Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited October 2015

What a coincidence. My older sister has recently started playing Life is Strange too. In the diner, she's also managed to get all the answers right without having to rewind a second time. At that point, she had to stop and take a break for a couple days. Life got in the way. ;-| Also, while she is playing, I am just there guiding her, pointing out where to find the optional photos, who to chat with and where to go. So far, she's already choices that differ from mine.

I intervened to help Kate/She took a photo of David harassing Kate

I told Kate to look for proof/She told Kate to go to the police

I rejected Warren's invite/She accepted Warren's invite

I didn't answer Kate's call/She answered Kate

I still plan on replaying the whole story before playing the final episode is released, but I do like watching how my sister plays it and see what she decides in those difficult decision moments.

My sister was playing Ep 2 and they were at the diner. She was at the part where Chloe asks what's in her pockets and she got it all right without rewinding once. Just damn.

• No I was really mad at him at first, but as I turned it in my head more and more I just think this would be cool if it turned out to be true. I just don't think he's crazy.

wow really that's what you got out of the last episode wow. there truly is such thing as sympathy for the devil.

• What do you mean by believable?

They make something believable at the very least

• I haven't been on the Dontnod forum, so I can't judge. But Telltale Staff still occasionally post and comment on the forums. If you got a link to the Dontnod forum where the developers talk to the fans, I would like to see that.

the BIG one is they DON'T LIE to there customers with bull shit lies of your CHOICES matter in which we all know they really REALLY dont at

• I like that Telltale has competition. :)

Legendary12 posted: »

I'm just glad Telltale finally have some good competition.. This will force them to put better quality into their next games! From the end

• LiS has equal budget to Telltale's video games.

Clord posted: »

I wonder if Telltale Games will start make high budget episodes too now that there is serious competition going on. No offense to Telltal

• edited October 2015

Choices actually matter with Telltale's games.

Referring to the term: "Elastic Narrative" whereas a player has control over the dialogues, choices and character actions, however on a limited scale in which like 'elastic', the story will return to it's original shape.

To add further, episodic games has a story to tell (obviously), so like a story that has a beginning and an end, it will always go exactly the same -- the differences is who lives, who dies etc,. And in a simpler term: "Interactive storybook"

It's not that the devs cannot make more impactful decisions -- they can if they could -- but it's all limited to the story itself.

the BIG one is they DON'T LIE to there customers with bull shit lies of your CHOICES matter in which we all know they really REALLY dont at

• I wonder what a Zombie episodic interactive drama graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment would be like.....

• "Find me 5 bottles before the zombies get here, MAX!"

I wonder what a Zombie episodic interactive drama graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment would be like.....

• These zombies are hella fucking annoying, Go fuck your retro zombie apocalypse...

No one would ever even miss your zombie ass would they!! Im so SICK of people trying to eat me!

"Find me 5 bottles before the zombies get here, MAX!"

• people trying to eat me

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

These zombies are hella fucking annoying, Go fuck your retro zombie apocalypse... No one would ever even miss your zombie ass would they!! Im so SICK of people trying to eat me!

• edited October 2015
    (I meant to post this a long time ago, but then I just forgot about it)

What do you all think, does Life Is Strange look better with or without Chromatic aberration?

Here's an example of the effect of it in LIS:

And here's a quick comparison. CA on:

CA off:
  • Squirrel zombies.

I wonder what a Zombie episodic interactive drama graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment would be like.....

• edited October 2015
    For some reason the images won't show up in the thread...
  • Quotes and images aren't working.

The whole forum is currently broken.

MichaelBP posted: »

For some reason the images won't show up in the thread...

• Yeah, I figured it might've been some error with the forum. Anyway, I think the game looks better without CA.

Quotes and images aren't working. The whole forum is currently broken.

• Wait, I think images and quotes work again.

Yeah, I figured it might've been some error with the forum. Anyway, I think the game looks better without CA.

• Since it's the song from the trailer of episode 1 of LiS, I feel like posting it here :3

enter link description here

I can't believe this is all going to be over soon ;-;

Why the fuck do I feel nostalgic?! ;~~; </3

• This great Game has started early 2015 and now we have the final episode in October the time runs very fast for me and I can not wait what's going on in the final episode.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Since it's the song from the trailer of episode 1 of LiS, I feel like posting it here enter link description here I can't believe this is all going to be over soon ;-; Why the fuck do I feel nostalgic?! ;~~; </3

• Seriously, Life is Strange has this interesting soundtrack that are soul touching.

I feel happy, sad, content, jumpy, nostalgic, relaxed and warm. I feel the comfortable atmosphere of spring/summer. The sadness and loneliness of autumn. I feel like a kid again. Yet, I feel being adult.

Sorry, just describing what I feel while listening to the music. :)

Since it's the song from the trailer of episode 1 of LiS, I feel like posting it here enter link description here I can't believe this is all going to be over soon ;-; Why the fuck do I feel nostalgic?! ;~~; </3

• I wonder if Telltale Games will start make high budget episodes too now that there is serious competition going on.

Tbh I don't think Telltale considers Dontnod a serious competitor, so they are probably not paying attention to Life is Strange that much.

Clord posted: »

I wonder if Telltale Games will start make high budget episodes too now that there is serious competition going on. No offense to Telltal

• The voice acting in LIS can be jittery at points but Max and Chloe aren't the only good voice actors

The voice acting kills the immersion for me. I also don't think the voice acting for Max and Chloe are okay

LIS animations are better along with the graphics, they use actual mo cap while telltale does not. The voice acting in LIS can be jittery at

• The images don't appear in your post.

(I meant to post this a long time ago, but then I just forgot about it) What do you all think, does Life Is Strange look better with or

• That a bit of a spoiler for Until Dawn don't you think?

Clemenem posted: »

Last time I did this Nathan beat Gary. Now it's a battle of hidden psychos. Who's crazier and who wins? Josh Washington VS. Mr. Jefferson

• I'm not sure what to make of that hot dog picture.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

xD

• I may give Life is Strange shit, but the soundtrack is pretty good.

• I believe that some Telltale employees know some people who work on Life is Strange, so they're definitely at least paying attention to it.

I wonder if Telltale Games will start make high budget episodes too now that there is serious competition going on. Tbh I don't thin

• Agreed, there are some pretty good songs from it, I'll give it that.

I may give Life is Strange shit, but the soundtrack is pretty good.

• The volume is too high and I was using headphones.

RIP my ears

• edited October 2015

You know, just, believable. Their story at least makes some sense in the real world, despite the hipster bullshit.

What do you mean by believable?

• What? Max and Chloe looking like two men isn't enough?

takes one to know one i guess.

• idiot

DeityD posted: »

I know. That's what I meant.

• Pat pat.

TheCatWolf posted: »

The volume is too high and I was using headphones. RIP my ears

• I want to ask, is 20th a certain release date? I mean, I am just afraid that the release date gets changed...

• I don't think so. They announced the release date just to let people know when the finale is going to be released but it has a chance for the release date to get changed. :T

I want to ask, is 20th a certain release date? I mean, I am just afraid that the release date gets changed...

• edited October 2015

For some reason the images won't show up. They do when I click on preview and in my profile, but bot in the post. But now it should work.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/xnQxe6Q.jpg

CA on:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27361283926226997/0ADB80ABABAE86D2D54B853D93DF2E1FD81D931C/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/383161437190943198/F19286926E382252E66D528CCCE846754F7A19FF/

The images don't appear in your post.

• Lmao is that Victoria on the hotdog picture?

Karnedg2013 posted: »

xD

• Wolfenus54 posted: »

I don't think so. They announced the release date just to let people know when the finale is going to be released but it has a chance for the release date to get changed. :T

Sign in to comment in this discussion.