Telltale shouldn't let Burch write their games

Comments

• Chill. It was one line of dialogue

• I thought it was funny, and as much as I disliked a lot of Burch's writing in the past, I fail to see an agenda behind that line. it was just an unexpected response, and the punchline was that they actually WERE gossiping about boys like Rhysquez suggested they were, which actually makes THEM look like the hypocrites.

• Why was there such a negative reaction to this line? And what's with all the hate on some guy named Burch? I don't understand you people :(

• They hated his writing on BL2 (if im not mistaken), where the dialogues are commonly pop-culture references and etc,.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Why was there such a negative reaction to this line? And what's with all the hate on some guy named Burch? I don't understand you people

• ...Did you just make an account to complain about one line of dialogue, or

• edited October 2015
  • to all the niggas complaining about Burch

![enter image description here](https://media.giphy.com/media/B7bLPuQgCJRKg/giphy.gif)
  • It's a couple lines since TPS but yeah it's silly. For some reason people believe Anthony is trying to be a SJW and putting into his writing.

Courtenay posted: »

...Did you just make an account to complain about one line of dialogue, or

• @AgentZ46

No people loved Burch's writing for BL2, even though it kind of created Memelands. But starting at TPS people kind of had a falling out because he was making a lot of SJW lines. Kind of like Mr. Torgue talking friendzoning, and a few other things. He even put it into his some of his Youtube work: "Hey Ashly Watcha Playing?" even though there it felt completely joking.

People really don't like SJW's and some are viewing Anthony as one. So......

They hated his writing on BL2 (if im not mistaken), where the dialogues are commonly pop-culture references and etc,.

• Tumblr is leaking...again.

Wasn't there a thread complaining about that already? Or a thread where someone complained about Jack being sexist in Episode 3? Anthony isn't a bad writer, all he writes for TFTB are some clever jokes, like, he wrote Athena being weirded out about the eye in Fiona's pocket in Episode 3. Was that so bad? Was it offensive? No. Well, except for all those eye fetishists! They must be depressed now!

• Didn't we already have this discussion last month?

Seriously, if you have such a problem with a couple of lines like this (which I and many others thought was pretty funny) then you need to re-evaluate your life.

How so many people have such a problem with Anthony Burch is just pathetic.

• I'd still like Anthony Burch either way, I don't mind his writing.

• I swear, this kind of thread pops up once every two weeks and yet I still don't understand why people are complaining that a Borderlands writer is writing for a Borderlands game.

(And before somebody tries to explain it further to me - don't.)

It's a couple lines since TPS but yeah it's silly. For some reason people believe Anthony is trying to be a SJW and putting into his writing.

• I'm not defending them, I'm just saying that's their argument

Courtenay posted: »

I swear, this kind of thread pops up once every two weeks and yet I still don't understand why people are complaining that a Borderlands writer is writing for a Borderlands game. (And before somebody tries to explain it further to me - don't.)

• Wasn't implying that you were, don't worry. P:

I'm not defending them, I'm just saying that's their argument

• Hi Anthony!

Didn't we already have this discussion last month? Seriously, if you have such a problem with a couple of lines like this (which I and ma

• edited October 2015
    > Tumblr is leaking...again.

Pfft, dude, tumblr freaking *loved* this line. I saw tons of posts of how great/funny it was on there. :P
    Crips posted: »

Tumblr is leaking...again. Wasn't there a thread complaining about that already? Or a thread where someone complained about Jack being se

• [sigh] Not this crap again. Why do some people get so angry over lines of dialog that simply promote being respectful to others? Besides, it was hilarious.

• Borderlands is arguably one of the most diverse game series out there in terms of race, gender, sexuality, etc. The fact that people still feel the need to complain about trivial throwaway lines such as this one is, quite frankly, kind of ridiculous. Just ignore it and pick a different dialogue option next time.

• He also wrote the Jack-apedias. Now this is going off what I've heard, not sure if it's true, he also wrote the scene between Rhys and Jack on top of the caravan and the one between Fiona and Janey in Episode 4.

Crips posted: »

Tumblr is leaking...again. Wasn't there a thread complaining about that already? Or a thread where someone complained about Jack being se

• When did Jack even do that in the game? This is just so mezmorizing and I don't know why...
  • It was a joke. Bait and switch. A play on expectations. I imagine you chose that line because you figured it's the kind of prickish thing Vasquez would say, aye? And yet it's turned around on you by a meathead with a gun. Even if you find the notion of social justice bothersome, you've got to admit that's funny.

• Yup, don't recall if it was the same guy posting it but I was wondering why this old thread was brought back after, I thought, it was thoroughly discussed. Same post, different time.

Didn't we already have this discussion last month? Seriously, if you have such a problem with a couple of lines like this (which I and ma

• When Vasquez is talking about how Jack used to punch him in the face every time he saw him. I'm pretty sure you have to choose the "I'm jealous" line of dialog. That's when Jack makes this face as Rhys talks about how Jack spat on him once.

When did Jack even do that in the game? This is just so mezmorizing and I don't know why...

• Thanks to his writing we have those obnoxious references in BL2

I'd still like Anthony Burch either way, I don't mind his writing.

• Okay

AxeWorld posted: »

Thanks to his writing we have those obnoxious references in BL2

• I hate the dumb meme Reddit shit he put into BL2, but from what we've seen in Tales, he's pretty good and I'm glad he's on the team.
  • Burch wrote all of Jacks dialogue in Episode 3 (dont know about the others) and I absolutely loved it. As long as he doesnt put his twitter feed into the game, like in Pre-Sequel, its fine.

• People invest way too much feelings in these political-social things that they can't see when they're a joke.

• I don't really see what's wrong with that line. LMAO

• I thought this was funny joke. But after seeing how many people were offended by it I find it hilarious.

• Really, people had a problem with this? It was funny, since it was unexpected.

• ya kidding? You wouldn't want to fight the ninja turtles? I mean damn people are so ungrateful! xD

AxeWorld posted: »

Thanks to his writing we have those obnoxious references in BL2

• I don't get it. Rhysquez teased them in an asshole-ish way and was called on his behavior. Makes sense to me.

• Can someone inform me cuz I'm not sure... What parts of Borderlands did this Burch guy write that were that bad?

• Oh for god's sake, quit with the circlejerk!

• Okay thanks. I tried to go for not being very commuticative. Not like silent, but just straight up against Wallethead.

Deadpoolian posted: »

When Vasquez is talking about how Jack used to punch him in the face every time he saw him. I'm pretty sure you have to choose the "I'm jealous" line of dialog. That's when Jack makes this face as Rhys talks about how Jack spat on him once.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.