cable up my nose without getting anywhere near the Eustachian Tube, their verdict was to 'Ignore it'.

How wonderful. A crippling condition that forces me to rely on heavy anti-depressants to sleep at night to ignore the sharp popping sound that scares me awake when I try to sleep...and I'm supposed to live with it for the rest of my life by 'brainwashing myself to see it as something that's harmless or not there', according to the doctor.

Must be so easy to say those words when you don't even have to live with the same condition that upsets not just myself, but everyone around me. I know that I'm a big burden to my family, even though they swear that I'm not, and that what hurts me the most.

One thing I know what to do, I'll never go to that hospital again. And to think it was supposed to be a better hospital than from the one that belongs to my own town.

Apologises for the drama, but I really need to vent again.

• Sorry to hear that dude!

My sister suffered chronic daily headaches and had a lot of the same experiences with specialists. You may have to go far afield until you find someone who will be able to treat you.

RichWalk23 posted: »

These days it's just get harder and harder to put up with this Eustachian Tube Dysfunction that tormented me for years and had cost me count

Sign in to comment in this discussion.